Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Wish Big Dotty Birthday

 Hey there, hope everyone is keeping cool.
I do think I'm beginning to struggle with "heat depression", if there is such a thing.
I think there is, maybe like a type of Seasonal Affective Mood Disorder.
I keep fighting it though, not giving into it and letting it weigh me down.
But it's trying to!
If this is happening to you, just know you aren't alone.
I'm just plugging away on birthday cards I've planned and gathered supplies for.
For this card, I combined a digital scene from The Paper Shelter with a birthday layer cake digi from Beccy's Place. (Both are linked below in the challenge links.) 
The only elements that I colored (with Promarkers) were the balloons and the stamped six-point stars (colored with gold gel-pen). Everything else is pre-colored digitals.
I fussy-cut the cake and layered it onto the scene, which fades out on the other side of the soda fountain counter she's seated at, so I thought it was a great place to add it. I added the Beccy's Happy Birthday sentiment before printing out, but stamped the Uniko Wish Big sentiment after the card was assembled. I found some KI Memories lavender card that matches the cake perfectly so that's my base layer and then I framed the scene with some black card. 
Hero Arts stamped sentiments inside...
On the back, more of the lavender card and a Spellbinders die cut siggie cut from white card.
A close-up to show the six-point gold stars and the balloon die cuts with white gel pen strings. I also dotted the dress and added accent curves to the balloons with the white gel pen.
And a final, angled view to show the white and glitter gel pen work.
👀
Thanks for visiting and have a good week.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I used TPS Rockabilly digi image.
The big layered cake is a pre-colored digi from Beccy's Make A Wish set
The balloons are die cuts
I have LOTS of different dots on this card front!
3 gold six-point stamped stars and image background has vertical stripes
I like and use both, but when I use a pre-colored digi image scene like I have here, I almost always layer it with plain papers/card stocks so as to keep the eye on the image.
Order a birthday cake delivered to 
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at WDW Beach Resort

28 comments:

Lori Podolsky said...

What a sweet and creative card you've created, Aimeslee! Thank you for playing along on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope to see you soon, and good luck. Lori - DT

Carol said...

I thought I recognised the cake when I saw it. I have it too and it looks delicious. I love all the other bits you have added.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Julie Reed said...

Great layout and a lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Shelter this week.
Julie DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, even the last side is fabulous! Love the huge birthday cake, and the lovely colours. Yes, too.much heat is not good for people or the world in general! Look after yourself,hugs, Valerie

Beccy said...

I'm sorry to hear the heat is getting you down Aimeslee, I know people here often find summer exhausting. My SIL has a special towel that stays cool when wet... even if you pour boiling water on it! She keeps it around her neck during the worst days of summer and finds it very helpful.
You've done a brilliant job combining the digital stamps on your card, it's fabulous! I love all the bright and happy colours, and all the little elements you added. Very festive.
Cheers,
Beccy

#rockymtncraftia said...

Aimeslee, I am with you and done with the heat! Good thing we have cardmaking to occupy our minds! I love this card! I have the same TPS image and love how you layered the birthday cake in! Just fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter.
Tia-DT

Kate said...

Absolutely delightful card Aimeslee! Love the images, the papers and especially how you've put them all together! I'm so glad you could join us at 613 The Avenue Create!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Brenda said...

What a fun birthday scene youʻve created Aimeslee. I do hope it cools off for you. I lived in Tx many years and have many friends that are practically baking there. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at AYLI Challenge this fortnight!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have combined the images and sentiment Aimes, a very lovely card, love the purple too. As for the heat, we are waiting for some more, we have had rain and lower temperatures, although we are promised more heat for July. Just as well we are retirees hahaha
Keep your pecker up
Hugs
Faith x

Lynda said...

Such a fun and colourful birthday card - thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous card Aimeslee!
I hope the weather cools down for you soon.
Hugs,
Alison

Anita said...

Having recently been through a boiling summer, I can relate to your current low energy phase, Aimeslee! Hope the weather gets to comfortable levels soon. I love the pink/purple/lavender theme of your card--and you know, I'd love a huge cake in front of me too, haha!

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create hugs x

Cindy C. said...

Fun card indeed!! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is such a fun card! I really love it my friend. Yes, I agree with you. Heat depression must be a thing because I'm feeling it too. Try to stay cool my friend.

Jocelyn said...

A really sweet card and I love the decoration on the back of the card too. Your cards are always finished off so nicely. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

I'm in catch up mode. I believe there is such a thing as heat depression. There is certainly rain depression. I think many of us here in the northeast have that. So much for summer this year. It's either be inside due to water or inside due to heat or both for some. I think your Christmas in JUly card is cute (well maybe not the snow-smile!), and that is sure one big and fun birthday cake in your birthday cake post.Stay cool. hugs-Erika

Lisa said...

Great combination of images on this very lovely card. Lots of wonderful layers and terrific job with the fussy cutting too.

Pamela said...

What a great birthday card - I love it!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely birthday cake, no wonder she looks surprused, great birthday card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee Your birthday card is fabulous. Very colorful! Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny'd Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Arlene said...

What a fun card. The gal is so cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the Birthday challenge.

foleysfriend said...

Super fun birthday card. Loving all the elements you chose to put together to create this amazing birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

This is a very fun birthday card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge. Barb Housner

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful with lots of great details and pretty colors! Perfect for my sweet treats theme at I spy with my little eye, thank you so much for playing along with us!

Pauline C said...

Lots of fab detail on this card Aimslee and a lucious looking cake! Thanks so much for joining in with I Spy With My Little Eye challenge.
Pauline xx