Sunday, June 25, 2023

Father Time Tag

 Happy Sunday, y'all.
Hope you're having a nice weekend.
This tag has been on my list to make but I didn't get to it in time for this Father's Day, so I've got it for next year. The base is a two-layer tag die from Heartfelt Creations. The top layer's die cut has been embossed using a TH Sizzix folder Pocket Watches. The paper I embossed was a sheet of Black Magic Core'dinations card stock with a blue core. After embossing, I took a long thick nail file and sanded it to bring out the blue core. 
The digitally printed image is from a Gecko Galz collage sheet and was fussy-cut. I added some skinny house washi tape to the bottom of the tag. At top is a clock charm and a Sizzix TH moustache die cut. The sentiment is Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alpha stickers and an Impression Impression moustache die. Also used an I/O pipe die cut and played around with enamel dot pipe smoke, lol. I clip my tags on a carrousel so I really have no use with punched holes and ribbon at top.
One last look.
👀
I'd say it ended up better than I thought it would, so I'm happy.
The nail file worked well and the embossed background really stands out.
I chose Father Time for the sentiment as a sort of double entendre.
It makes me chuckle.
😍
I thank you for dropping by and hope you have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I used an image from the Retro-Spect collage sheet (no longer sold)
I used yellow and blue
I like Father's Day to honor my husband
The 2-layer tag and both moustaches are die cuts

19 comments:

Diane said...

A creatively fun tag, how clever with the moustache!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane DD and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, happy Sunday. I just wrote a long comment and then it disappeared, I hate it when that happens! I love your beautiful tag and all of its great details. The sanding turned out really well, great idea. And the double meaning of the title is a lovely idea. And last but not least, thanks so much for linking to Wendy's challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! It's very hot and humid today, I wish we had some AC! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

The embossed background looks great, and I love that vintage image. And you were clever adding that little mustache at the top. I like how it doesn't scream at you but fits perfectly. It is a super tag Aimeslee. I'm hoping for some art time. I blew yesterday off as I watched TV all afternoon while it rained. It felt wonderful to relax though. Have a great end of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Alyson Mayo said...

That dad with the kids is a vintage image, for sure! Love the tag :)

crafty-stamper said...

Great layered masculine tag love the moustashes and sanded embossing.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

OMG this is so cool! Great job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Can You Handle the Pressure
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Heather said...

What a fun tag!! The embossed background is fabulous and the mustache is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Jackie C said...

We are delighted you chose to share your creation with us at Cut It Up!
Please do come back again!
All the best, Jackie DT xxx

Anita said...

Love the card, Aimeslee--especially the moustaches! :-) Also, neat trick with the nail file--the background is just awesome.

WendyK said...

A gorgeous tag for my theme on Tag Tuesday and a lovely one for fathers day next year. Thank you for linking to TT.

Birgit said...

This is brilliant and so fun! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Chrissy said...

A fabulous non Birthday tag, love it..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the vintage image!
Alison

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

What a cool card design! I love the vintage look! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a wonderful Father's Day tag, Aimeslee! The images and details are perfectly done. I love sanding paper to bring out the texture, too! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

cm said...

This is one very, very cool vintage-themed tag! You've inspired me to try embossing/sanding with Core-dinations papers. Hope my results are as amazing as yours. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol

Ginny said...

fabulous, thanks for joining us at FnF this week :)

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the way you've distressed the background. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Helen said...

Another great tag - love your embossed background.


Thanks for joining us at the Scribbles Designs Challenge.

Helen x
DT