Sunday, October 29, 2023

Screech ATC

 Greetings!
I would have posted this earlier, but Honey and I kept going out on the back porch every few minutes this evening, just to feel the cold front coming in. Weird, I know, but it feels so good standing in the cooling wind chill. 
After the summer we had, I'm pleading Post Traumatic Summer Disorder.
😊

I did quite a bit on this ATC. I colored the Beccy's Place Screech digital image with my Promarkers, used my white and black gel pens to doodle and outline, and heat-embossed the base with white powder after stamping an Impression Obsession cobwebs stamp with Versamark Ink on Beccy's digital paper

I  heat-embossed the Pink By Design sentiment that was stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, then cut with a Lawn Fawn banner flag die on white card that was ink-blended with Hero Arts Chartreuse Neon ink. The ghost strip at bottom was a paper scrap from my Halloween stash.

 
I'm showing a crop of the printed out Beccy's digital images I used, and the ink I used to blend onto the printed background. It ended up being almost the exact same color as the digitally colored background. I had removed the color in PSE in order to print it out with my black and white Laserjet. Talk about being surprised, I was! Especially since I was expecting it to be lighter, like the sentiment. I guess the printed greys make the ink look darker on it, more like an olive shade.

And angled view to show the detail of the white and black gel pen doodling.
I doodled a third black border on the outside perimeter of the Screech image before fussy cutting it.
Then I did a lot of outling and accenting with white gel pen.

Thanks for visiting and have a great week.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Inspired by the occasion (Halloween) and the colors
Frankenstein-like Monster
Halloween Horror U Studios

23 comments:

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun spooky ATC and I love the vibrant colouring… x

Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Conny said...

Wow.. this is an amazing ATC! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a beautiful ATC indeed, although hat witch looks rather mean....But you have coloured it all to perfection. I can understand you enjoying the cool breezes after the big heat you had. Here it's cold, wet and windy! Hugs, Valerie

Melanie Hungerford said...

Awesome ATC, I really like how the neon ink looks, perfect for Halloween! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Anita said...

Very Halloween-y! Our supplies sometimes surprise us, and I'm glad this one wasn't a nasty one. Hope the cool breezes continue blowing your way!

Ellibelle said...

So fun for Halloween, thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Totally understand what you mean about wanting to feel the cold front coming in. I do the same in the spring when a warm front moves in. Meanwhile it's gotten to below 30 degrees (F) here in IL this morning and I am not ready for this cold!!!

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee,
I love your ATC. I went to Beccys Place in search of the image but couldn't find it at first but eventually did. I love your colour interpretation. Brilliant.
I love your ATCs and wish you were closer so you could join in our swops over here.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC and love the neon colours.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Absolutely scary/spooky Aimeslee. Glad you had a chance to post this card. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Crafty KJ said...

A lovely spooky card and I love the colours you've used! A fab image and the ghost paper is fab too! Great doodling and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Rosmarie said...

Fabulous ATC and doodling ! Maybe you'd like to play along with our Dream Factory Challenge too ? This month is all about witches, wizards, fantasy and Halloween.
Many thanks in advance. Rosi

Judy McKay said...

I just love the card, colours and image. The monster mash is perfect.
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue create this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

Aimeslee, I too am enjoying the fall weather here in SC. You've created a fun and spooky ATC, thanks for sharing it with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog this month. Smiles, Kathy DT

Beccy said...

Wow, that really is a little work of art Aimeslee! You did an awesome job with the colouring, the layering and the pen work. I particularly like the way your ATC seems to glow. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spook-tacular card! Great colouring! I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

My name is Erika. said...

Now that's a creepy Halloween creature. I love those bright colors and those ghosts. I bet they'll all be dancing to the Monster Mash as soon as it's Halloween.Thanks for joining us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Seafield Jo said...

Thank you for the welcome back.
This is a fabulous creation, so much work has gone into it, it's really great.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Rosmarie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your super fun ATC card with the Dream Factory ! I'm really happy that you followed up on my request. Thanks again for joining in ! Hugs, Rosi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Aimeslee, you clearly don't have my problem with Halloween, everything you have made this time with the Halloween theme has been fantastic. I get things out and them just look at them wondering what to do. This one is especially eye-catching (and not too scary)
Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chris

Pamela said...

What a great ATC - I love it!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Lisa said...

LOL! You are so funny, " I'm pleading Post Traumatic Summer Disorder" really had me laughing. This card is really fun. Great coloring of that terrific image.

Margarets designer cards said...

Colourful and spooky ATC
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Jocelyn said...

This is a great ATC and perfect for this time of year. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT