Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Celebrate Big!

Hello, hope your day's going well!

I have a feminine birthday card to share. The A7 card base is white card stock, a Polkadoodles digi I colored with my Castle Arts colored pencils, a Dusty Attic stenciled and stippled background and a Stamplorations sentiment die cut.

 
The Polkadoodles digi is a few years old and no longer on their website, so I'm showing the watermarked copy of what I bought to prove it really is from them. I'm also showing the Dusty Attic Falling Stars stencil I used. I've had it for several years and finally used it but I don't like it at all so I trashed it afterwards. A lot of the stars are just too small and I don't like how some of them are way too close together. Live and Learn! I have other star stencils, so no big loss.

The card front background was stippled with Spun Sugar Distress Ink, then the stars were stenciled  using Wilted Violet and Picked Rasperries Distress Inks, which I also stippled around the edges. Before adhering it to the card base, I colored a frame around the card front using a purple glitter marker. I cut the sentiment out of a piece of light purple glitter card and also out of white card and layered them on after stenciling. I added 3 die cut stars I cut out of a darker purple glitter card scrap. I used the pink and purple glitter markers to make little random dots.

On the inside of the card I used Memento Grape Jelly ink to stamp the Hero Arts sentiments.

The card back shown with the front. I used a scrap of KI Memories purple card on the back along with a stamped and punched siggie. This is my favorite shade of purple. 

And one last look.
Even though I didn't like how the stencil transferred ink in places, the big sentiment hid the worst spots and it was still good enough to use. The more I look at it, the more I like it. It looks like confetti, and confetti is messy!
😍
Thanks for the visit and have a great day.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Distress Inks, Colored Pencils, Glitter Markers
Media Used: Paper, Distress Inks, Colored Pencils, Glitter Markers
WDW Cake Bake Shop Disney's Boardwalk @ Epcot

20 comments:

Beccy said...

I love it Aimeslee! I agree that the stars look like confetti... that's the first thing I thought when I saw your card. It really does look like a big celebration is happening. The colours are fantastic and the big sentiment is awesome. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Carol said...

Such a lot of thought and work went into your card Aimeslee but so worth the end result.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jocelyn said...

Another fabulous creation. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. The stars look nice, too! I need an afternoon sleep so I'm heading to my bed soon! Hugs, Valerie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another Super card, definitely a celebration card, such pretty pinks and purples, and the glitter. Love it.
Faith x

Seafield Jo said...

This is fabulous. I absolutely love the background you've created. A great card.
Thanks for joining us again.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Anita said...

This is gorgeous, Aimeslee, and so perfectly depicts a big celebration with a whole lot of dessert!! I like how the stars look like confetti too, and as always, your strategic use of glitter. :-)

Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Creative Artiste!

Alyson Mayo said...

Big cakes for a big celebration! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Pamela said...

I love it!!! It's so very pretty.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Lisa said...

Super image and terrific birthday card.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely design and great card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

Now that's a fun birthday spread! I love all the stars in the background too. It makes me think of confetti. As I've said in my other catch up comments, have a super rest of your weekend hugs. hugs- Erika

Jane said...

Fab combo of stamp and stencil, super fun card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Lynda said...

OMG - what a fun and vibrant card. As you say - confetti does get everywhere - and the explosion on your looks fabulous actually.... Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers 'anything goes birthday' challenge. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

foleysfriend said...

I love how festive the card seems. The stars do feel like confetti, adding to the festive theme. Love how you inked the edges of the main panel. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Sari / Granne said...

What a delicious card, looks like awesome party coming up. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 117 Challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun background to your party tables! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Chana Malkah said...

Great background, such a fun card! Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Ellibelle said...

Such a perfect image for a birthday card and love how it turned out. A wonderful verse on the inside too and as always so nicely finished on the back!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Angélique said...

That's a nice birthday party!only the music is missing, the cake is already served.
Nice to see you again at Kleuren met Potloden.