Monday, September 4, 2023

Owl Tag Trio

 Hi Ho, BlogWorld!
Hope all is well with you.
It's tag time again at Tag Tuesday with an Owls theme, just getting these in under the wire.
Still working on beefing up my Christmas and Valentines display items, so I have one of each plus one that started out as a Valentines but ended up looking good for Halloween as well!
I began with these tag bases. The middle one is a tag from Basic Grey's Hang Ten 12x12 collection.
This one for Valentines has a stamped and heat-embossed HOTP owl, colored with Promarkers. I used Distress Inks to ink-blend the sky and then I stenciled the leaves with Tim's Leafy Layering Stencil. I stamped the hearts and heat-embossed all but the tiniest ones (which were an afterthought to finish the space better). The sentiment was composed in PSE and printed out on copy paper, then ink-blended and outlined with a Promarker. The owl's eyes are filled in with gel pens and glitter pens. I edge-distressed the perimeter of the tag with black soot Distress ink and a foam tool.
This is my other Valentines tag, but as you can see, it works for Halloween as well. Twofer! On this one, I played around with creme wax, crayons, Stabilo Aquarelle pencils and even some loose fairy dust glitter, in addition to inks, embossing powders, watercolors and alcohol markers. The sentiment was created same as the first tag's. The hearts were punched from glitter paper and the moon was stamped and heat-embossed with silver ep. The tree branch was cut with a Memory Box die out of a brown card scrap and after I outlined with the pencil and smudged it in with a small damp paintbrush, I dabbed and colored here and there with a glue pen, then sprinkled on the glitter. The owl is Lavinia's Bijou, a new purchase. I stamped him on a scrap of brown card, then went to town coloring him with various gel pen and glitter pens. I smudged silver Distress crayon around the tag edge, then ink-distressed it with the black soot DI.
The last tag is for Christmas, using a Rubbernecker owl named Stokes. I stamped him with brown VFClair and then once again on mask paper, fussy cutting that one out to mask him to stamp the Sheena Douglass book stack, also with brown VFClair. I used my watercolor markers to color this one. Then I stenciled the background behind him using Tim's Concerto stencil and Peeled Paint DI (playing off the Christmas song with a similar title, less the good book). The sentiment was created same as on the other two tags and I added a colored gift-wrapped present at the bottom, which was cut from a an ancient Sizzix Sizzlit strip of tiny Christmas objects. The holly berries were cut from foil card. The chocolate chip cookie at his feet was coated with Nuvo Crystal Glaze and his eyes were colored in with gel pens and glitter pens. I finished by inking the perimeter off with black soot DI as well.
So, lots of mixed media on these, but each one has some glitter and shine, too. This is a composite of the angled shots I took to try to show you. Click on the pic for a closer look.
And final view. As usual, I had a fun old time and got a few more decor items made.
I also used inked up all 3 owls for the first time, too!
Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LIINK-UPS:
~~~Entries are for the trio of tags unless otherwise noted~~~
For Owl Always Love You Tag
For Whooo Loves Ya Tag
For Whooo Loves Ya Tag
For Owl I Want for Christmas Tag
For Owl Always Love You Tag and
For Whooo Loves Ya Tag
For Owl I Want for Christmas Tag: Reading
Each of my tags feature owls, which are among my favorite bird species and birds being one of my favorite animal types. I love to watch the owls that sit on our utility wires in the back of our yard. They stare back at you quite calmly, almost human-like. I also am in awe at how they hunt their prey at dusk. 

29 comments:

pinky said...

These tags are just fabulous, make me smile instantly!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

My name is Erika. said...

These are such fun tags Aimeslee. I love the different approaches to owls-like the wise owl, and the word puns. I guess you found the time to make some tags, which is good for all of us who stop by. I hope you're having a great holiday weekend. Hugs-Erika

Debbie said...

These are all so cute!!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous trio of tags, Aimeslee, and I love that you have made them for different occasions - very clever! Hope the heat is not too bad! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags Aimeslee,all great backgrounds and love all the different fabulous owls.Thank you for your caring comment on my blog
Carol x
Whilst I am here ---Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

'OWL about these tags!' They are all so cute! Thanks for joining in our challenges. Good Luck!

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - you have been busy! These tags are "owl" one could want - the sentiments are so cute :)

Heather said...

Wonderful, and another great hobby! Love these tags, your owls are all so adorable and unique! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

All/owl three are awesome tags!! Especially the two with hearts for Heart's Quest! And it's super cool that you're taking time to create décor items for upcoming holidays that are months away! --Becca

Diane said...

Super fun tags and each one unique, what a great fun variety of owls!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Two Old Bats!
Diane TB and TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I admire your foresight Aimes. These tags are just fabulous, so individual and awesome.
Faith x

Fiona said...

I am partial to tags and these three are a hoot! Love them - thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour

craftytrog said...

A fabulous trio Aimeslee. I love the quirky owls.
Thank you for worrying about me, it's been a busy time. Just to warn you, I'll be disappearing next week on my hols, then hopefully things will settle down. I need to get started on my Christmas cards!
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Alison

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such wonderful tags! Impressed with your great colouring skills! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.
Diane - DT

Sarah said...

Wonderful tags and what a privilege to be able to watch owls too. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such fun tags! Always useful for Christmas time. Thanks for joining in at HLS Watercolor

Lisa said...

Super adorable collection of tags.

Jackie C said...

Fabulous trio of tags!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Anonymous said...

These tags are gorgeous. The way you masked off the owls is perfect! The reading owl is my favorite and perfect for our hobbies theme. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

WendyK said...

Thank you for linking your three cute owl tags to Tag Tuesday, they are all lovely.

creationsnz said...

Woohoo for this great set of owls. Thank you for sharing your tags with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool tags!!! Thanks so much for participating in our HALLOWEEN CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Pat said...

Three terrific tags using these fun owl images Aimeslee, and love the accompanying words too, and all so detailed and beautifully coloured. x

cass said...

Great tags, thanks for joining us at a Place to Start for our All that Glitters challenge.

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Aimeslee!

Your tags are awesome! I just received a new Owl stamp and die set and you have given me some inspirational ideas about how to use them.

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

FinArt said...

Those tages are so adorable. I love the images you used. Thank you fore playing with us.Have a happy craafty day. Janja DT

Larelyn said...

Adorable tag and I love the pink hearts! Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Andree said...

A fabulously fun set of tags. Wonderful techniques, colours and sentiments.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Majda said...

Love your bright and cheery project.
Thank you so much for joining our Vesela hiška Challenge/Happy House Challenge.
Hope you have a lovely day : )
Hugs, Majda