Saturday, November 11, 2023

Boo Tag

 Hi guys, a chilly Saturday hello to you.

I know it's kind of late if I'm being topical, but I've got a Halloween tag to share that I made the afternoon of Halloween but forgot about until now. Our neighbor brought his grandson over to Trick or Treat. He is 2 and came dressed as Casper. I had baked some cookies and Rice Krispy treats to put in a gift bag for him, and then I saw that Tag Tuesday's new theme was Halloween, so I thought I'd make a quick gift tag for the bag using some of my Halloween bits and bobs because I knew I had an extra ghost die cut. I'm lucky I got a few pics of the tag while the cookies were baking, because things were a bit crazy that day.  

I pulled the striped tag from this Oh Baby Boy Basic Grey collection and then colored over all the stripes with my glitter markers. I layered that onto a slightly larger black textured card stock scrap and cut the top corners to match the tag.

I had the Sizzix/TH Townscape border die already cut out of the same black card stock in my bits and bobs, along with the yellow window pieces and the QuicKutz ghost die cut out of white card. I found the shiny black dimensional letter stickers for the BOO and arranged and adhered to my tag base.
And done.

Final view.
The tag and the treats were well-received. "Casper" was quick to tell us 2 or 3 times that he was a friendly ghost and not scary at all, lol. Apparently, there are some parts of Halloween that do scare him and he was being brave to Trick or Treat. Last year he wouldn't do it at all even with family.

Thanks for the visit today and enjoy your evening!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party @ WDW
Day 11 - Use Your Scraps

20 comments:

Beccy said...

Your not-so-spooky Halloween tag is fabulous Aimeslee, I really love the background paper. Great idea to add the glitter markers for a fun sparkle. I'm glad your great-nephew enjoyed the holiday this year, it can be a bit overwhelming for littlies. It probably helped to receive some delicious goodies too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Barbara Bruder said...

What an adorable halloween tag. Love the papers on the tag and I bet your great nephew loved the goodies you gave him. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous gift tag
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

pinky said...

Your little Caspar visitor must have been adorable Aimeslee as is your gorgeous spooky tag!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

Diane said...

I love tags and your fun Halloween tag is just perfect...BOO!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Chana Malkah said...

Cute tag! I love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. DT - Val
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Cute tag. I like the stripes. And those young years like 2 years old is when the kids look just adorable in their costumes. I bet he was excited with his treats, especially cookies and rice krispie bars. They are better than candy. I hope you're having a lovely weekend. hugs-Erika

Makira said...

💚💚💚 this! I actually have a tag that I haven't finished yet from this year 😁🤣 Love your little Boo! Thanks for playing at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Stay dry & warm! xoxo Makira

theras kartenblog said...

Beautiful! I like the colours so much.
Thank you for your entry at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday, endy will surely be hapy when she sees it. The new challenge begins tomorrow! Hugs, Valerie

Curly said...

This is Spooktacular, such a fabulous tag
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge,
Crafty hugs
Bridget Guest DT

WendyK said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely tag with us on Tag Tuesday, much appreciated.

Bastelmichaela said...

This is beautiful, thanks for participating in the Friendship Challenge,
Hugs Michaela

Alyson Mayo said...

The black looks fabulous against the bold striped background!

Cathie w said...

Your tag is super cute , Thanks for joining us at rafty Gals Challenge Corner

cass said...

Fund tag, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for a Child challenge.

ClaireB said...

Cute tag, great stripy background. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge this month Claire DT

Cindy C. said...

Fun project! Thanks for joining in our November challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Arlene said...

What a fun tag. I love it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.