Sunday, February 11, 2024

Love Tag

 Happy end of the weekend.
Hope it was a good one for you. 
Here we had a sunny day and then a rainy cool front this evening.
And the Super Bowl, which Honey and I call the Supper Bowl since we eat our evening meal during it. My favorite commercial was the Uber Eats one. I thought The Beckhams had a witty exchange.
You can see it HERE.
😎

Finally got my Valentine tag finished for Honey. He's got it hanging in his Man Cave. He loves these German Scrap kiddos so it was an easy choice. They are pretty big (4 to a letter-size sheet) so I had to pull out my largest tagworthy dies, Spellbinders Art Deco Astoria and Renaissance Jubilee Label dies. 
I photographed it on a sheet of Rocket Red paper so the white hearts would show up better.

I chose two Basic Grey Blush collection striped papers and and cut them in opposite directions, sandwiching in between a piece of white KI Memories hearts card stock lace. (I chose the stripes to make it a bit more masculine than frilly since it's for Honey.) Then the kiddos on top. I added some BG Blush blue card stock letter stickers to spell LOVE at bottom and with a dark red colored pencil, I "inlined" them to be able to see the word more clearly. Finally, I added some tiny white and larger pink die cut hearts from my stash and a red foil one inside the LOVE's O.

I wanted to show you the 12x12 KI Memories card stock "lace" hearts sheet that I cut into for the middle paper layer of my tag. The front is a grey-ish graphite color but the back is white so that's the side I used. I have several different patterns of these, and since I haven't scrapbooked in quite a while, I thought I would start using these die cut sheets on whatever I can.

And final view.
Thanks very much for the visit and I hope everyone has a good week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Inspired by the couple and love XO's

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, I love, love, love your gorgeous tag, so pretty. The lace hearts are a big WOW factor, too. That's a great die. The kiddos remind me of my niece and nephew when I first came to Germany! That for making this gorgeous tag for my challenge at Tag Tuesday! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I like your tag Aimeslee. I like how it reminds me of the fun side of Valentine's Day, when you used to get those cute witty cards from the other kids at school. And I get why you cut up your sheet. I've been doing that with scrap materials. I do really like this lace sheet of hearts though. I probably would have cut it up quicker, but then I'm partial to that shape and probably wouldn't have been able to have it sitting there with all that heart potential. And my favorite commercial was the Dunkin Donuts (even though its Dunkin now) one with the Boston boys. I'm not partial to their donuts, but i think it's true how the guys think they can do everything their wives do. Smile. Hope you have a great week ahead and had just the right amount of rain. hugs-Erika

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimslee,
oh this is so lovely and the image is so sweet too.
Great elements used on this delightful creation.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Becca S said...

Wow!!! The vintage imagery of the kids just takes me back to childhood days! Those kiddos look like ones in the "Dick and Jane" stories and Valentine cards back in the 60s! :) Thanks for the throwback! You've packed in lots of layers and details into this tag! Lots to study. Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Celebrations of Love's #2 theme option event of Valentine's Day!!! --Becca

craftytrog said...

So sweet!
Have a lovely week Aimeslee.
Hugs,
Alison

Sole Ventura said...

That is a beautiful Valentine's Day tag. I hope your team won the Super Bowl, and I wish you a very good week.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Valentine tag love all the hearts and cute retro image.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love the tag for your husband. Those kids are adorable. That sheet of "lace" hearts is great for a layer. I would have a hard time cutting into it. I think I'm going to make ATC's for my husband's card this year. Just need to get it done.

papierelle said...

With this card we can travel back in time to our childhood. Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory again!!! Gundi

pinky said...

Aimeslee your tag is absolutely adorable. Love all the layers. I had to go watch that advertisement lol. It was brilliant!! Thanks so much for taking time to play along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

dj said...

Super cute!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine LOVE challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! An adorable Valentine’s Day card for a guy!!
Deb Horst, DT C4G340

Judy Woodland said...

What an adorable card. First things I thought of were those little Valentines my mom used to get for me to share with all my classmates when I was in elementary school. They would be called "vintage" now...lol. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. I hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. I love the vintage image.

Anita said...

Aimeslee, this is so very cute!! I also like that you've found a different use for paper that you're not using for scrapbooking. I should do that more. :-)

Donna Walls said...

What a great tag and I adore Vintage Valentine's images! What a great game (if you wanted KC to win - which we did). And we ate our way through it! Thanks for playing along at Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx

Heather said...

This is adorable!! I love the heart layer! Never would have guessed it was a sheet of "paper", I thought it was a die cut! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Lisa said...

Super cute vintage image.

corysnana said...

What a fun tag! Love all of your details. Thanks for sharing your tag with us on the Let's Craft and Create Blog. Cathy LC&C DT

Just Peachy Stamping said...

I agree, the Uber Eats commercial was pretty darn good. I really like the bright background of your card and how it sets off this fabulous couple. Thanks for playing along with our Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge. Sue - DT

Pia S said...

It's a really sweet tag, such a beautiful vintage image too. Thanks for joining us over at INKspirational!

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge.
Ilonka DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love those vintage scraps - what a fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Helen said...

What a sweet image and a lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x
DT