Monday, July 31, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas

 Happy Monday, hope all is well in your world.
My muse must be on holiday or a lazy strike, it's been really hard to get enthused lately. So, I'm going to work on making a few Christmas cards using stuff in my bits and bobs stash. This Sheena Douglass embossing folder dry-embossed card front was in there so I pulled it out to use. I colored the sky with a Promarker, added some gel pen snow flakes in the sky, then played around with my new Deco Art Glossy Snow Writer to add snowdrifts to  the rooftops and street. After that dried, I layered the embossed card front onto a blue SU card mat the same shade of blue as the sky and added the glitter ribbon trim and round sentiment, which was stamped and heat-embossed, die cut with a Spellbinders circle die and then accented with glitter gel pens. Then that went onto a white A7 card base.
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
Stamplorations stamped sentiment inside...
Spellbinder siggie die and SU blue card on back...
And angled shot to show the glitter and shine.
My intention was to have a mostly white card front with some monochromatic blue.
The gold accents were due to the ribbon I chose.
This embossing folder is one of those that I'm not that in love with, but I'll try it one more time coloring it with pencils maybe. Or maybe just use colored card stock. My hand feels crampy just thinking about coloring that, lol.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Column O: Rectangle / Free / Dry Embossing
PEACE

10 comments:

craftytrog said...

That's a gorgeous card Aimeslee!
I hope your weather is cooler.
Happy new week.
Alison

Cheryl W said...

I love all the glitz and glitter on your holiday card! Yay, you, for getting one done so far ahead of time! Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

My name is Erika. said...

I have that same embossing folder. It's an oldie but a goodie. I know what you mean about getting enthused. I think for me it was the heat, and that could be even more true for you. But I am starting to think about more art, and the summer crazies seems to wind down come August. If that makes any sense. I do like your card Aimeslee, and I hope you get your mojo back soon. Hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimes, it doesn't look like you have been in the doldrums with your stamping. It's a lovely card and embossing folder.
Faith x

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at C4Galz P is for Peace challenge. I love the way you added all these layer for your creation!

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, I just love a snowy day and this card perfectly captures that! I love the embossing and the snowdrifts. Thank you so much for participating with us at Christmas BINGO Challenges! We really appreciate you and your beautiful work!

Lisa said...

Wonderful emboss folder and terrific addition of the sparkle too.

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Cazro said...

A stunning card, the technique stands out. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz. love Caz. DT.

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is amazing Aimeslee! I really like that embossing folder. I've not seen it before. It's fabulous. Hope you get some heat relief as well my friend.