Friday, December 29, 2023

Holiday 'Tween 4X6 Art and Card

 Hello! Hope all is well with you.
The theme this week at Sunday Postcard Art is Anything Goes with a Christmas Twist. A cousin I hadn't heard from in years sent us a Christmas card we received on Christmas Eve and I needed a card to send her. Since Christmas has already passed, I decided to make the 4X6 as the focal for a New Year card but with strong Christmas vibes, since it's Holiday 'Tween Week (the week between Christmas and New Years).
So, it's both, like a Holiday Twofer.
 I prepared the 4x6 white card stock base by scribbling on and rubbing in Antique Brass Distress Crayon all around the edge. Then I fussy cut and addhered the MAMBI diamond patterned paper. Next, I scribbled and rubbed in some Aged Mohogany Distress Crayon. I found in my bits and bobs box a Spellbinders Lotus Pendant die cut out of shiny gold paper. I cut it in half and adhered to top left and bottom right. I added a scarp strip of gold star paper in the center. Then I chose 3 Gecko Galz collage sheet images, cut them, ink-distressed them and added them to the collage. I also found 4 Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die cuts out of white card, which I brushed with silver Wink of Stella and added, topping each center with a punched red heart..

I am
LINKING UP 4X6 ART TO:

Then I put my 4X6 collage on an A9 (halfsheet) card for my cousin:
Used some ColorMates green card stock on front and back of the white Recollections card base. Notched each corner of the green base mat with a Marvy corner punch. The gold satin ribbon was saved from a recently received present. The gold diamond shapes were out-cuts from the Lotus Pendant die cut. I stamped the very old Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment in the bottom right corner with Versamark, then heat-embossed it with white powder. Last touch was to take my white gel pen and freehand a border around the green layer's edge. And done!

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, stretching to A9 size in PSE.

 
Inside and back of card.

Angled shot to try to get the shine. And also to show the texture created from the collaged layers.

A better shot of the layers and I think you can see some of the shimmer and shine off the poinsettias and ribbon.
I was really pleased with how the Distress Crayons edging turned out.

Last look.
I love collage play.
Thanks for visiting and have a great last Friday of 2023!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS FOR CARD:
Media Used:
Paper, Distress Crayons, Distress ink, Stamping ink, Embossing powder,
Gel Pen, Alcohol ink marker, Ribbon
GG Collage Sheet used: Ring in the New Year

22 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the bright and fun images you have used for this New Year card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

My name is Erika. said...

I love those images you used on your card Aimeslee. They are holiday festive, but definitely New Years. And good for you to have some art time. I finally get a day to myself this week, but I am going to clean up my art space rather than make art since I have a new storage piece I need to put in the room. Santa was good this year. :) Have a super end of this tween week. hugs-Erika

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Wow! What a merge! A mash-up! Strong vintage vibes from childhood days! :) Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest #45!!! We appreciate your support this year and hope you will continue to participate in 2024! Happy New Year! --Becca

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Lisa said...

Great use of that sketch! Love the papers and the incredible imagery.

Jane Savage said...

Great colours on this fabulous card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Now that is a clever mix, what wonderful images and design Aimes. Your cousin will love it and hearing from you too.
Faith x

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a pretty and festive card! Hugs, Valerie

Arlene said...

I love your card, so cheerful and the sentiment is just perfect too. So glad you joined our Flower challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Alyson Mayo said...

So colourful and detailed - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

Fiona said...

Love the bright retro feel to those images you've used here Aimslee. Great idea to recycle the ribbon too. Thanks for sharing with us again at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun collages, Aimeslee - perfect for 'tween the holidays! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! I love your mixed media design with the bright colours and festive images 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful!

Card Creator said...

What a great way to ring in the New Year! Thank you so much for joining us at 613 Avenue
~Tamara

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun card! Love all those vintage images!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Happy New Year!!
Ellibelle's Corner

Lynda said...

What a lot of texture - so many layers and additions. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mummylade said...

Love the vintage images. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Ilonka said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog.
Ilonka DT