Friday, November 24, 2023

Knight in Shining Armour

 Hey there, hope all are looking forward to a nice weekend.

I have my 4X6 Art to share today. The theme this week at Sunday Postcard Art is Knights, so I decided to make this for my Valentines art corner decor.
The red base is a card stock scrap. The top layer is watercolor paper and I used deco scissors to cut a border. I stamped the Knight and curtsy-ing Lady with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I colored everything with my watercolor pencils and a wet brush. I added a few accents to them with metallic and glitter gel pens. After the yellow background dried, I stamped the KI Memories heart outline with Versafine Red Satin ink and then the Artistic Outpost sentiment with the VF Clair. I added some glitter accent to the heart and then traced around inside the edge of the paper with a red glitter gel pen. Then I adhered the watercolor paper to the base to finish.

Last look.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
The Knight and Lady stamps were heat-embossed
Valentine's Day decor art (Winter)
Knight's Kingdom Legoland Windsor, UK
Media Used: Paper, Stamping ink, Embossing ink, Embossing powder, Watercolor Pencils, Water, Glitter & Metallic gel pens

12 comments:

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous postcard art Aimeslee.
Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice card, good to see something different! Hugs, Valerie

Lisa said...

Great image. This would make for a wonderful card for any guy.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So romantic, love those added sparkles. Thanks for sharing another work of art with us @ Creative Artiste. Happy crafting Tracey (DT)

My name is Erika. said...

Those are fun images Aimeslee. You have a nice collection. I haven't seen these before, but I like the knight. It's fun to put images together, isn't it? Just to see what you end up with, but of course, you want them to work together. I hope you're having a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

This is a cool set of images and idea for a 4x6 trading card. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous panel. I love that you used deco scissors for the border - I have several pairs somewhere. The tracing around the border was a great idea and I'm sure the glitter pen adds some nice sparkle and shine. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love all the details. I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT KCC

Helen said...

A great image beautifully coloured.

Thanks for sharing it at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
Guest Chick

Pia S said...

I don’t think I’d manage to make a card with theme of knights, i don’t believe I have any hidden in my stash. But you solved this elegantly and it does make a great card for Valentine’s. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!

Josje said...

You have made a beautiful special card, thanks for joining us at kleuren met potloden ✏️
Groetjes Josje

Nelleke said...

Mooie kaart heb je gemaakt. Fijn dat je meekleurde voor Kleuren met potloden.
Groetjes, Nelleke