Monday, November 27, 2023

Jingle All The Way

 Happy Cyber Monday and new week, everyone.
It's officially the Christmas season now, our decorations are up and my cards that I've worked on all year are all over the dining room table in various stages of addressing to mail.

 And as suspected, I need a few more, so here's one for a guy on our list.
I resized in PSE a pre-colored Beccy's Place digi from her Dasher and Dancer set. I also added one of the sentiments from the set before printing out on glossy photo paper. I stippled Speckled Egg Distress Ink on the image background and grounded the reindeer with some Diamond Dust loose glitter that I adhered 'old skool' by brushing the paper with Art Institute glue and spooning the glitter on it, then burnishing it in with the spoon (and I managed to not get glitter everywhere). I think it makes a nice little winter scene. He's either dashing or dancing through the snow, lol.
😁😁😁
I used Spellbinder dies to cut the image out and frame it in red. I added an Impression Obsession jingle bell die cut from gold mirror card and some very old red felt lace from stash. Since it's a guy card, I tried to stay festive but not frilly.
The green card is SU, the green patterned paper is Daisy D and the red paper is Wausau.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.

A close-up showing the white Diamond Dust loose glitter "snow".

 
Inside of card with a Hero Arts stamped sentiment and back of card with more of the papers used on the front and a stamped and punch siggie.

And final view.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Used Spellbinders and Impression Obsession dies
Column I: Green / Gold / Free
Jingle Bells-Jingle Bells-Jingle All the Way
I've always liked Santa's Reindeer. 
I played Rudolf in a school play one year as a child, and got to wear a red nose, so that's a fun memory
Jingle All the Way is an upbeat phrase from a positive and cheerful song.
The glitter ground "snow" on the image provides texture, as does the red felt lace.

34 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is wonderfully bright Aimeslee, and so festive! Great mix of cardstock, the red and green are perfect for Christmas. Love the little gold bell too.
Cheers,
Beccy

My name is Erika. said...

Today I want to do nothing to get back on track after the holiday weekend. Most of the Christmas decorations are up, but cards, nope, not addressed yet. I love your Mr. Jingle. He is one handsome reindeer. It's nice all your cards are made for the season too. I think cards will be this week's projects, after today that is. I'm in the middle of a good book and that's my plan. Smile. Happy cyber Monday to you, and I hope you have a great start to the week. hugs-Erika

Chris said...

A beautiful design in bright and cheerful festive colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Donna Walls said...

Fun and Festive card Aimeslee! I like the sweet image and the sketch is great.
Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely and sparkly card, bright and cheerful, and great for a man. Have a good week, hope you are well, hugs, Valerie

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC and love the added touch of sparkle! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Ginny said...

Absolutely adorable. Thank you for joining us at A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge! All the best.
-- DT Gina Ang --
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge #11-2023

Michelle N. said...

Wonderful masculine Christmas card-so bright & festive! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Rain said...

Oh he's very cute! ♥

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun and festive holiday card! Loving the textured snow and all the bright Christmas colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Great colourful card,love the cute reindeer and sparkly snow.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

My name is Erika. said...

i missed saying thanks for joining us at TIOT. So thank you.

Becca S said...

Your card is fabulous! Dashing! Delightful! I appreciated the closeup photo for the snow glitter dust! Great textural and visual element! Thanks first of all for linking to FarmQuest Country Christmas! --Becca (also thanks for these others I'm a part of= MTTC's got to be Christmas theme and Christmas Bingo!!)

Seafield Jo said...

What a great card, I'm sure he'll love it. All the 'additions' really enhance the image...and well done for not getting glitter everywhere, I'd be finding it for weeks!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Lia said...

What a lovely card! The reindeer looks so happy to bring the gifts!
Lia DT POE

Jinny said...

What a bright and festive card. The reindeer is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Pamela said...

A really cute little reindeer and I;m glad you did a close up of the 'snow'. It doesn't show up in the main photo.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Zw@@n said...

Love this card! I like the bright colours and that image is very cute. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Conny said...

Wonderful card! Love the colours and the cute image!
Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!

Hugs,
Conny

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful and super cute! I'm thrilled to bits.
Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Helen said...

Very cute image beautifully framed.

Thanks for sharing it at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
Guest Chick

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Alyson Mayo said...

Super cute image - love the red flourish border along the side. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Arlene said...

Such an adorable card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November challenge.

Jocelyn said...

A cute little Christmas card. I love all the sparkle. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Marlena M. said...

I was hoping you'd share a glimpse of the sparkle, and you didn't disappoint! I'm impressed you used loose glitter and managed a crisp line, that's not an easy task. Thank you for sharing with us at INKspirational~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful, bright and fun card Aimeslee, as for decorations, we are always mid December before putting our up. Thanks for your recent comments, much appreciated. I hope all is well with Arfur and he's keeping his distance. Take Care.
Faith x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Carol said...

A super card Aimeslee - as always. Thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Lisa said...

Super cute image and great use of that sketch too.

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let’s Craft and Create :)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely christmas image and fun reindeer,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Ellibelle said...

This is so fun and what a great sketch!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Carole J said...

A lovely, festive card, Amy. I like how you made the pre-coloured image your own by adding the glitter and ink. Thank you for joining the Path of Positivity November challenge. x