Monday, June 19, 2023

Con-GRAD-ulations Card

Howdy and happy new week.
Hope all is well with you.
The youngest of my nieces and nephews graduates high school this week. I feel old thinking about it, lol. I used the front of the graduation invitation and multiple die cuts for the front of his card. The grad cap is a Lawn Fawn stamp and die colored with a blue Promarker and gold Posca paint pen on a gold square cut using a Spellbinders die, the year was cut using Avery Elle alpha/numbers dies, the BHHS was cut using QK dies on a gold seal cut using an Avery Elle die. I like how the paper stripes visually connect the graduation motifs of cap and seal. The year would have stood out better had I used the gold paper but I didn't have enough scraps. Maybe I should have colored the numbers blue? Oh well.
 
I also used this sketch for my layout design, resizing it in PSE to an A9 size.
The school colors are blue and gold, so I used designer papers I'd bought more than a few years ago at a local scrapbooking shop. They had papers for every high school in our area. My nephew is the 6th in our families to graduate from this school, so only scraps are left of this paper! I used a Marvy Uchida corner punch on all those paper layer cuts. I found the gold paper in my scraps stash drawer. In a few of the photos, it looks coppery because of the way the light hit it, but it's gold.
Inside, I made a pocket for his gift card on left. On right, I stamped the sentiments and image from a Technique Junkies stamp set using Versafine Clair ink.
And on back more of the papers and my siggie.
Final view.
👀
I hope he likes it. I know he will like the gift card.
Money is a teenager's universal language, after all.
😎
Thanks for the visit and I hope your week is starting off well.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
Celebrating youth milestone achievements positively with recognition and congratulations
Patterns: Punched corners, Stripes, Circles
Swirls in the focal image
Gem of a Challenge Week 12
Focal image has eagle (school mascot)
School graduations in my family are favorite times, to gather together and celebrate the accomplishment of a loved one.
Eagle mascot in focal image is flying

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, your card is wonderful, and I'm sure the new Grad will be very happy with the card and the gift! Congratulations from me to the young man, too! Have a wonderful week, hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A fabulous graduation card Aimeslee!
Have a great week yourself.

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you used the front of the invitation and how it has a bird on it. It's perfect for TIOT. Thanks for joining us. And it is quite a handsome graduation card. Don't feel too old because the youngest of all my nieces and nephews is now 26, and everyone else is over 30. Time goes too fast. Stay cool. Hugs-Erika

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful graduation card! I really love the details and great layering. Yes, gift cards are a teen's love language just as stamps are ours! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

ahlers5 said...

This is a beautiful graduation card. The elemens you added definitely made this special.

ScrappyHorses said...

Great card full of wonderful patterns and such a great grad design! Love the gift card holder on the inside as well as the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome card! I love it!! I love all of the different elements you added. Congratulations to your niece for graduation.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is a perfect graduation card and I love the work on the inside and out of the card. So personalized too. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Aimes! What a gorgeous grad card! The colors are spectacular, and such a strong mix for a masculine recipient. I especially like the way you have layered you papers for the sketch. May your nephew enjoy his new journey going forward! Thanks for sharing another of your masterpieces with the rest of us! hugs, de

Helen said...

What a wonderful idea to use the invitation on this gorgeous Grad card!!! Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Helen DT

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Anita said...

Love the card, Aimeslee! It's awesome that you bought papers with local high school colors--and you must be so glad to find usable pieces for this card. The gold makes the card shine!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, wow, wow. This is an absolutely imaginative and fabulous card for your graduating friend. I am in love with this beauty and it even has a bird that makes it perfect for TioT's birds and/or feathers theme. I love everything about it, even the incredible inside and the grad throwing his hat in the air (as we all did). People ask what to give a grad and I tell them the exact same thing you did. Give them a gift card or money. They would rather have that than anything you could buy them. Great choice and a nice gift holder, too.

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous card and such a clever way of making it. I'm sure the recipient will keep it as a treasured reminder of his graduation, Thanks so much for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Pat K said...

What an awesome graduation card. Great detail and I loved the school colours. Thank for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CUT IT UP challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lisa said...

Nicely done incorporating the graduation announcement to the card. This card will be treasured and remembered. I can't believe how fast time goes by. Many of my nieces and nephews have graduated and I only have a couple left. They grow up so fast.

Sarah said...

What a brilliant graduation card and a very clever idea to use the invitation too. Thank you for shring at AYLI. Sarah DT

Cazro said...

A stunning graduation card, loving the elements you included. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Deborah Wheeler said...

What a fab card! I'm sure your nephew loved it! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge
Deborah DT

cass said...

Great Grad card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our Anything Goes

laurie said...

Awesome grad card and I love the school colors. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Carole J said...

Your graduation card is a stunner, Amy. Love the stripes and dot patterns you chose for the background. He'll definitely be pleased with your generous gift card!
Thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity challenge with you project. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Carole DT x