Friday, November 17, 2023

To The Moon, Alice!

 Hey, there. Hope all is good.

Here is my 4X6 art for the week, for the themes of Man in the Moon and Nature. I wanted to use the Inkadinkado Atta Girl stamp and use sentiments referring to The Honeymooners' Ralph Kramden's famous rant to his wife, but with the feminist twist of meaning that ok, she went to the Moon, but she went like a Boss. The stamp is a clear stamp so I was able to stamp it over an Altenew moon stamp that had almost exactly the same diameter. So it fit rather nicely. I heat-embossed the top stamp with Ranger Princess Gold powder, then outlined the words with a black gel pen so it was easier to read.

The background was stamped using a Hero Arts stamp and Medieval Blue Versafine Clair ink. I fussycut the Atta Girl image to adhere to the bottom and then created the large sentiment with Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout Studio B Ransom letters digital clipart from her Papier Dreams Theatre collection, which was already printed out and in my clipart binder, so all I had to do was cut the letters out and arrange/adhere. (Ransom letters are so fun!)
I trimmed the finished panel down 1/4" and mounted on a 4x6 card stock to complete the piece.

Final view.
I like my different spin on the Man in the Moon theme, and my scene is in outer space, which is a component of Nature. 
I also like my smart-ass answer to Ralph Kramden.
😁😎😁
Thanks for the visit and have a great Friday.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Alice lights up the Moon in Space with rose gold embossing powder
Wet Embossing Texture
Positive Girl Power!
WDW Past, Present and Future

19 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow! I really love this. From the background to the Atta Girl. Just a wonderful piece. Have a lovely weekend.

meg said...

A brilliant interpretation of our challenge at MMM,thank you for joining in

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful! Loving the night sky and moon 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Happy wishes ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Debbie Mageed said...

So cute and creative, Aimeslee! Love your take on our light challenge. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Valerie-Jael said...

Another FABULOUS card! Happy weekend!

Lisa said...

Super twist to the The Honeymooners making it work for a girl. Really cute card.

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun card beautifully designed! Thank you so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye!

ScrappyHorses said...

Ooh, what a fun shiny way to add texture! Wonderful font for the sentiment; so bold and retro! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wonderful colours and what a great idea to feature the moon for Jo's 'Nature' theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a really fun page. I might notice "weird thing" when I look, but you got a great thick layer of blue ink on your background. I like how everything works together colorwise, and you are right, that atta girl fits well. Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Jo's nature theme. The moon is a fun idea for that theme. I hope you are having a nice weekend too. hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card, love it's colourful, with the starry sky.
Faith x

Pat K said...

Wonderful background and sentiment. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Debbie said...

Fun card!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Neet said...

Your design would make a good cover for a book or a poster. I love the clear bold colour of the blue background and thje lettering is superb. Just the right amount of illustration with your "atta Girl".
Hugs, Neet xx

Laurie said...

So fun! The love starry background and the Jackie Gleason reference in your sentiment. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Pauline C said...

Very fun and funky card - great twist on the Man in the Moon. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge theme "Sparkle and Shine"
Pauline xx

Helen said...

What a fun design Aimeslee! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge. Happy New Year!! :)