Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Did Someone Say Cake?

 Hey there and Happy Tuesday.

Lift Challenge's current assignment is for text, repetitive shapes and a peekaboo character.
For some reason, I thought of a Spellbinders Confetti cover plate die that I can't ever remember using that would work for circle shapes, so I set about looking for a peekaboo in my stamps and found a cute Gerda Steiner doxie stamp with matching die.
The current assignment at A Place To Start is a monochromatic creation, and I had a two-toned blue paper polkadot print with some SU card stock in a matching shade and I knew I could do a monochromatic blue pallette with white accent for the card front.
So I decided to play.

Supplies Used:
SU and Recollections card stocks
Pebbles Birthday Wishes designer papers
Gerda Steiner, Avery Elle and Uniko stamps
Twilight Versafine Clair ink
Gerda Steiner, Spellbinders and MFT dies
I cut both the cover plate die and the MFT dainty circle borders twice in blue and in white to add some white confetti circles and white dots inside the borders. I also stamped the cute litte pup who is sniffing for that cake in the same Twilight blue ink as the sentiments are stamped with. Because I was going for monochrome, I left him uncolored except for a pencil colored blue collar. 
So I believe I met both the assignments of Text/Repetitive Shapes/Peekaboo and Monochromatic creation.

 
Inside is a different story as it gets really colorful. You may see that I papered the top and bottom, partly to use up paper and also to cover any bleed-through from stamping on the front card base. A top layer of yellow stash paper was stamped with a Uniko Sentiment. On back, more of the Pebbles paper, a sheet I'd probably have trouble using otherwise. And a stamped and white heat embossed EKS siggie on one of the circle wastes from the front coverplate die cut.

I had fun making this. I've been struggling lately to find pleasure in what's on my to do list plus a bit burned out on hearts, so making this helped with that. It was a fun diversion and I'm always in need of birthday cards.

Thanks so much for your visit today
and I hope your week goes well.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Ugh, tough choice as I like them both. But when you need the stamped image die cut, a physical stamp set is handy. Perhaps out of long time habit, I always look through my physical stamps first, lol.
Modra (Blue)

18 comments:

!neke said...

Great card .love your choice of colors !!!
groeten Ineke

Alyson Mayo said...

That doggie has my heart! Love the shades of blue and white :)

Vicky Hayes said...

What great choices you made for this fun card Aimslee! I love the little peekaboo dog and the way you uppped the energy inside the card. Vicky x

Nicole Parmentier said...

Your card is adorable Aimeslee! Even the polkadotpaper fits the bill and that little peekaboo dog is so cute! I also love that you used a lot of color on the inside. Thanks you for joining us at te lift challenge!

My name is Erika. said...

This is an adorable card. That little pup is so cute, and I do like circles. There is something satisfying about them. I can tell you had fun with this card. Have a great middle of the week. hugs-Erika

Uschi said...

This doggie is so cute. The sentiment reminds me of our dog. He wants to eat all day long. I love your layout and also the colors you used. Great arrangement of circles and a stunning border complete this beautiful card.
Thank you for participating in the latest Critter Crazy challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Marjan said...

I really like your take on our challenge! The papers you used are perfect and the little dog adorable! The dots on the sides are a nice touch too and also the colorful inside of the card. Thank you for joining us at the Lidtchallenge, Aimeslee.

Anita said...

Love the monochrome, Aimeslee! Wonderful use of the cute doggie. Also, I had to chuckle at the colorful twist inside! :-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lurve this card, it made me chuckle, great design too Aimes. x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your fun card with 2 different sides, great idea! And cake ? Yes, cake would be great! Lots of love to you on Valentine's Day, hugs, Valerie

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, brings a smile to my face!

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wonderful card, great colors. Have a nice day, Ankie

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable. I need to make a few dog birthday cards and this is just perfecct.

nicolevb said...

What a great card
Beautiful collors the black white and bleu together
Love the dog

Sarah said...

That's a great card, love the design and the stamp set is fab. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

Cornelie said...

Your sweet doggie smells the cake, I think ;-) Fun colorful card! Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

FinArt said...

Hov sweet littlt dog is peacking out and wishing happy birthtday. You bring too us in Vesele hiška verry beautiful creation. Thank you for playing with us. Janja DT