Monday, March 18, 2024

Birthday Zebras

 Hi Ho, hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

My oldest nephew's birthday is coming up and I made him this birthday card. 
I've had these cute zebra stamps for ages and it was past time to ink them up.
I used one sheet of double sided designer paper from G45's Kaleidoscope collection for the whole card, with a few small scrap pieces left over. It has a blue zebra pattern on one side and solid blue on the other. I cut the A7 card base from it, as well as the back and the pieces you see on front.
I stamped the zebras, balloons and flowers, also the sentiments inside the balloons.
The monogram Z is a very old sticker from my stash.
I used a green Promarker to dot around the flowers and I colored the flowers with a yellow colored pencil and the scooter with a blue pencil.
And I used my black fountain pen to draw the balloon strings and a double helix faux stitch border of sorts. Kinda messy but I like it.


I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my A7 layout design, but I rotated it 90 degrees to give the zebras some grounding.

Supply List:
G45 Kaleidoscope designer paper
White card stock
QuicKutz Studio alpha dies (Is For)
MFT Stitched Basic Edge die (on zebra mat under monogram, forming a stitched arrow)
MFT Zippy Zebra stamps
Avery Elle balloon stamps
Little flower stamp
Sweet Stamp Shop and Avery Elle sentiments (inside balloons)
Monogram Z sticker
Black fountain pen

 
On back of the card, I used more of the sheet of zebra paper, and a Sugarloaf stamped siggie on white card.
Inside the card, I composed the sentiment in PSE, framed it and printed out on white paper.

One last look.
Thanks for the visit.
Hope you have a good week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
 
Column B: Frame / Free / CAS
Celebrations

21 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love your adorable zebras on this card. Thay have so much personality.

meg said...

Thank you for joining in at MMM with this fun birthday card

Melanie Hungerford said...

Super cute, I love those little zebras, glad you finally got them inked up! Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple.

Donna Walls said...

Such a sweet Birthday card, I love the images and the sketch! Thanks for linking up at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share another creative project soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Sweet card, I love the cute zebras! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgous card, Zachary will be very happy! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, this card is adorable! Both of the zebras are adorable. There's something about animals doing human things, like riding a scooter, that warms my heart. I also love those bright flowers and the way they match the little balloon. Great job! Your nephew will love it! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card, I love these zebras having fun in the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Imke said...

Fun and sweet birthday card. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon.

~Imke, My Crafty Place

ahlers5 said...

I love this, especially the faux stitching. I,ve tried it a few times, but couldn't get it to look right. Adorable card. I am trying to get back into visiting blogs. I have had grandsons here all day for the past two weeks. The one with autism demands my constant attention. I have him every day after school for a few hours. My daughter is not happy with me. I really don't want to do it anymore. At my age the stress is just to much. All I get is "Well, if you don't watch him I guess I'll have to quit my job and lose my house." Nothing like trying to make me feel like her problem is my responsibility. Anyways, I am going to try to be better about visiting a couple times a week. I want to get back to some type of normal!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure he loved this wonderful and imaginative card Aimes. x

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

So very cute! Thank you for sharing with us at StarStampz Challenge Blog.
Love to see you join in each month.
Annie (DT)

Alyson Mayo said...

Those zebras are so cute with their balloons!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute, Aimeslee. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Ellibelle said...

A really fun creation Aimeslee. Love these zebras, so glad you finally inked them up again! Great poem inside too, I am sure he was thrilled with this card!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Lisa said...

These are really cute zebras. I love the blue you used. It is very eye catching.

anne said...

This is a super fun card Aimes, love the bright colours.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne -CCC-DT

Pat K said...

Adorable, fun card for a boy. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute project. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Gale said...

This is such a fun Birthday card for a child Aimeslee! Love the zebras and papers. Just so cute. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

Pia S said...

What a fun and playful design! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.