Sunday, October 29, 2023

Scarecrow Hayride Tag

 Happy Sunday to everyone.

I'm back with another Free Dearie Dolls digital pre-colored image, made into a tag this time.
(To remind, I hang my tags on my Tim Holtz Carrousel with the little clips, so I don't usually add ribbon anymore at the top.)
I'm still wanting to make stuff but I'm unable to do anything remotely complicated or stressful right now (bad brain fog and I'm tired and don't feel good or energetic), so I shall have to be happy with digital hybrid makes until whatever it is passes. 

Mary Ellen shared her images freely for personal use (and they are still up on her blog HERE if you have a few spare weeks to go back ten years), so I don't see why I can't show you what her image looks like that I began with. Who doesn't wanna go on a Scarecrow Hayride? Actually, the theme at Tag Tuesday calls for some form of transportation and most of my car/truck/bicycle stamps/dies needed a horizontal orientation but I wanted a vertical one. So this image works perfectly for that.

So, obviously, I added the sentiment in PSE before printing out on white card. Then I figured I could get out my Distress Inks without thinking too much and stipple the ground with Scattered Straw and the sky with Speckled Egg. Then I rounded the corners with my WRMK Chomper and edged the tag with a few different shades of chalk ink until I got it dark enough.

We are actually going to have a rare chilly evening for Halloween. The last time that happened was 1993. Dear Daughter was 5 and had to wear her fur car coat over her costume for trick-or-treating. She's 35 now. Anyway, it will be a good night for a hayride.
I've been on a few, have you?
Never with a scarecrow driving, though!
😉
Thanks for visiting and have a great end to the weekend.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:

11 comments:

Becca S said...

Sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well. Hang in there, dearie!!! Hugs! And thank you for thinking of FQGS and bundling us along with the others! I like your idea of a carousal with clips to hang tags or even ATCs. I've been on lots of hayrides and never with a farmer dressed as a scarecrow! :) I like how you added to the digital image to make it yours! --Becca

pinky said...

This is so cute and perfect for our challenge Aimeslee! I love how you display your tags, such a cool idea! I hope you feel better soon. No I have never been on a hayride but sure sounds fun! The weather over here is wet and windy so not great for little trick or treaters!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Tag Tuesday this week.
Hugs Pinky

Darlene said...

OMG how cute this is and your coloring is awesome! Feel better soon! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Lia said...

This image is so cute!! I like the card you made with it.
Lia DT TSOC

Alyson Mayo said...

Such a cute hayride image. It's a great way to spend an autumn day, for sure!

Sandra Wright. said...

This is just so cute, reminds me of the times I spent on my uncles farm with my cousins.
Brain fog is one of the worst things, I feel for you. I've just had a break away and it's taken me 3 days to get over it and I still haven't crafted yet.
Hugs xx

Gillena Cox said...

Very Nice

Much💛love

Pamela said...

adorable card that you've shared with us at MTTC leave challenge.

Darlene said...

Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this is a great image. Thank you to the link for these images. There are some really fun images.

Donna Phelan said...

Love your super sweet Fall Tag....how cute is that image? It is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Pumpkins Challenge. Donna, DT Member.