Saturday, November 18, 2023

A Little Birdie Steampunk Birthday

 Happy Saturday!
Hope everyone has a good weekend planned.

A special friend has a birthday today and this is the mixed media card I sent her. 
She likes Steampunk, so I used Spellbinders Noble Rook embossing folder for the card front. 
I used 2 shades of SU blue card stock (a turquoise for the A7 card base and a deep blue for the embossed front). 
To color the embossed panel, I rubbed several shades of blue and gold Gelatos directly on the raised embossing. I took a gold Posca Paint Pen and accented some of the panel's dots and lines, making sure to give the bird gold branches to sit on. I also edged the panel with the gold Posca.
Then I used a scrap of a lighter blue SU to emboss just the bird, which I rubbed with darker blue Gelatos. I fussy cut the bird and edged with the gold Posca, then I adhered it over the panel's bird. Then I carefully highlighted the bird's crown with the Posca.
I stamped my sentiment using a Crafters Companion Moonbeam Meadow stamp and Versamark. Then I heat-embossed it using Ranger Turquoise embossing powder and made little dots around it with the gold Posca.
When the panel was finished, I sprayed it with a few coats of hair spray to set it and prevent smearing/rub off. Worked great! Then, I finally adhered the panel to the card base.

Inside, a HOTP sentiment stamped with Blue Belle Versafine Clair ink on the turquoise card.

And final view at an angle.
This is my first time using Gelatos on an embossing folder and I enjoyed it so much that it won't be the last time!
I very much like how this turned out (so did she) and I wish my friend a Happy Birthday today!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Gelatos, Stamping ink, Posca paint pen, Embossing powder and ink
Positive Birthday Greetings
Dry and Wet Embossed Texture
I used the blues and metallics in the photo.
P for Posca Paint Pen

22 comments:

Lia said...

That is a bird out of a fairytale! It looks very nice and festive.
Lia DT CYHTP

Flo said...

Was für eine wunderschöne Karte zeigst Du uns Nachteulen! Danke dafür. Mir gefällt ganz besonders gut, dass Du nur eine Farbe - blau - benutzt hast. Nun wünsche ich Dir viel Glück für die Auslosung.
Liebe Grüße, Flo

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, love the colours! Happy weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

Beautiful shades of blue, super image and fabulous texture. Thank you for sharing at Fab'n' Funky, it's a perfect fit for our 'Blue Hues' Challenge.
Chris
x

Lisa said...

Love the wonderful mixed media background for this terrific bird.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a lovely look on this card! The gold is so striking against this royal blue color! Perfect sentiment, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Diane said...

That's a gorgeous card, I imagine she loved it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane TB and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Alyson Mayo said...

Very unique - love that background! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Beccy said...

Ooooh, what a beautiful shade of blue! I love the rich background Aimeslee, and it works so well with the gold highlights. Beautiful embossing folder too. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive this beauty.
Cheers,
Beccy

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful and adorarble! I'm thrilled to bits.
Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

pinky said...

Wow that is a real beauty Aimeslee! I'll bet your friend will be framing that for sure! It's a work of art!!! Thanks for the heads up about the challenge but I was afraid to enter it in case the four items weren't obvious enough :(

Darlene said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the way you've made the embossed design stand out. It's lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! WOW! Aimes, what a wonderful card, love the embossing and the bird and the gold, a clever card and beautiful too.
Faith x

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great embossing folder. I love the details it has. And that rook with the crown is cool. I hope your friend loves it. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Anita said...

I really love this card, Aimeslee! The combination of blue and gold is brilliant, and there are so many details that emerge from just these two colors. It's no surprise that your friend loved it!! Hope you enjoy playing with Gelatos again sometime. :-)

And by the way, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Artiste too!

Anita said...

I love this card so much, Aimeslee! The blue and gold work beautifully together, and there are so many details that emerge just from these two colors. It's no surprise that your friend loved the card as well!! Hope you enjoy playing with Gelatos again. :-)

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Creative Artiste too!!

anne said...

A beautiful bright card Aimes, love the blue tones. Thanmk you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CCC-DT

sidan said...

Etwas ganz besonderes. Wirkt edel und super Farben.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

Cazro said...

A stunning card, I'm loving the strong blue background and the colouring of the bird. A super interpretation of our challenge. Best wishes. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.

Carole J said...

Wow, Amy - this is a fabulous textural project. Such a super embossing folder and I love the effect of rubbing the Gelatos over the raised areas. The blues and gold are devine!
Sorry to be so late in commenting, but thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity November challenge. x