Saturday, August 12, 2023

They Say It's Your Birthday

 HiHo, blogging friends.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
My brother's birthday is coming up and he's a huge music buff and performer at his church. He sings and plays the piano. So, I thought he would like this, especially since he's always been a Beatles fan and the sentiment is a lyric from one of their songs. I used a warm and cool 2-color combo of red and blue as that's how the precolored gnome image is colored, perfect for a guy card, I think. Since he's in his fifties, he'll feel at home with the vinyl and the cassette tapes.
😍
 
I used this Splitcoaststamper sketch for my A7 layout design.
I used this adorable pre-colored Polkadoodles Music Record Collector Gnome along with some Polkadoodles Gnome Men Musical digital paper. I sized them in PSE and printed out on HP Satin Professional Photo Paper. The other papers are SU card stocks. The piano keys is Washi tape. The red notes were cut with a Quickutz die and the Gnome image was cut out using a Spellbinder postage die. The Impression Obsession sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder, then cut out with a Lawn Fawn banner die.
I created the sentiment and layered it onto the Polkadoodles digital paper, then printed out on HP Premium Satin photo paper. 
Hoping it gives my brother a smile.
Final view.
Thanks for the visit!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I love warm and cool color combos like blue and red that I've used, because often the warm color *pops* and brightens the cool color as well. 😎
Piano washi tape

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, fun, vibrant and bold. I LOVE it. Thst reminds me that I will be 77 this year, so that's a number that will need a fun celebration! Hope you are feeling well and not melting too much. It's pouring with rain here.Hugs, Valerie

Jocelyn said...

I like the colour combination you have chosen. I'm sure your brother will love it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Becca S said...

Rocking and rolling gnome is a darling!! Groovy!!! Thanks for sharing with TFATU!! --Becca

Carol L said...

This card is just too much fun and that's a clever and brilliant sentiment you created for the inside! I love the washi tape that goes perfectly with the music theme! Your brother will just have to love this cute card!

Gillena Cox said...

Didnt know gnomes worry.

Happy Sunday😊
Sunday Smiles is HERE🇹🇹

Much💖love

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous fun card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely fun card, and I am sure your brother will love it
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

dj said...

What a jamming card!! Thanks for playing along with our MUSIC challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! You rocked the MUSIC theme with your rocking gnome and nailed our challenge to create a masculine card.
Deb Horst, DT #C4G328

My name is Erika. said...

Is that piano tape? I love it. Mr. Gnome is adorable as is how you used him. Loving the turquoise too. Someone is going to really going to have their heart skip a beat with this card. Have a super rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Great card Aimeslee. Sadly - though I used to listen to the Beatles I don't remember this song in particular. So I visited YouTube to catch up. My favourite back then was 'I want to hold your hand'. We used to dance to that at the hops when I was in my late teens but we used to shout 'your foot' instead of 'your hand'. Daft memories.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

What a great card for a music lover and the insert sentiment is brilliant!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a fabulous music themed card!! My husband would love one like this. I need to go get that gnome & digital paper. Thank you so much for inspiring me with this. Your brother is going to love it!!

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a awesome card. This card is perfect for your brother. Very vibrant and I'm sure he will love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Meggymay said...

A fabulous and special music themed card. I love the bright colours and the detail. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays and for the inspiration
Yvonne

Lisa said...

Fabulous fun gnome image and great paper to pair with it too.

Julie B said...

Love your disc spinning DJ gnome and you've used the colours of the image so well in your design. Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Pamela Duncan said...

Great take on the sketch and love the digital of the Polkadoodles Gnome! I'm sure he loved it! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Pam, DT

Jane.D said...

What a fab and fun card! I love it! I'm sure your brother loved it too! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!