Thursday, August 10, 2023

Vintage Christmas Angel

 Hey there, hope all is well with you.
I always try to have some religious-themed Christmas cards to send every year to the few people on our list who prefer them. For this card, I fussy-cut the angel, sentiment and holly berry sprig from the A.T.C. Collection Christmas image papers. I layered the angel and sentiment onto some light blue card and then fussy-cut the light blue layer Can we say glutton for punishment? lol 
I do like how it looks, though. 
I edged the holly berry sprig with a grey Promarker. I added ribbon and 3 star die cuts and collaged onto a piece of designer paper stash scrap, then that went onto a darker blue SU card stock base. Got out my Sakura clear glitter gel pen and coated the star, her wings and outlined the dp. Traced over the sentiment with a brown Pitt pen. Colored the berries with a Sakura red glitter pen. 
There's a LOT of glittery sparkle in real life but surprisingly hard to capture all of it in one pic.
Frustrating!
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design but added ribbon and rearranged elements just a hair, so it was more like inspiration.
I made another one almost like it with the other card blank, using the same images but different ribbon and dp. (I was using up ribbon paper scraps.) 
I will wait to add the inside sentiments once I know who they are going to.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Column G: Free / Ribbon / Glitter

18 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

The light blue outline is a perfect shadow for the beautiful angel - this is such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at both MTTCC and HLS Christmas :)

Becca Sadler said...

Both of your angel Christmas cards are gorgeous-ly elegant and very vintage! Flutterly lovely! Thanks for supporting MTTCC and taking time to craft Christmas with us! --Becca

brenda said...

A great design for your Christmas cards, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many Thanks for sharing this lovely festive card with us at Allsorts.
Lorraine

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is beautiful, fussy cutting is tedious but your card shows that it's worth it! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

My name is Erika. said...

She (your angel) is a beauty, and your card is too. I like both papers you chose for the background, and the bit of holly you added. It's a subtle Christmas idea, unless of course you only think of angels at Christmas. I have a few people on my list who prefer religious themed cards too, and they would love an angel. I hope all is well and you have a great weekend. And yes, as you mentioned in your comment, the earth is doing what it wants and unfortunately, we just have to deal with it.hugs-Erika

Ellibelle said...

A really wonderful set of cards, the angel is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love both of your angel cards, you always make really neat cards! Hope you are not suffering too much in the heat! I am tired today, and planning on an early night! Hugs, Valerie

Anita said...

Shiny, glittery stuff is hard to capture, indeed! And it looks so good in real life!! Love your cards, Aimeslee! All the fussy cutting must've been hard work, but it sure adds that little extra to the angels. Just lovely overall!

Becca S said...

Also, at TFATU, we appreciate that you shared your Christmas angel card! Heavenly lovely! --Becca

Lisa said...

Super cute vintage angel and great background for her too.

ClaireB said...

A very sweet angel card, lovely colour tones you've chosen too. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month Claire DT

Deborah Wheeler said...

Beautiful colours Aimeslee! Thanks for playing along again with our Christmas in July theme at Sparkles Challenge
Deborah DT
www.deborahscraftyblog.com

*Vicki* said...

Your angle is absolutely stunning and I love the Vintage feel to her as well! Both of these designs look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your vintage angels are beautiful and way to go using up those scraps too. I really need to get going on my Christmas cards again. Health issues have slowed me down this year.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Pamela Duncan said...

Lovely card ~ Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Pam, DT

Helen said...

Beautifully made and I can see the glitter!

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

Helen x
DT