Monday, August 28, 2023

Witch's Brew

 Hello!
Hope all is well with you.
We finally got some rain last night. It wasn't much but it sure was exciting!
I've got a 4x6 Artist Post Card (APC) to display at Halloween in my little art corner. I had painted 2 chipboard bases with the black acrylic paint and used one of those for my Valentine APC last week. I had also stamped an extra Artistic Outpost medicine bottle, so I've used them both on this piece. For the next layer on the black chipboard, I adhered 2 scraps of designer patterned paper together and then cut that out with a Penny Black Antique Frame die.
On that layer, at the top, I added a color of scrap card stock that nicely matched the color I'd made the "medicine" (a dark brownish red). I cut it with a drippy border die that was part of a 3-border set I got on Amazon. On that layer I added the sentiment cut with Quickutz alpha dies out of orange card stock.
The medicine bottle was colored with watercolor brush markers and a Gecko Galz label was printed, fussy-cut and glued on. The Sheepski coffee cup from Coffee and Cake 1-2-3 was resized in PSE, printed out on white card, fussy-cut and colored with watercolor markers, Promarkers and colored pencil. I also created the smaller sentiments in PSE as well. I cut those out with deco scissors after stippling Peeling Paint Distress ink on them, and then ran a Promarker around them before adhering.
And done. My idea for this was: imagine your new neighbor asked you over for a chat and as you're sitting at her kitchen table, she tells you she's a witch and offers you some of her signature coffee. Then, you see the bottle of poison she forgot to hide.
EEK!
😱
Thanks for visiting and have a great start to your week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Halloween and Humor
Halloween Festival at Disneyland Paris

17 comments:

Sabine said...

beautiful postcard, thanks for joining this challenge

Valerie-Jael said...

Oooooh, what a beautifully, scary card, love it. I won't be visiting any neighbours in the Halloween days, that's for sure! Glad you got some rain! Have a good week, take care, sleep well. I need an early night tonight. Hugs, Valerie

meg said...

What a fun take on the challenge theme,love the witch's brew,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Darlene said...

Very cool card creation my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Anita said...

It's nice that you had rain--any amount of it is welcome after a heat spell! I love the Halloween vibes of your APC, and the setting/story for your project was hilarious!

Jocelyn said...

What a great card for Halloween. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

That's a clever way to show a witch's brew. I don't think I'd want to drink that coffee with the poison bottle next to it. Grin. I've started making some Halloween pieces too. I'm not a creepy person but it is fun to play creepy one season of the year. Hope you get a little more rain, or maybe a lot of rain but certainly not flooding rain. :) hugs-Erika

Carol said...

I love the story behind the artwork. I love it when there is a story. Beautifully created as always.
So pleased Honey liked his card. Do you mind if I show it on my blog?
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Anonymous said...

This is so Fabulous!!!!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful card and story Aimes, such dun and scary whooooha!
As for your rain, I'll send some of ours! Our day started off sunny and then it rains AGAIN! Enjoy your week and I hope Arfur didn't come with the rain.
Faith x

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool!! I need to get a move on with my holiday card making.

Pamela said...

I've never heard of Artist Postcards but I like the idea of making things to put on display in my own home - cards get sent to other people to enjoy. I love Halloween and your make is brilliant!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Sari / Granne said...

What a creepy fun cards, must be carefull with your neighbors, LOL. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry. Granne DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Lisa :) said...

Such a fabulous, creative piece!!

Lisa said...

Love this fun halloween themed card. Really great layering.

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our HALLOWEEN CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Dawn Phillips said...

That's a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x