Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Ho Ho Ho Santa

 Hey there. Hope everyone is well.
This is not turning out to be a good week for us. We found out yesterday we won't get the generator install until the 22nd. Apparently the contractor overpromised us on when they could do their part. We're just praying now they don't put us off any longer than that! And now our internet is acting up again, so I'm reminded of that saying, Life is what happens when you are busy making plans.
😒
My brain is mush right now so I've been concentrating on eating right, exercising, sleeping good and making some Christmas cards using my bits and bobs stash. I found the dry embossed green mat and the My Favorite Things Ho Ho Ho die cut negative in my box. What can I make with these?
And the challenge was on, lol, such as it was.
 

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but I resized it to A7, flipped it horizontally, then rotated it to landscape. This was so I could add the big Santa.
I used a corner punch on the red piece. I got out some images from an A.T.C. Collection Christmas pack and fussy cut them. I adhered the Santas to the 3 O's underneath their openings. Those are the apertures. The green bottom layer was embossed with an A7 Darice Stripes embossing folder. The big white circle was die cut with a Spellbinders die. I die cut the 3 H's again out of white card and added back into their negative spaces, carefully letting Santa's arm extend over the middle H. I added 3 enamel dots to the corner and ran a white gel pen around the inside perimeter of the O's.
For the inside sentiment I stamped a Technique Junkies sentiment in a red ink that was not dark enough, so I ended up colored it in with a dark red colored pencil. Then I colored the greenery and bow with Sakura glitter gel pens.
On the backside: The other side of this SEI paper has green and red circles that would have gone better with the front...had I not put my adhesive on the wrong side! I did add a little skinny strip of it under the Spellbinders die cut siggie and that strip should have much wider, lol. Oh well, Life will go on!
I did enjoy making something out of the Ho Ho Ho die cut negative, but I'm also glad there's only one! I've now taken apart the die and have promised myself to throw any future negatives away, no more saving! 
One experiment is enough, lol.
And also one more Christmas card done!
Have a great day and thanks for the visit, XOX.

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Colum O: Rectangle / Free / Dry Embossing

17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you used the sketch, with lots of lovely images, details, and an all round Christmas card Aimes. Lovely texture too.
Faith x

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, love all of the Christmas cards you made, I'm sure you had fun changing your bits and bobs into such lovely cards, well done! I am so sorry that the generator can't be installed yet, I know how the heat is affecting you. We have had 10 days of cool temperatures, rain, storms, and even hail this afternoon, and it's not over yet....The Rhine and the streams are all rather full, but I pefer the rain to the excessive heat. Look after yourself, take it easy, hugs, Valerie

Mynn xx said...

This is such a fabulous card! I LOVE the vintage feel with all those retro Santas! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Cathie w said...

very very cutethank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Challenges,

Alyson Mayo said...

Ho Ho Ho - love the Santa with his bag slung over his shoulder. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, I am sorry about the troubles you’re having with the contractor. It’s good to keep busy stamping though. And you’ve created so many lovely cards here! We’re so glad that you joined us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges, and hope to see you again real soon!

Bethie said...

Getting well prepared for Christmas I see. Lovely. Colouring in Merry Christmas looks gorgeous. One of my favourite stamps. I'm sorry to hear about your generator. Xo

My name is Erika. said...

You have the best paper layering and paper designs Aimeslee. I like the texture of the green and the corners on the red. And I like how even though you used red and green, they aren't the traditional shades. Fun backside too. I love how your motivated to make holiday cards even in this summer heat. Smile. hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

WOW! What a FABULOUS design ... I simply LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

craftytrog said...

Sorry to hear about your internet problem and the generator delay Aimeslee, hope it's all sorted soon.
I love your beautiful festive card!
Hugs,
Alison

Lisa said...

Great use of that sketch and super cute Christmas cards.

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

createwithchristopher.blogspot.com said...

What a great card sketch that you used! I'm going to give it a try! Thank you for joining our Crafty Gals Corner Challenge!!
-CGC DT Christopher

Deborah Wheeler said...

Another fab card, Aimeslee - what a brilliant way to use up your scraps and pieces! Gret to see you again in the Sparkles Christmas in July Challenge
Deborah DT

Rachel said...

Way to use up those bits and pieces-and get a Christmas card done too! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog!

Helen said...

Great card - love how you put the Santa images under the letter O!

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

Helen x
DT