Sunday, August 13, 2023

Oh Christmas Tree

 Happy Sunday, hope your weekend's gone well.
These never-ending heat-filled days and nights with no rain and a rare breeze have got my brain melted to where I can only apparently put one foot in front of the other creatively, head down, blind to the big picture. Our hotter-than-usual-and-sometimes-ever weather has really not changed since June. Each new day feels worse now, but I can't tell if that's real or just me wearing thin, lol.
So, I've been sticking to Christmas cards unless something else is needed. Still working from bits and bobs and scraps. 
 
This Splitcoaststampers sketch guided my A2 layout/design.
The 3 trees and 2 berry clusters are punch out die cuts from an old desk calendar. The designer papers are scraps from The Paper Studio 12 Days of Christmas collection. The gold card is SU. I painstakingly adhered a gazillion tiny red rhinestones to the trees and background, and 3 gold ones on the tree tops. I stamped the Sugarloaf sentiment with Olympia Versafine ink and used a corner punch on 2 opposite edges. You know, I can't really tell if the style of the trees is Native American, Rustic Northwest or Scandi, but I like it.
 
Inside, I stamped with the Versafine ink some Hero Arts sentiments.
On back, more of the striped paper and a stamped and punched siggie.
And final view.
Have a great evening and thanks for visiting.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Christmas Bingo July / August #2
O Column: Rectangle / Free / Patterned Paper
MMTOTY #11: Anything Christmas

18 comments:

Lia said...

What a nice interpretation of the sketch! I like the 3 similar christmastrees in a row!
Lia DT POE

dorsetdawndesigns said...

Nice Christmas trees and I love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x

JulieP said...

We are at least getting some rain here in Florida. It helps the grass but makes for a sauna outdoors. Using trees as your diamonds is a great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the HLS Christmas blog!

Valerie-Jael said...

OOOps, I missed this lovely card before, so glad I got to see it now - it's gorgeous! Have a happy day, hugs, Valerie

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, this is such a cool card! I love how unique the trees are. At first I saw them as Scandinavian, but now I see them as Aztec too. They're really unique. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas BINGO Challenges!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Another fabulous Christmas card my friend. You're really using up those scraps. Like you, I'm so tired of this heat too. Now we've been getting our usual "monsoon type" weather - very muggy with thunder/lightening storms causing issues in the mountains. Stay safe in this heat.

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks for joining us at TIOT Aimeslee. This is another delightful holiday card. I can only imagine how the heat is getting to you. We've had a lot of rain and that is getting to me also. I'm not sure you can equally equate the 2 of them, because at least we do get an occasional break and you haven't had any. I like that pine bough paper and those holiday trees. I say if making holiday cards keeps you cool, then do it. Definitely. hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Very cool design ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Leanne said...

So wonderful, love me those trees, awesome that you played our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

Leanne DT/KCC

Betta said...

With this heat, your ticket refreshes me a little!!!
I really like! Well done!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT



SmilynStef said...

what a fun tree trio ... so perfect for the sketch ... so glad you shared your Christmas Trees with us at Jingle Belles.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. DT - Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat.
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wonderful Christmas tree image and nicely done putting all those gems on the card.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee,love the pine cone P.paper and your three recycled trees-we are just the opp high Summer and nothing but rain and cool winds-but saying that we have just had three Sunny days!
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and
Birthstone Challenges
Carol DT x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope making Christmas cards makes you feel cooler! I love this and your Beatles gnome too. Thank you so much for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

lauren bergold said...

Oh how fun and festive! Great take on the sketch, as well, and a cool combination of a bunch of challenges! So happy you could join our Christmas Tree fun at Jingle Belles!

Lisa J said...

What a fun card with all the trees! Thanks for sharing with us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Lisa J DT

Tone K. said...

Very pretty card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)