Saturday, September 2, 2023

Golfing Birthday Gnomes

 Happy Saturday.
Hope your weekend is going well.
This card is for our favorite (and only) son-in-love as his birthday is next week. He loves golfing and has been pretty passionate about it as his main hobby ever since Covid Lockdown, so I thought a golf-themed card would do. And I threw in gnomes just for the heck of it, lol.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design but I opted instead to cut my papers diagonally edge to edge instead of how the sketch has the line. I wanted to use the leftover diagonal cuts on the back of the card in the same manner. And then I got really selfish and changed the direction of the diagonal line because I thought it went better with the focal that way. 
Poor old sketch, so abused, hope you can still see that it at least inspired me!
 😁
So, anyway, the white A7 card base is side-opening, which required me to use legal card stock and hand-cut since my trimmer is only 12" long. The designer papers throughout are Polkadoodles digitals from their Gnome Men Golf Printables Pack . In PSE I sized and framed each paper to print on white card stock. I added a black stitched ribbon to the diagonal line after mounting the papers. The focal image was created by me in PSE, using Polkadoodles Golf Cart Gnome for Men Color Printables and The Paper Shelter Enjoy the Summer colored digital image . After arranging the digital elements to my liking, I added the sentiment with the Text Tool and framed it as well before printing out and topping the card.
Inside the card is more of the Polkadoodles papers, framed in PSE. On the left, I added the Score Card image and then made a pocket for the gift card and receipt. At right, sentiment created by me in PSE.
The back has the other halves of the diagonally cut paper on the front and my stamped and punched siggie.
Last look.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
(Hipster Gnome has brought along bread and vino!)

19 comments:

Lynda said...

So much fun. I love the hipster gnome waiting with food and drink. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Super cute card, Aimeslee. Your SIL is in for a treat! Happy Birthday to him. So glad you joined our Add a Sentiment challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Heather said...

Lol, golfing gnomes - so cute! Love your bright golf-y papers for this as well - SIL will love it! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your golfing gnomes, such fun. I'm sure your son in love will like it! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Golfing gnomes are a riot. And is that golf ball paper? It’s such fun. This is a fun card for anyone who golf’s AND for TIOT. Thanks for
Joining us. Hugs Erika

Darlene said...

This is SO cool ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Leanne said...

Omyword this is so cute, great image and fun colors, and love the inside as well, nicely done, and thanks again for playing our Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a Krafty Day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

Alyson Mayo said...

Golfing gnomes... who would have thought? I love the little dudes, one with his accessories and the other in the cart. Too cute :)

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun gnome card and lovely colouring …it’s a great layout

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's such a fun card, Aimeslee - clever gnome to bring along a picnic! Thanks for playing along with our kitchen/food theme at Alphabet Challenge
Debroah DT

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Aimeslee - fab image and I love the sentiment to go with it! Thanks so much for joining in with this month's "I Spy With My Little Eye" Challenge on the theme "For Boys/Men".
Pauline xx

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card, I love the gnomes and really fabulous colors too!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Super cute card
Thank you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog
Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Meggymay said...

A wonderful fun card and a super sentiment.
Thank you for linking with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

Lisa said...

I do see how the sketch inspired the card. Great papers for this really fun image.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee, although I'm not much of a golf person, I love this card. Got a good giggle too. ;)

Billie A said...

Cute card. Cute images. Looks like they are having fun. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner

Cazro said...

Hi, A wonderful fun card depicting gold for your chosen hobby. The gnomes add the fun element and I adore your chosen golf papers. They all come together in a perfect ensemble. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/