Monday, February 5, 2024

Celebrate Big Birthday

 Hello and Happy New Week!
Hope everyone is doing okay.

I'll be popping in a few times today and this is my first post.
A birthday card in navy blue, berry pink and teal with a background I created using alcohol inks and gilding flakes. I also ran it through an A7 bubble wrap embossing folder on the debossed side to give it even more texture.
Supplies Used:
SU card stocks - pink and navy
Tim Holtz Metallic Gold and Silver Kraft card
Spellbinders A7 Bubble Wrap embossing folder
Stamplorations sentiment die
Lawn Fawn banner die
Avery Elle balloon and confetti dies
Stamped sentiment (unknown) heat embossed with Ranger gold ep

 
I used a Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout deisgn.
I flipped it 180 degrees and made an A7 card.

I try to play with Group of Seven Cardmakers every month and this month it's the AI's and Gilding Flakes (linked below in challenges even though it's a technique share).

I had so much messy fun making the front and back background. I made several using different colored inks and have the stained fingers to prove it, lol. I'll show those backgrounds as I use them. For this background, I used 4x6 white glossy photo card and chose Ranger alcohol ink colors Patina for the teal and Denim for the navy blue. I added in the berry pink with SU card stock. For the gilding flakes, I used what I had which is Indigoblu Royal Peacock Flitter Flakes. I was surprised that I could dry emboss glossy photo card. I thought it would crack so I chose a design that didn't have skinny raised ridges. The Spellbinders bubble wrap folder was a good choice. I used it after inking and before applying the gilding flakes with glue in a needlepoint applicator.

Here's what that looked like after I applied the gilding flakes and the glue was drying.
I left it overnight.

And here is after scrubbing off the extra flakes with a very stiff fan brush I had. The glittery shine just cannot be fully captured by my photography skills. You are able to see the embossing folder effects in these pics.

The inside with a Hero Arts sentiment stamped with Versafine Clair ink.

And the back with another sheet of the background.
I ran this through the embossing folder the usual way. Here you can see the raised bubbles.

And final view.
Thanks for the visit today.
Have a good one!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINKUPS:
Media: Paper, Alcohol inks, Stamping inks, Gilding flakes
My 3 colors are berry pink, navy blue and teal
Dies are listed above in post
Modra (Blue)
Media: Paper, Alcohol Inks, Gilding Flakes, Stamping ink

17 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful guilded AI panel you created Aimeslee! You achieved such lovely thin lines of the guilding flakes with your glue application. Great texture added by embossing the panels too! thanks for sharing with us at GO7! Julia xx

Heather said...

Wow! This is so fun - I LOVE the background you created - and those gilding flakes add so much! Such a bright, playful card! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Loll said...

Those backgrounds are gorgeous Aimslee! The alcohol ink colours are amazing together and the gilding flakes add a special touch with lots of glittery shine. Adding in the dry embossing was such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Group of Seven! xx

nancy littrell said...

Two Gorgeous Alcohol Ink with Gilding Flakes backgrounds, Aimeslee for your Stunning cards:-) So pleased you joined us at the Group of Seven technique:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card. Love the colours you have used! Have a great day, hugs!

Alyson Mayo said...

Your background is stunning! I have some gilding flakes but haven’t used them recently… you inspired me to get them out again :)

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure Embossing Folder Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, that background is amazing, love the card design too.
Faith x

Card Creator said...

What a fun card! If you are like me, you cannot create just one ;-) So beautiful and I love that gold you added. Thank you so much for joining us at 613 Avenue.

~Tamara

My name is Erika. said...

The gold give your card quite the lift. My gilding paper is tucked away someplace. But it is always fun to use it and then create such spectacular results. And the blue and green are my favorite colors. Super card Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Lisa said...

This is a really great use of this sketch. I love the background color and how the pink just pops against this too. Very eye catching.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colour combo with the your AI's and the gilding flakes are so pretty. Thanks for trying the technique with us at GOS crafters xx

Rachel said...

That alcohol ink background is SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!

Hali said...

Amaizing background. Thanks for joining Vesela hiška.

Billie A said...

Beautiful background and love the gold. Great card and so glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments

crafty said...

Gorgeous background. Thank you for joining in the aud Sentiments challenge.
Mary

Majda said...

Your background is stunning! Great card :)
Thanks for playing at Vesela hiška.
Majda DT