Friday, November 10, 2023

HNY Fireworks 4x6 Art

 Happy Friday, everyone.
It's a rainy chilly day here and my Arthurs are not liking it.
Hope your weather is better where you are.

My 4x6 art for the week uses my favorite color purple.
I first ink-blended the base card with DI Shaded Lilac so I could see where I was stamping the fireworks as my eyes are getting too old to stamp on white card with Versamark without guessing, lol. That helped and I was able to stamp them and then heat emboss them with white powder. I then ink-blended the card base with DI Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet and lastly, Villainous Potion. After that dried, I wet an old toothbrush and splattered the base with water droplets to make the sky lighten up and reveal the Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserve ink layers underneath.

Then I stamped the Scruffy Little Cat "Chelsea" in Versamark Clair Nocturne and clear-heat-embossed her. I stamped some very old balloon stamps on each side of her, colored it all up with Promarkers and Sakura Stardust pen highlights/accents and fussy cut the scene. I stamped and heat-embossed the Sweet Stamp Shop sentiments, ink-blended some Shaded Lilac over them and trimmed that into a strip for the bottom. 

Final view.
Hope you can see all the sparkly accents.
I'll be adding this one to my New Year's decorations in my art corner when it's time. Indigo, pink and green complement purple well, I think. I really like how the sky looks with the water droplets, too.

Thanks for the visit and I hope your weekend is a good one.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Scruffy Little Cat stamps is a current favorite
Media Used:
Paper, Distress Inks, Water, Pigment Ink, Embossing powders, Alcohol makers, Glitter gel pens
Media Used:
Paper, Distress Inks, Water, Pigment Ink, Embossing powders, Alcohol makers, Glitter gel pens
With Fireworks...
Beccy's Place November Month of Holiday Cards
Day 10-Letter I: Ink blending/stamping, Indigo-colored shoes & dress

21 comments:

Crafty KJ said...

I just love this! Great colour scheme and the background you've created with your inks and fireworks is fab! Great sentiment too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She is certainly a party animal Aimes, great image and colours on this celebratory card. Sorry to hear Arfur is visiting, grrr. Take card, keep warm.
Faith x

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun card, great colours, too. Hope your pains don't get too bad. Hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one!!!
Much🖤love

Meggymay said...

I love how you added the fireworks to this wonderful card Aimeslee. Thank you for linking with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

Lisa said...

Really great image. Oh she would make a great sassy card too.

Makira said...

💜🤍💜 this! This is a crazy fun card; of course, I love the background color - purple, it's my favorite! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Stay dry & have a great weekend! xoxo Makira🎨🎢⭐

My name is Erika. said...

My hives haven't been liking our damp weather this past week either. ARGH. This lady on your card looks ready to have a big night out. I love the eyeshadow she has. It's hard to believe we're not all that far from New Year's Eve, but I'm not counting down yet. Smile. Hope your arthurs feel better and you're having a nice weekend. hugs-Erika

Beccy said...

Fantastic colours Aimeslee, the purple is really popping!! The fireworks look awesome over the top of the darker colour. I like the little hints of green you scattered around too, it's nice to have that bit of contrast. Fantastic sentiment!
Cheers,
Beccy

meg said...

The fireworks are lighting up that fabulous only night sky beautifully,love your interpretation of our challenge,thank you for joining in at MMM

Anne (cornucopia) said...

She is fantastic.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Linda Mc Enery said...

Rainy and chilly sounds like my perfect day! This is wonderful. Her face is so NOT aligned with the sentiment. She's given me a good giggle. Great card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

ScrappyHorses said...

The New Year...always so full of positive possibility! Your texture adds to the fun of this piece! I'm sure this will bring a smile to your face as you add it to your decor! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful card! Love the fireworks for new years! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful art! Loving your colourful night sky and all those fireworks - stunning 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Happy wishes ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love your colors, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Andree said...

Your art work looks great. A fabulously fun image and the fireworks are wonderful against the gorgeous background. Nice technique with the water splashes.
Thank you for joining in with our November challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Rachel said...

Love how you did that purple background, and that sentiment is nice and sassy! :) Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Rachel DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this and love how you lit up that night sky. Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Gale said...

Wow! This is so awesome Aimeslee! Love how you made this. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/