Wednesday, December 6, 2023

I See The Moon

 Hello! Hope everyone is doing well.

I've been resting up and working on DT stuff, but I took a break to make this art journal page.

A few weeks ago, while looking through my paints, I noticed I had 2 very old jars of Lumiere metallic paints that were almost empty, a purple and a gold. They needed to be used up before they dried up. So, I found a blank page in one of my journals, laid down strips of masking tape to cover, strengthen and create texture, then I gesso'd the page and  painted with the purple. The gold jar had only a few paintbrush-fuls left so I off-loaded my brush onto the purple making random intersecting lines. Then I took a Prima stars stencil and some Paper Artsy sky blue Fresco chalk paint and covered the page. I also pulled out a yellow card that had been gesso'd, background-stamped and painted with different yellow paints.

And I cut this Sizzix Bigz crescent moon from the yellow card. I had just enough card left to cut some stars using an old Verve Starry die.
I did not like the stamped lines on the moon so I poured out a bit of white gesso on palette paper and rubbed it on using my fingers with multiple coats, letting each dry to see if the lines were still there. I was dabbing towards the end until the lines eventually were covered. Then, I scribbled the moon's edges all around with Wild Honey Distress Crayon and again using my finger very barely dipped in gesso, I rubbed the yellow in around the edge. 

I found the sheet music online and printed it out, trimmed it down with deco scissors and ink-blended Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink over the music and added some Rusty Hinges to the edges.
I cut 2 hearts from purple glitter paper using an MFT die and arranged them on the sheet music to finish.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Dies Used: Moon, Stars, Hearts
Media Used: Paper, Gesso, Acrylic and metallic acrylic paints, Distress Crayons, Distress inks
Media Used: Paper, Gesso, Acrylic and metallic acrylic paints, Distress Crayons, Distress inks
Used a large Prima Stars stencil

18 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Cool moon page Aimeslee. I love that TH die (In fact you'll see it soon on my blog). I like that purple background you made, and how you added that music. I like how you found that music online too.Thanks for joining Wendy's challenge at AJJ. This piece is perfect for it. Have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your mixed media journal page with your country sky stars and moon for FarmQuest's light theme and then over at Heart's Quest music with heart or love theme too! I always love reading how you progress from start to finish with your masterpieces! Thanks for sharing! (also for Ally's Angels anything goes!) --Becca

WendyK said...

Lovely page for my theme on Art Journal Journey, and a great way to use bits up. Thank you for sharing it with us on AJJ.

Anita said...

Love that you transformed the moon's texture, Aimeslee! It's also wonderful that you finished your paints--that must feel pretty satisfying. I too have been trying to use up my blue acrylic paint since it's drying out, but it somehow feels like it's lasting forever--maybe a blue-themed journal will do the trick. :-)

Diane said...

A great way to use those paints, a fabulous journal page!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

ScrappyHorses said...

What a beautiful page with such a lovely sentiment! The music is just perfect for our challenge at Path of Positivity! Thanks for sharing! ~Katrina

ScrappyHorses said...

What a creative and beautiful way to use all these celestial dies! Lovely color and that background is amazing! Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

My name is Erika. said...

I just wanted to respond to your comment and say I am also thrilled for Brenda Lee. That's a long time to wait, but she deserves it. I also heard she was 13 when she recorded it. You never know what can happen, can you?

craftytrog said...

That's a beautiful rich background Aimeslee, and I love the moon! xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh Aimeslee, this is so pretty. I love that purple paint for your background. I really need to get my art journal going.

sirkkis said...

Beautiful cards and pages.
Happy December 🌟✨

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is so wonderful page!!!
Have a nice 2nd Advent
hug Elke

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous moon page. That purple paired with the moon glow works so well.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a clever and imaginative lady you are, these pages are gorgeous. Sorry I’ve not visited in a while, life has been very hectic, I hope to visit more often now?
Faith x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Aimeslee, this is a wonderful page, I love the colours and that music sheet finishes this page perfectly! Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Wendy's theme, hugs, Chrisx

NanaConnie said...

Moonlight in the sky ... what a great idea for a 'country' light source, Aimeslee! Marvelous card. :-D Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at FarmQuest this time and we hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Rachel said...

This is pretty! Love the mixed media and the color combinations! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Rachel DT

Andree said...

A wonderful art journal page and a great idea to use the masking tape for texture and strength. Fabulous eye-catching colours and starry sky details.
Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Merry Christmas and good luck x