Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Birthday Howdy Guy Card

 Hello, hope everyone is having a good week.

I resized, framed and printed this Pattie's Creations Cowboy's Dream digi on Crafter's Companion white card stock, then colored the scene with my Castle Arts colored pencils. I also added the sentiment in PSE. I added some background color by stippling some Dried Marigold and Wild Honey Distress Inks. The A2 side-opening card base was cut from burnt orange SU card stock.

Fro the inside of the card, I created and framed this sentiment in PSE to print out, then I outlined it roughly with a black Promarker before adhering to the base.

A shot of the back of the card with the front. Used a scrap of Junkitz pp and a stamped and punched siggie.

I cut a Paper Roses barbed wire die from a small Junkitz pp scrap and trimmed it down as I only wanted the corner of the card covered because the die is way too big for the card's open space. But then the left side looked nekked to me so I stamped The Paper Studio's western star (which has been used plenty through the years as a branding symbol) with Versafine Clair Pinecone ink.

Before adhering my card front to the base, I colored the frame edge all around with a silvery-black glitter marker. Guys can handle a little glitter in the right color, right?

Last look.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Colored Pencils, Glitter marker, Stamping ink, Distress Ink
I used the yellows, oranges, browns of the inspiration photo
Frontierland at WDW

17 comments:

Pamela said...

You've balanced everything really well. I like all the images you've brought together.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Becca S said...

I love the whole card! Great choices! Reminds me of the old days visiting Opryland and Silver Dollar City at Branson! My husband and I have been to two concerts at the new Opry location as well as walking around downtown Nashville near the honky-tonks! :) Your card cover just reminds me of lots of that signage! Wonderful! Thanks for linking to FQGS! --Becca

Seafield Jo said...

A great card with such attention to detail. I love your choice of images and fab sentiments.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

A great card Aimeslee but I am still puzzling over 'nekked'. I decided to look it up and ended up on a site explaining different pronunciations of English English and American English words. I got side tracked but it was fun.
By the way I have posted my Christmas card to you. A mite early but with the postal services the way they are at the moment I decided to go ahead.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jocelyn said...

A great card. I always struggle with cards for the 'boys'. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

Love the western card. What is it about the west that has caught so many people's imagination? I like the open spaces and how you can see so far, which is not New England. Have a super Turkey day As I said last comment. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super and perfect Masculine card, love the images and text. Just fabulous.
Faith x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Caroline Cards said...

A great card and I love the cowboy digi and text. Thank you for joining the Kleuren met Potloden challenge!
Caroline - DT

Lisa said...

Fantastic masculine birthday card.

Margarets designer cards said...

I love this card, country and western I love it and my husband would have love it too as a country and western fan
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Darlene said...

What a fun card for all those 'western' lovers! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Donna Walls said...

Awesome image, you don't see lots of western type images and this one make a fab masculine card. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Francesca said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

Ina G said...

Super country card Aimeslee. Fabulous male card. Thanks for adding to our Gallery at Creative Artiste this month.

Chana Malkah said...

Great card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Helen said...

Great design - love how you've interpreted our inspiration photo.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x
DT