Sunday, November 12, 2023

Dreamcatcher Birthday Card

 Hey there, hope all is well.

I'm working on finishing up my birthday card list for 2023, one thing led to another and I ended up doing a challenge mash-up on this guy card. It's got feathers, circles, dots, stripes, red, wet/heat embossng, stamping on patterned paper, a big sentiment and multiple dies were used. The card base is SU card stock and the patterned papers are all really old Junkitz.

This is a shot of my Versamark circle dot stamping and clear heat embossing on the front Junkitz patterned paper. I also stamped the feathers on the red patterned paper. I used Fontworks and Inkadinkado dot circle stamps here for the altered background. I used clear powder so as to have a more subtle effect since there was already a grungy pattern. 

Close-up of the W Plus 9 Dreamcatcher dies. I cut it using the red and the striped Junkitz plus some white and light yellow scrap card. I dotted the center with yellow gold Viva Decor pearl paint pen.

A Spellbinders Classic circle was cut out of the red paper to stamp the sentiment. I stamped a tiny W Plus 9 feather, an MFT Happy You Day and a Stamplorations Dream Big sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed with white powder. I added 3 dots using a yellow gold Viva Decor pearl paint pen. Before all that though, I stamped only the Dream Big sentiment first and heat-embossed that with Ranger Marigold powder. For the second stamping and heat embossing, I offset my stamp a tiny bit lower, so you can see the yellow marigold melted powder peeking out frm the white powder . I like to try that from time to time in hopes of getting better. I consider this one a success!

The feathers were stamped with Memento Rhubarb Ink and die cut. I accented the stamped dots with a white gel pen.

Inside the card I stamped an assortment of dream-themed sentiments, hopefully soliciting a chuckle from the recipient. Let's see, Avery Elle, Papertrey Ink and Inkadinkado stamps.

The back of the card has more of the edge-distressed Junkitz papers and a siggie.





Last look.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Texture of the clear embossing on base layer and edge distressing, die cut layers
Dreams give people hope and direction

20 comments:

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

My name is Erika. said...

The circles add some nice texture without covering up the background paper. But of course you need to cover it with your dream catcher images. Smile. The dream catcher and other images look great.The inside quote stamping almost looks printed versus stamped. Hope it's been a nice weekend. hugs-Erika

dj said...

Some guy is gonna love this dream catcher card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Circle Card" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Your card nails the masculine element we always ask for in our challenges!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G334

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER masculine card Aimes. Love the paper and the details, the insert verse is so funny, and I'm sure will be appreciated. Love it. I'm here with two hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Feathers challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

ScrappyHorses said...

Wonderful masculine card with the handsome colors! That sentiment is sure to bring a smile! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

MortiCraft said...

Lots of lovely elements here. I like how you’ve added the background circles with clear heat embossing. And lovely way to add feathers with a dream catcher. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful man card. I find it very hard to make nice cards for men. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Anita said...

Such a busy card, and there's so much to look at, Aimeslee! I'm really loving all the texture in here, and the subtle effects--the EP, the torn edges--they add so much to the overall look!

Rain said...

Aimeslee, I have to say this is one of my favourites of all the cards you've made! Great work! ♥

Riet Harikini said...

What lovely card, thanks for playing with the challenge from Lost Coast Designs

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Cathie w said...

very nice project . Thanks for joining us at rafty Gals Challenge Corner

Larelyn said...

Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Layer it Up" challenge. Please join our newest challenge #291 "Friends and Family."
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Pat said...

Great use of the dreamcatcher for this feathers theme Aimeslee, and some beautiful papers and a lovely sentiment and more super words on the inside too, and some more prettily stamped feathers at the bottom. x

Lisa said...

I love the dream catcher die cut. Really terrific card with it too.

Jane said...

Super card Aimslee! Love the dream catcher theme and earthy colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you continue to play along with our challenges. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This color combo is so perfect for a masculine card! Very cool dream catcher too. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday and TMR

baileyrosy.com said...

Fantastic card with lots of lovely detail, texture, and color.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Colorful Options, the insert really made me smile.

Marie

Sari / Granne said...

Such a fab card with so many details and texture. Thank you for joining The Mail Room "Feather" challenge, hope you'll also join our new challenge

Suze said...

Great masculine card Aimeslee. I like how you elevated the patterned paper to provide more interest. Thank you for entering the November Challenge at Path of Positivity.