Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Keys to Life: Weekly 4X6 Art

Happy Happy Valentine's/Galentine's Day!

This week my 4X6 art challenge themes are Keys and an interpretation of Light.
After looking through my stamps, I came up with a sort of self-love advice piece using mixed media. The phrase stamps are Artistic Outpost and the title stamp is Leave Memories. I can no longer remember who made all those key stamps, the suns nor the hearts border. Even though I'd planned the piece out in my head, there were a few detours along the way and I learned it's probably best not to stamp phrases with acrylic paint unless the letters are crisper and larger, lol. Ink is definitely better for that.

I began with my 4X6 white card that I ink blended with Verafine Clair ink and a foam blending tool, covering the entire card. The I brushed liquid glitter through a 7X7 Sheena Douglass sun rays stencil. After that dried, I stamped the sun stamps, one inside the other, in orange and red VF Clair ink.

Next, I squeezed out some cadmium red acrylic paint on a palette and brayered it out flat, then used it as a stamp pad for the bottom row of hearts stamp. That worked well, so I continued stamping the phrases alternating between the red acrylic and black VF Clair ink. I have to say that the two phrases stamped in acrylic (Do small things greatly and Life is Good) did not end up looking as good as I wanted so I pulled out a red Posca paint pen and did some doctoring that improved them somewhat.

But then, I screwed up and stamped the Keys to Life stamp upside down, but I saved it with a Spellbinders heart die cut out of parchment scrap, stamping correctly on that. I also stamped some tiny keys using grey VF Clair. I continued using the grey ink to stamp the rest of the keys and heart lock. I did some outlining with red and black Poscas, then ink-edged in black VF Clair ink and called it done before I could mess up again, lol. 

Last look.
Thanks for the visit today.
Have a great day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Stamping ink, Distress ink, Acrylic paint, Liquid glitter
Media Used: Paper, Stamping ink, Distress ink, Acrylic paint, Liquid glitter
I like both, but as I did on this piece, you can experiment using different stamping mediums like acrylic paint with physical stamps. Rubber stamps are best for this, as I've used all rubber on this.

25 comments:

Chris said...

A fabulous mixed media piece...with some great advice. The background is amazing- love that you experimented with the stamping medium too. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love, love, love this one, really well made and a bit different, great! Well done! Have a good rest of the week and weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It does look very artsy to stamp with the paint though! Great work on this piece!

!neke said...

Great mixed media card !!!!
grts Ineke

Carole J said...

A great take on the Keys theme, Amy. Lots of good advice there :)
x

Deann said...

Great job, beautiful work and words. Thank you for playing my challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media creation Aimeslee,love the sentiments and don't forget imperfections are what makes hand made.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great way to think about life, and sharing it on this day of love is perfect. You have to love yourself first of course. I like the yellow and the sun sharing all that light. This is perfect for Vicki's challenge and the heart is perfect for TIOT. Thank you for joining both challenges. And I hope you're having a Happy Valentine's Day too. hugs-Erika

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely project. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Diane said...

Oh, a fabulous mixed media piece, you are so clever at that art!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

*Vicki* said...

This is really brilliant Aimeslee! I love the brilliant shine to the sun and I think you've nailed the keys to life on all points here! What a wonderful interpretation to my "light" theme at AJJ! Thank you for your inspiration! I sure enjoyed it!

Alyson Mayo said...

Truer words are not spoken - great collection of sentiments. Love the bold yellow. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

Viv said...

Great mixed media piece! Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT

craftytrog said...

A great collage of words and images Aimeslee. I love the colours and all the keys!
Wishing you a blessed weekend,
Alison

Lisa said...

I love your process on this card. I also love the self-love advice. Really wonderful happy piece of mixed media.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning, Well done!! Thanks for entering your card at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Geweldige kaart. Super!!!!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Deanne Saunders said...

So cool!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous make! The contrast in colours looks amazing and makes your design pop - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Pia S said...

A fun, creative piece in bold, happy colors. Thanks for joining us over at INKspirational!

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Donna Walls said...

Great mixed media piece, love the bright and cheery colors. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Helen said...

Love your bold colours and the words you've used too.

Thanks for joining us at the Cut It Up Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Larelyn said...

Such a fun mix media card. Thanks for joining our Pearly Sparkles "Have a Heart" challenge.

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge too.

Helen x
DT