Friday, December 8, 2023

Mixed Media Holidays

 Happy Friday to all.
Another week just whizzed by.

My 4x6 art this week has berries and winter greenery. It's a mixed media piece combining stenciling and collage on a gesso'd and painted background. I used Tim Holtz's Festive Layering Stencil and his Festive Greenery Sizzlit Strip die. I also used Distress inks, colored pencils, Posca paint markers, Pitt Artist Big Brush pens, gel pens, Crystal Glaze. I also fussy-cut some of the greenery and the sentiment from Christmas A.T.C. Collection art papers.

This is what I began with, in my backgrounds envelope. This was a piece of Grafix packaging that I'd gesso'd, painted with a few shades of yellow acrylic paint and then some alcohol inks drips. Can't remember why...I figured I was just playing to see how dripping worked and looked. At any rate, those white spots made me think of plant pots, so I drew a couple in the white spaces.

Close-up angle shot just because I liked it.
😎

One last look.
This wil be displayed with my favorite Christmas cards and other decorations.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Column N: Gemstones / Free / Stenciling
Column G: Red / Die Cuts / Free

Media Used: Paper, Gesso, Alcohol ink, Acrylic Paint, Distress ink, India ink, Crystal Glaze, Gel pens, Rhinestones, Colored pencil
On my first entry, my answer was our children. For this entry, my answer is my mother-in-law. She's 94 and loves receiving anything I make her, so I always try to make her something extra special. 
Took inspiration from the colors, Christmas, winter and the tree (greenery)

17 comments:

Diane said...

This is so cheerful and pretty, love this!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Peace On Earth!
Diane SF and POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - so many techniques on this piece! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Aimeslee this is fabulous, your bright background is perfect for those reds and greens! A truly wonderful card, hugs, Chrisx

Rika said...

so pretty.

Lisa said...

I really love the bright and happy on this piece.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love the bright colours and really festive feel of this wonderful piece. Super work Aimes.
Faith x

Lynette (NZ) said...

Lovely dimensional pieces. Your gorgeous Christmas card and the journal page in the previous post spur me to make cards again this year. I only have a week left at work so I may get some time. Merry Merry

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful.

Donna Walls said...

So cheerful and festive! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we appreciate your support this year.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

My name is Erika. said...

This piece is so festive. I like the bright background and the holiday flora you added to it. They really pop. And I think it was smart to break up the frame and add the holly on the bottom left. This should be a pretty display in your home also. hugs-Erika

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning card Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Geweldige kaart. Tof dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dragonfly dreams.
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Pia S said...

Great artsy look, yet it has a traditional festive vibe. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

Brenda said...

What a lovely piece of art! I love that it is so bright and cheery. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Anita said...

I'm captivated by all of your 4x6 art, Aimeslee!! That's a beautiful transformation of an interesting background, and I just love how the result is so festive and cheerful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media!

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, what wonderful art you've made - I love all the cheery colours (just what I needed to cheer up a dull day here)! Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Sarah - DT.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Sorry for the late acknowledgement of this bright and festive holly piece that you shared with Christmas Bingo and Ally's Angels! I hope your Christmas was blessed and that your having a wonderful New Year's Day! --Becca