Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Christmas Fairies and Gnomes

 Hey, Everyone.
Hope your Tuesday's treating you well.
I'm here with a set of Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) that I made for a fantasy theme.
My mind conjured up different ways to go but my first thought was fairies and gnomes, so that's what I've used. I need to beef up my Christmas and Valentine display art, so I chose Christmas this time. These will hang from my Tim Carrousel in my art corner.
I have a large assortment of pre-cut ATC blanks in different colors, so I chose green, navy blue and winter white card bases. Then I used various fairy stamps from Lavinia, Polkadoodles gnome stamps from Creative Stamping Magazine Issue 102 and Colorado Craft gnome stamps from Issue 115 to stamp backgrounds and scenes. I also used pine tree branch stamps from Issue 101. I hardly ever use these kinds of stamps and it's a shame, really, because I have a bunch of them.
On the green card, I stamped a Christmas tree background with the pine branch stamps and Rain Forest Versafine Clair ink. I edged the card with a Pine Promarker. I stamped the fun-loving Polkadoodles gnomes with Nocturne Versafine Clair, fussy-cut it and colored it up with Zig Clean Color Markers. I accented the image with my glitter markers. Then I ink-blended a piece of white card with the Green Versafine Clair and cut 3 pine branches using Tim's Holiday Greens, securing at the top. I slid the top stem of the ornament under the top branch so that it appears that they are swinging from it.
😍
For this one, I used the navy blue card base and stamped Lavinia stamps in Versamark, then heat-embossed with white powder. On a scrap of white card, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat-embossed it with navy powder, then trimmed it down and popped it up with foam tape. I die cut some Rubbernecker tiny flowers with silver mirror card and scattered them in the trees, adding some smooth silver disc dots on the flower centers. Then I drew stars at the top with a white gel pen and went to town dotting and spotting the sky and trees using my glitter markers and gel pens.
I began this ATC with the winter white card base. I stamped a Hero Arts funky tree with Versafine Clair ink and colored it with the Zigs. Then I accented with a gold glitter gel pen. I colored the bottom white  snowy ground with a colored pencil and then a white Wink of Stella. I stippled the sky with Storm Sky Distress ink and then used a white gel pen to draw snowflakes all over. On white card, I stamped a little Papertrey Ink present and the Colorado Craft gnome girl and colored with the Zigs and the glitter markers. The poinsettia plant is a very old Sizzix Strip die cut, also colored the same way. I taped down the little present under the tree, then popped up the plant and the gnome girl using the foam tape. Lastly, I ran a Cornflower Blue Promarker around the card perimeter.
Final look. I enjoyed the challenge of figuring out what to make and then finding small enough materials to use! 
😁
Thanks for the visit and God Speed to all of my Florida friends in the path of Hurricane Idalia.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:

15 comments:

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing collection of ATCs. I'm so impressed on what you were able to create starting with the three ATC backgrounds. Incredible. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

brenda said...

Such a sweet collections of ATS's Aimeslee, you don't mention which one is your entry but still lovely to see you at We Love Stamping challenge again.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three fabulous ATCs, so sparkling and shining! Love especially the blue one with the fairies!
Thanks so much for joining us again at We Love Stamping!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee, I love these ATC's! They're so cute. I love how you combined fairies with Christmas. I've never thought to do that before. Hope you're having a good day.

Carla's Cards said...

These are fabulous holiday ATCs!

Unique Art Expressions said...

Adorable ATCs!
Thank you for your entry at UniqueArtExpressions.
Hugs Rachelle
https://uniqueartexpressions.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Such a beautiful trio of ATCs, Aimeslee! The backgrounds are awesome, and I love the tiny focal elements. You seem to have really enjoyed making them!! :-)

Alyson Mayo said...

Cute collection of ATG Cards - I think the blue and white one is my favourite! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas and MTTCC :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful work Aimes, love the background on each with those fab characters. A Wonderful selection.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Super cute ATC cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your ATCs. Makes me feel sad that I haven't made any or swapped in a super long time. The gnomes are just so full of cuteness and the other is so elegant. Love you 😍

samantha's cards said...

Such a delightful trio of christmas cards, thanks for joining us at THAIC.

Christin said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing at DigiChoosday! Christin

Nancy said...

Great ATCs, Aimeslee! Thanks so much for joining us at Unique Art Expressions!

Fabiola said...

très jolie et élégante création Aimeslee, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenges, biz