Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Time!

 Hello, Blogging Friends!
Another month has come and gone and it's the 15th again...
That means a new monthly challenge at:

Here's our optional Inspiration Mood Board, but Anything Goes Flowers/Florals must be the focal point of your creation - that's why we call it Beautiful Blossoms!
And here's my Design Team make. I used the mood board for the sunflowers and the colors yellow and blue. I used Sheepski's gorgeously drawn Sunflower Border digital image, printing out on Springhill Digital card and using my colored pencils to color the entire image. I then used a Promarker to go over the sky's penciling. (I figured if people use a colorless alcohol blender marker to smooth out penciling, then a colored marker might do the same, and it definitely does!) 
I applied Cinnamon Stickles to the sunflower center heads and edged the card front perimeter with a brown Promarker. Then I used Versafine Clair Pinecone ink to stamp the Practicing Creativity and Uniko sentiments. I laid some fibers across the card front in an X shape, threading a sunflower charm through them before adhering. I sent this to my dear blog friend Beth because she loves sunflowers.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch but moved the X a bit more to the center as I thought it went better with my focal image.
And final view. I love the deep blue sky against those yellow flowers!

I hope you can find time to enter our challenge.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Flowers
Flowers in a field, color yellow

27 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Those beautiful sunflowers really stand out against the blue sky background. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

Your trick with the Promarker really worked! A great card with a summery feeling.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, this is a gorgeous field of Sunflowers and I love to see coloring with Pencils! Thanks for creating such a lovely team project for The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.
Donna xx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a gorgeous cARD; Aimeslee, and blue and yellow are always a wonderful combination. I love Sunflowers, I have some in my vas here just now. Have a great day, keep as cool as you can, hugs, Valerie

Darlene said...

Beautiful blooms my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons & Triple B Challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Alyson Mayo said...

Where have I been that I missed so many of your posts? I love these sunflowers - such a great field of them! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Aimeslee, love those bright happy sunflowers against the blue sky.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous sunflower field Aimeslee!! Sunflowers are one of my favorites and you have done them justice. Hope the install has gone well today.

Becca S said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog post describing the steps and supplies used! Such a cheery card! Will bring sunshine to anyone's day! Thanks for including your countryside topic at FarmQuest General Store! --Becca/FQGS

brenda said...

A lovely sunny field of Sunflowers, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Carol said...

Great colouring and the Stickles were the perfect touch.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Makira said...

OH NO!!!! 😱I can't believe you've been without electricity! 🫕No electricity in this heat???? If you are only wilted you are doing fabulous!🥶 Cool off my friend! 🎨🌈❤️xox Makira

craftytrog said...

Beautiful sunflowers!
Hope you're having a good week Aimeslee.
Alison x

Anita said...

Those are really gorgeous sunflowers, Aimeslee! And they look great against the blue sky. I love the little charm that you've added--so cute!! :-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A colourful and lovely card Aimes, a lovely sentiment too. I love the blue background too, it looks a happy sunny day card.
Faith x

My name is Erika. said...

Who doesn't love a sunflower, never mind a whole row of them/ And I love the twine addition. Plus it's a great card for this season right now. Yahoo for sunflowers. I like how you even snuck in the charm too. hugs-Erika

Rachel said...

Oooohhhh....I love sunflowers! Great card and I really like the tip about using a marker over colored pencil! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog!

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous sunflower stamp and great colroing too.

Annie H said...

Lovely card in those bright colours, the fibers are a beautiful addition.
Thanks for playing along with ‘kleuren met potloden’, succes.
Annie DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colouring and a beautiful image of sunflowers
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we appreciate the support!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

kel Acopan said...

Hello fellow BB teamie! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The FarmQuest General Store!

lovies, =o) kel
FQGS DT

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

I love sunflowers, and these are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options.

Sara Lihz
@SassysLLC

Carole J said...

Gorgeous sunflower card, Amy, with beautiful colouring. The fibres add a lovely touch.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Michelle Peckham said...

Pretty 🌻 Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Ellibelle said...

Lots of beautiful sunflowers on this pretty card!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful sunflower card Aimeslee

Thanks for join us at
kleurenmetpotloden.blogspot.com DT Member
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Karin