Monday, November 20, 2023

Wintery Birthday Blues

 Hi there. Happy Monday to all.

So, I wanted to make this card LOOK Wintery, like looking out through a beautifully-paned window at snow flurries. Of course, I had to use what I have. Plus I wanted to do the current technique of Stenciling Over Heat Embossing and share it at Group of Seven Cardmakers, This is a card for someone who has a birthday close to Christmas, so I wanted the card to fit in nicely with Christmas decor for displaying, but still be a Birthday card. This is what I came up with!

The 6x6 card has a white card stock base, a layer of turquoise blue glitter card and then a top white card stock layer that I did the technique on.

 
I first stamped my white card stock with the Impression Obsession Swirls Cover A Card stamp in Versamark and heat-embossed with white powder. Then, I used the TCW Flower Quarter stencil over that. I used Distress Ink colors Salty Ocean and a bit of Peacock Feathers.

Here's a close-up of the effect of this technique. I LOVE IT!!!!
And not hard to do at all!
I cut the CAS-ual Friday sentiment die with more of the glitter card and then found some glitter dots in my stash in the same blue hue to finish off the card.

Here you can see the variation of stenciled color created by the 2 Distress Inks.

The inside was composed and framed by me in PSE and printed out on blue card.

And on the back of the card, I used a piece of Avery Elle linen-like patterned paper and stenciled the Funky Fossil Folk Floral Panel with the Salty Ocean DI in the center. I also cut the MFT photo corner dies out of some blue stash scrap card and stamped the MFT siggie on the blue card, heat-embossing it with white powder. I added one of the glitter dots to the center of the stenciling.

Here's the back shown with the front, but the colors here are off a bit because of shadow. The paper is white with blue linen lines and lighter blues in real life like the photo above this one.

I can almost feel the Wintery chill looking at this and am so pleased with how it turned out.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I've added 4 glitter dots and have 4 stenciled "window panes"
My Stencil has leaves in it
Inspired by the colors and glitter
Media Used: Paper, Ebossing ink, Embossing powder, Distress Inks, Glitter card and dots
Winter-themed Birthday card
Winter-themed Birthday card

24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous card - my fave colours, and then glitter and a lovely design, you don't need more!Have a great week, hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of stenciling - Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil and AAA Birthday

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee and great result with the different techniques used.Thank you for joining us at---Pearly Sparkles
Dragonfly Dreams
Birthstone Challenges
Carol DT x

Beccy said...

Wow, that's a beautiful card Aimeslee, I love the texture from the heat embossing. The sparkly sentiment is a nice touch too. You've done an amazing job decorating the front, back, and inside of your card! Thanks for sharing the embossing and stencilling technique with us.
Cheers,
Beccy

Loll said...

STUNNING card Aimeslee! I love the mix of heat embossed swirls with your beautiful stenciling over top. It does look like a winter's day with snow swirling in the sky outside through the beautiful window. Your friend is going to LOVE their birthday card!! Thanks so much for sharing your beauty with us at Group of Seven. xx

Diane said...

Oh wow, a beautifully created card and perfect for a wintery birthday, my son has one on Dec 18th, poor kid always thought he got gypped LOL!!
hank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cool - love the colours and the technique creates such a pretty background! Thanks for sharing with us at both HLS Birthday and Dragonfly Dreams :)

My name is Erika. said...

The front of this card feels like a beautiful snowy day to me. (Maybe because it snowed last night, but it's not beautiful. It's rainy and dark.) And the back looks like a lovely quilt. I will say I love the glitter on the front. Happy turkey day to you and your family Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see why you love the effect Aimes, it's a stunning result and with everything put together a gorgeous card. It definitely has a Wintery chill, but not cold! If you know what I mean? Love it.
Faith x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card design Aimeslee, I love the winter blues, thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Jackie C said...

Such a great project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge so
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Anita said...

This is an amazingly cool technique, Aimeslee, and the result is so very beautiful!! And this is one of those cards where the back can double as a CAS front! :-) Love it so much.

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card! and thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky hugs x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is fabulous card and the blue really shines. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge

Fiona said...

I think you've done exactly that - it looks like we are looking out of the window at the snow. Very clever card and nice that it's a birthday card too - thanks for playing along with us again at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Lisa said...

Gorgeous wintery birthday card. I love the blue and white.

Cazro said...

Wow! That's a different technique, it looks amazing. Loving the winter blues.
Thank for your support, and your lovely card for our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

BożenA said...

Beautiful card. Amazing background!
A truly fascinating composition and impeccable execution. Thank you for joining our gallery at HLS Birthday.
BożenA DT HLS Birthday

Billie A said...

Very pretty love the background and colors. thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen said...

Really beautiful and a great take on our challenge.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Jane.D said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creations, so creative with this gorgeous stencil and loving the color combo!
Thank you so much for playing along with us again at I spy with my little eye!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Pauline C said...

Stunning combination of stamping and stencilling in an amazing colour scheme. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge theme "Sparkle and Shine"
Pauline xx