Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sew In Love Tag Trio

 Happy Sunday!
Hope all is well with you.
I'm very happy to say that our generator install is finally complete!
This past week was really stressed-filled for us, so we've been veritable vegetables this weekend.
Yesterday Honey even took a nap after breakfast, lol.
As for me, I created these tags with a sewing theme. I need to beef up my stash of Valentine tags, so I got started.
This tag base is a Basic Grey tag that I cut off a little on the bottom then papered the back of it with some MFT tiny hearts paper. With an awl and a ruler with spaced holes, I punched holes all around the tag and drew faux stitching with a gel pen.  Added some washi tape in two rows and then the Gecko Galz cutie pie Valentine digital collage sheet image I'd printed on HP Satin photo paper and fussy cut.
This tag was a lesson in failed attempts, lol. I took a black Judikins tag and stamped a Technique Junkies sewing pattern stamp on it in Versamark. Then I tried to heat-emboss it with Ranger enamel white powder, but the powder must have gone bad because it was like I'd clear-embossed it.
So then I got the bright idea to cover it with some real sewing pattern paper. I brushed on some Collage Pauge and discovered that too had gone bad. It was all clumpy but the strange thing is that it made the embossing show up! As I worked it around with my glue brush, it began smearing the image, so I finally got complete coverage and stuck that tissue paper down and weighted it while it dried to get it flat. I didn't like how the Gecko Galz digital collage sheet image looked on it, so I turned the tag over, stamped again and this time used white embossing powder. That became my tag front. I added washi tape and punched holes around it and actually stitched around the edge with a needle and red embroidery thread. I found some foam hearts and some punched hearts to add as well.
This last tag is a Basic Grey tag that I shortened a bit and then papered the back of it with some Paper Symphony papers. I first added a solid cream paper that I stamped the Dylusions vertical stitching/hearts on with Memento ink, to make wallpaper. I colored the hearts with Promarkers. Then I used an MFT die to cut a slight curve in a cross-stitch paper to make a tablecloth. I stamped the heart vase and flowers with Versafine Clair and clear-embossed it, then fussy cut it and colored it with Promarkers. It's popped up on foam tape. I stamped and heat-embossed the MFT and Crafters Companion sentiments on some of the solid paper, using a stitched rectangle die to cut it. I accented the die cut stitching with a gel pen. I added button and spool stamps just for grins and pop-dotted that. And then I glue-dotted on some real buttons. I punched holes all around and added faux stitching with a gel pen.
Here's the backs of the tags.
And a final look at the trio.
A lot of work but I had fun.
Thanks for visiting and happy new week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Lots of stamping on the Life Is Sweet tag and stamped background on the black tag.
Multiple media: paper, ink, thread, buttons, alcohol markers, tissue paper, embossing powder, foam
These Valentines are positive messages
Vase of heart flowers on Life is Sweet tag
Paper, inks, embossing powder, buttons
Button spots and zigzag stripes wallpaper on Life is Sweet tag
3 images on 3 tags
Dies Used on Love Is Sweet Tag:
Stitched rectangle sentiment mat
MFT Stitched Curve for tablecloth top

30 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

So glad that the generator is now installed, and hope that you have now had time to sleep off the stress! The tag trio is a lovely idea and thanks so much for linking to Sandie's challenge at Tag Tuesday! Hope the new.week will be cooler and with less stress! Hugs, Valerie

Sandra Wright. said...

Hello Aimeslee, I hope you are well.
I just love your trio of delightful tags, the images are lovely.
Thank you so much for joining in with my theme at Tag Tuesday x

Anita said...

Beautiful tags, Aimeslee! Your faux stitches look pretty real. :-) You seem to have had quite the adventure with old supplies--I've been seeing some of mine go bad these days, and I'm sure the heat and humidity at our new place has something to do with it.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

These are darling Valentine tags to share with a BFF!! Very creative and your efforts to keep trying different techniques and supplies show your tenacity for the creative thinking processes! Thanks for sharing with Heart's Quest! --Becca

brenda said...

A pretty trio of colourful tags, many thanks for sharing one with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Chris said...

A fabulous set of tags Aimslee, love the retro images - they all tuned out great despite the mishaps you encountered along the way. Thank you for sharing at crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Carol said...

Well done with the Generator.
And well done with the tags. You must be exhausted. I was - just reading about them. You have my admiration as I don't do 'messy' and that sounded like 'messy'. I think I would have given up. They do look great though.
Just a quick question - has Honey received his envelope yet?
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

pinky said...

Your tags are just beautiful and perfect for the challenge Aimeslee! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

ScrappyHorses said...

Great tags! Don't you love it when a fail turns into a win! Yay; good for you sticking through it and making it work in a whole new way! I'm loving that background! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Love all your beautiful sewing themed tags and glad you persevered to get another really pretty tag.THank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations and
Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous tags! That one really gave you a hard time but it looks fabulous. I'm so happy your generator install is finished.

Larelyn said...

Such a sweet set of tags. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Create a Scene challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Heather said...

Such cute tags, and I love the theme! So many fun details, such great projects! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous Valentine tags Aimes, love the characters and how each one has come together even after all your messy work, which turned out great. Good to hear your generator is installed and completed. These things really do get to us don't they? Take care and don't let Arfurr through the door.
Faith x

My name is Erika. said...

These tags are adorable. The stitching in the last tag really looks like stitching. And that tag looks just like the old clothing labels. I had forgotten that clothing labels have disappeared. And your Valentine stickers are sweet.And on another topic, did you get to try out your new power source when the storm came through (south of you, I think) or perhaps you didn't lose power. Either way, I hope you stayed high and dry and cool too. :) hugs-Erika

Jocelyn said...

Three great tags. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

Lovely tags and tell hubby there's nothing wrong with having a nap!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Gina said...

What gorgeous tags! I love the theme and the wonderful pieces you have used as focal points. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting from the heart XXX

Lisa said...

Super adorable tags. I love the vintage imagery.

Unique Art Expressions said...

Gorgeous set off Tags. I love the heart flower vase!
Thank you for your entry at UniqueArtExpressions.
Have a great day!
Hugs Rachelle
https://uniqueartexpressions.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Sue Jackson said...

What a wonderful trio of Valentine's Day tags. I love to use faux stitching as well. I think the one with the hearts and buttons is my favorite. Thank you for playing along with us at MMM for my three of anything theme. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Three lovely love tags
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Maria Valente said...

This is stunning! Thank you for sharing at MMMChallenge blog.
Hugs

Andree said...

A fabulous trio of tags. The cute retro images, faux stitching and eye catching colours are all wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely set of sewing themed tags Aimeslee. Fabulous background and stamps on the one you shared at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

crafty said...

Lovely tags. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Carole J said...

A gorgeous collection of tags, Amy.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge with your wonderful project! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool tags!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CUT IT UP challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Nancy said...

Such fun tags, Aimeslee! That Valentine one is adorable! Thanks very much for joining us at Unique Art Expressions! :o)