Thursday, June 22, 2023

Warm Summery Colors Birthday Card

 Hello, blogging friends!
Hope you've been surviving the week.
We had a thunderstorm last night with slow soaking rain and breezes!
I've not been so thankful for something in a good while. 
It cooled things down long enough to enjoy.
Of course temps are back up but we may get some more this afternoon.
At least it's a change.
So, the heat's apparently been affecting my color choices as I'm usually drawn to the cool combos, because I woke up wanting to use some warm colors to make this mixed media birthday card. It's for someone special who likes Stamplorations stamps, so I've used them for all but the circles going up the left side of the card front, which is a very old Leave Memories stamp that I thought looked like a stepping stone or a peace symbol, interesting either way to my mind.  
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design. I saw the circles as a path of round stepping stones and I decided to add 3 butterflies and 3 birds.
 I began the card front with watercolor paper, stamping the circles with a light yellow Pale Ochre Ranger archival ink. Then I stamped the birds on the branch with the same ink and let dry well. I knew that the Big Brush pens are India ink like the Archival, so I colored in the branch and then the birds with the Big Brush pens. I then stamped the wish sentiment with Orange Versafine Clair and the BIG with Red Versafine. Let dry. Colored in the Big with a yellow Nuvo Watercolor brush pen. Next, I stamped the butterflies with Versamark and heat-embossed them with a mix of sparkle, orange and red embossing powders. Stippled yellow Distress Inks all around, added 5 flat sequins and edged it all around with a Big Brush pen. I then adhered it to a bright orange SU A7 card base.
Inside, I stamped the Stamplorations sentiments with the orange Versafine Clair on a piece of parchment paper.
The watercolor card I put on the back was in my stash. I stamped the Stamplorations stamp with Versamark and heat-embossed with vintage pearl powder, then drew a horizon line. It's not very realistic and way too dark, but: I needed the same weight layer as on the front and it's the back, so. The colors matched ok. I originally brayered on some ink from one of those Ranger Jumbo Rainbow pads I'd bought 20 years ago and then realized the ink had turned to brown. I tried adding the red and yellow with crayons, but was actually too lazy to fix it further. It is what it is.
๐Ÿ˜•
This heat is making me lazy(er).
๐Ÿ˜Š
Close up to show the heat-embossing on the butterflies. I don't know what came over me to mix the powders, but it's very textural. I used the watercolor pens to color them in. They are graffiti-filled and not symmetrically patterned.
And final look.
๐Ÿ‘€
Thanks for visiting and stay cool and comfortable if you can!
It's supposed to be even worse next week.
I may spend it nekked.
๐Ÿ˜ฑ
XXO 

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I used the photo's colors
Warm and sunny colors
I used red and yellow

29 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness Aimeslee. You are really on fire. This is another stunning card. It is lovely and a really nice birthday card. It is also ideal for Try it on Tuesday's Birds and/or Feather's theme, too. Thanks for sharing it.

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful, the warm and sunny colors are a perfect choice for the design! I totally understand how excited you were about the rain. It's been a very dry spring here too, it only rained once in several weeks and my garden needs it desperately. It's unusual for Illinois not to rain in the spring but I can imagine you must be used to it in Texas. Hope you get a few more nice breezes and rain!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge as well as at I spy with my little eye!

brenda said...

Such a colourful summery card, many thanks for joining us again at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for sharing this vibrant and pretty card with us at We Love Stamping this month Aimeslee. Love your mixed embossing powders, they give a wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Donna Phelan said...

Great use of that Sketch. Such pretty colors and beautiful butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Color challenge. Donna, DT Member.

My name is Erika. said...

Those colors definitely remind me of summer warmth. And I really like the mixed effect of the embossing powders. I am going to remember that one. This really is a pretty summer card, and I like the birds -they're perfect for TIOT. Thanks for joining us. I'm hoping to find more art time soon because this week became really crazy! (Next week doesn't look much better-growl). I hope you are staying cool and having a lovely week. hugs-Erika

Makira said...

๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿงก Wow! This is truly remarkable! Your incredible artistic skills have beautifully transformed the sketch into a vibrant masterpiece, incorporating the delicate beauty of butterflies and the harmonious allure of circles. The choice of warm colors such as orange, yellow, and brown adds an elegant touch to the artwork. Your continued support for Park Hopping My Happy Place is deeply appreciated. Thank you for continuously bringing joy and inspiration to all of us! Stay cool! xoxo Makira

Donna Walls said...

Glad to hear your rain cooled things down a bit. It's Summertime in the South so it's drenching rain with humidity every day here. This is a great sketch and your design, with those lovely butterflies and warm colors is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and inspiring us with your card.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Dena J said...

Bright and bold summer color! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful card Aimeslee! I love the birds and butterflies.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Your card is fabulous, dear Aimeslee, and I love the warm colours you used, and the beautiful and varied stamps, great! I have had a busy day and now I'm tired and hungry, so I need to see if I can find something still edible in my fridge! Hugs, Valerie

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! Love the bold orange color! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

Becca S said...

Thanks for thinking of FQGS for your stepping stones garden inspired card! With butterflies and birds, too! I like the warm color choices which make me think of hot summery days or even sunsets! Terrific! --Becca

Diane said...

A beautifully designed card, perfection in the combining of the stamps, they all work so well together, love the pretty colors too and the mix of colors for the butterflies is gorgeous!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Diane said...

Me again, thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Double D!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Lisa said...

Great use of that sketch with these wonderful images. This card is so happy with the colors you used. I love that you decorated the back too. Oh now I need to rethink my cards too as I never even thought about decorating the backs of them. That is just brilliant and brings it up a level.

Laurie said...

Such nice bright colors! Love the birds and butterflies. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Mrs.B said...

A great birthday card Aimeslee, love the colours, those little birds on the branch are so sweet.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back in to say Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge too!
Donna xx

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute with the birds at the side - different colour scheme for you!

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is awesome my friend! LOVE how you combined the birds & butterflies! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge as well as many of our other challengs! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, I love your choice of colours. and the mix of butterflies and birds. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

wonderful card, love all the different elements on the front.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. Barb Housner

Kate said...

What a lovely card Aimeslee - I adore the warm colours you've used! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create, so happy you came to play on our street!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Mia said...

Thank you so much for joining our birds/feathers challenge at TIOT. Your card is simply gorgeous. Hope you join us again for the next challenge.
Regards,
Mia (DT TIOT)

Deborah Wheeler said...

Those colours are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge
Deborah DT

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT


Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! The images and colors just ooze summer! Perfectly done. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the sunny colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x