Saturday, June 17, 2023

Hunter Birthday Card

 Hey there, hope everyone is managing to stay hydrated and cool in this heat.
😰
Well, I put my foot down and we are getting a whole house natural gas generator. I'm tired of the electricity going out and also fearing the aftermath of a hurricane more than the storm itself because of no a/c because of no power. Honey and I are too frugal for our own good sometimes and we can well afford it. So, the process has begun and will probably take 10-21 days. The best part is it can be unbolted and moved should we ever decide exactly where we want to move to buy or build our forever home. And until then, we're covered.
Today I'm sharing a birthday for one of my nephews who loves to hunt. He and his wife have also gotten into breeding hunting dogs. I can't have a favorite among my 6 nephews, but he's up there. I remember when he was a little boy, he wanted to be a highway patrolman and in my car he would always very politely tell me if I didn't come to a full stop when I was supposed to, lol. I quickly learned to drive by the book around him!
😍
 
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch 268 as my layout design, but I stretched it out in PSE to make the sketch in an A7 portrait orientation. The card base is SU and I used leftover strips of it to stamp and clear heat-emboss the Hero Arts and Avery Elle sentiments. 
 
The designer paper used throughout the card is from Colorbok's Sportsman 12x12 collection. I also used Karen Foster stickers and 3 red confetti circles from my stash.
 
I made mats using the Colorbok paper cut with Spellbinders Classic Labels dies. I used a Tonic corner punch and a hole punch on the elements that I couldn't die cut because of their size so that everything has those notched corners. I also edged all elements with a dark brown marker. 
I took one of the Colorbok sheets and spread it across the inside after I printed out sentiments on the right hand side that I created in PSE.
On back is more of the Colorbok paper and my siggie.
 
Close ups show the heat embossing on the sentiments.
And one last look.
👀
I really like how this one turned out and I think my nephew will, too.
Thanks for dropping by and stay cool this weekend!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
Spellbinders Classic Labels Dies
Spellbinders Classic Labels Dies
Spellbinders Classic Labels Dies
Hunter's Bullseye Pattern
Inspiration Station Challenge Prompt #49
Photo Colors/Outdoors/Circle shape/Birds
WDW Animal Kingdom

28 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

OK, we have this discussion in my house too frequently also. We have a generator that has about 25 steps to get it going. I refuse to do that. So if we lose power when the hubby is at work, I am plum out of luck. I suppose I could be brave and start the generator, but anything with electricity really does scare me. (Obviously not flipping a switch but having to do this and then that to get it going...yes).Good for you to finally get an automatic generator. One day I might win that argument here, or I'll eventually shell out the money myself, but like you it's not a matter of money but just being frugal. Grin.

And this hunter's card is really quite nice. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the title, but I like this masculine inspired care. Thanks for sharing it at TIOT also. I like it. And happy rest of your weekend also Aimeslee. Hugs-Erika
ps-good luck with the installation too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't live without my AC, but we used to be in the heart of Tornado Alley and now the tornadoes seem to have moved south. I applaud you for getting the new device that will cover you no matter the weather, Aimeslee.

This is a brilliant card. I am so in awe of the details you created, as well as the back looking just as beautiful as the front. This is a brilliant entry for Try it on Tuesday's latest theme.

Arlene said...

This card should be perfect for your nephew. Great masculine card. So glad you joined us this month of using critters at Die Cut Divas.

My Side of Oz said...

As one who has been through too many hurricanes and too many hot, miserable nights with no a/c I think you are very wise indeed! Love your card! It is perfect for the guys and so colorful! Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges this month! Nan, DT

Heather said...

Fabulous masculine card!! I'm sure your nephew will love it with all the personalized touches you added! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A Brilliant card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Donna Walls said...

I'm still having that argument here...and living in Florida, it only makes sense but when I mention it, I get a "huff". Every time our electricity flickers, I give him the side eye! My younger brother went on to become and retire from Law Enforcement. When we were kids, he used to try and direct traffic (all of us on our bikes). Your card is wonderful and I'm certain he will love it. Thanks for inspiring us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to your next entry.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back in to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday too!
Donna xx

craftytrog said...

A great male card!
No AC here, but we don't get high temps very often. That will change though as the earth warms up. Last summer was a stinker! Phew!

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge with your wonderful project. Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

ScrappyHorses said...

Great card for the outdoorsman! Wonderful images and such a fun layout design! Lots of patterns here; thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and sounds perfect for your Nephew,great B.paper and love the hunting images and how you showcased them.The only places with AC here are the shops lol.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love those hunting related papers and the notched corners are a great touch! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Becca S said...

Thanks, Aimeslee for being a loyal supporter of FQGS!! Wildlife including fowls are very welcomed here!! I love the outdoor nature themes. Our honorary son is a hunter and fisherman, so I need to create something like this for his birthday in 11 days!!! Your nephew is going to love this AND your thoughtfulness to his hobbies. Wonderful card! --Becca

Ellibelle said...

I don't blame you for finally getting a generator! The Illinois heat and humidity can be brutal I can't even imagine how it would be in Texas when you have no power for the AC!
Your card is fabulous! Love the sketch to show off all the elements! So great to see you playing along at I spy with my little eye! Thank you!!

anne said...

Great masculine card Aimeslee, I am sure that the hunter will love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CC-DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love it!! All of those designer paper elements are fantastic. The corner notches look great as well. Fortunately, we don't need a generator in my part of California. It would be nice for power outages during storms, or the summer heat waves, but in a mobile home, there's not many options here.

Joan said...

A great card,love all the different images. We would only need air con a few days here but our elect outages are usually in winter when it’s cold and dark, so miserable.

Thanks for joining in at Try it on Tuesday challenge

Makira said...

💚💚💚 this! Wow, what a great card! Eden and I were just talking about how you always decorate the back of your cards so nicely. We really appreciate the attention to detail and the fun it adds. Thank you for being such a great supporter of Park Hopping My Happy Place.Stay cool! Cheers, Makira

pearshapedcrafting said...

You have made the most wonderful card for your nephew. Thats a great sketch you used along with those lovely papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Chris said...

A beautifully designed card for your nephew, lovely images and papers. Thanks for playing along with our Use a Sentiment Challenge at Fab’n’ Funky
Chris
x

Lisa said...

Love the use of the sketch and wow you really have gone all out decorating the inside and outside of this card. Your nephew will love this.

Jackie C said...

Another fab entry!
We are delighted you chose to share your creation with us at Cut It Up!
Please do come back again!
All the best, Jackie DT xxx

laurie said...

Awesome card and such a great design! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Thanks for joining our stay crafty challenge with a blog named hero!

Furrbster said...

This is such a fab card!

Thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

k said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the details. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge. Kanan

Helen said...

A great card - love it!

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Fundays Challenge.

Helen x
DT