Friday, September 1, 2023

Time for a New MLCCB Challenge!

 Greetings and Happy September!
And that means a new challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!
For my design team make, I printed out a beautiful pre-colored digital printable by Beccy's Place that I found saved in my files. It's called Cardinal and Holly Image #186. I framed, resized and added the sentiment while in PSE and then printed it out on HP Satin Professional Photo Paper. I combined it with some vintage-looking swirly and holly/ivy designer papers and silver items: ribbon, a snowflake border die cut and punched snowflakes. All the papers were found in my scrap stash. I edged the papers with Promarkers and layered them onto a piece of silver mirror card and then onto a green 6X6 card base.
 

I chose this sketch to use for my layout design but resized it to 6X6 just because I liked it better that way.
😁
The back of the card has more of the papers from the front and my stamped and punch siggie.
Last look and angled shot to show the glittery shine from the punched snowflakes, silver ribbon and die cut snowflake border edging.
A quickly made card (for my timeline, lol) with hopefully big eye appeal, thanks to Beccy's beautiful drawing and coloring.
Thanks for the visit and come play in our MLCCB challenge.
It's still not too late to get those holiday cards made before the fall holidays take over and then
WHOOSH!
it's Christmas!
Have a great start to September!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I have sparkly silver elements
The image and papers I used remind me of holiday cards from my childhood and the silver elements remind me of the silver icicles we used to adorn our tree with. 😊
Birds are among my favorite animals because they are very small but self-reliant.
I love to listen to them on my back porch.
They've nested in our hanging plants and are fascinating to watch what hard-working parents they are.

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, the traditional green and red colours are always the best. I'm taking time off over the wekend, so see you Monday! Hugs, Valerie

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful Christmas card!! Fabulous take on the sketch challenge as well. Have a great weekend my friend.

Lisa said...

Great use of that sketch. I love that wonderful snowflake die cut too.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card. Your image is darling. I have a few images from Beccas Place.

Your backside is impressive. It gives the feeling that you care about your cards.

Have a super long weekend!

Bethie said...

Anonymous was me

Melanie Hungerford said...

So pretty, love the image and how you could size it perfectly for your design. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the papers with the beautiful image from Beccy, as always your card is wholly beautiful with the lovely back too. Love the addition of the snowflakes too.
Faith x

Beccy said...

Your card definitely has "big eye appeal" Aimeslee, it's gorgeous! I'm impressed by how beautifully you've decorated the back too. The sparkly, shiny elements really bring the "Wow" factor, particularly the gorgeous snowflake border. I love the festive papers you chose as well. Wonderful.
Cheers,
Beccy

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee. Lovely papers. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

SmilynStef said...

love all of the wonderful layers ... so very glad you joined us for our Christmas Past at Jingle Belles.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card and love your cardinal and fabulous bold patterned papers.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alyson Mayo said...

This is beautiful - so very elegant. Love that red background :)

Heather said...

Beautiful!! I love your papers and that gorgeous snowflake border! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

lauren bergold said...

What a lovely card and a super-cool fancy fold! So happy you could join our Old-Fashioned Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. what an awesome make!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project! DT - Val
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Mummylade said...

Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Fabiola said...

très jolie et élégante création Aimeslee, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenges, biz

Pat said...

This is spectacular Aimeslee, and I love the bold and beautiful papers to accompany that beautiful bright Cardinal on the holly branch, and the silver snowflakes and ribbon finish it so prettily..love the fun greeeting too. x

Larelyn said...

This is beautiful, Aimeslee and the silver sparkle is a wonderful addition. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.