Thursday, June 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Time!

 Hi there, hope everyone is doing okay.
It's the 15th and time for a new challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
It's Anything Goes Flowers/Florals AS THE FOCUS of your make with this optional mood board provided for your inspiration. 
I used the mood board's colors and the irises as my inspiration.
And here is my design team inspiration for you. I created a 5x6 easel card.
I used this Sweet n Sassy Stamps set called Happy Irises. I had not yet used the silhouette stamps in the set, so I decided to try those.
I began by layering the DCWV patterned papers from their Floral Stack onto my white card base. Then I took a sheet of TH Distress Specialty Stamping paper and brayered it with Shaded Lilac and Milled Lavender Distress Inks for the background. Then I stamped the leaves and stems with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Ink and clear heat-embossed them. I stamped the irises with Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxides and clear heat-embossed them. I also stamped the irises on either side of the sentiment on the stop strip of the easel.
I must confess that this Tim Holtz color swatch that I had in my files was a great match with the mood board colors, so I used these ink shades. 
For my sentiments, I used stamps from this very old Cornish Heritage Farms set (no longer in business). I stamped with Monarch Versafine Clair ink and clear heat-embossed.
I included a handwritten note on some of the pink paper on the inside and added some of the purple paper to the back. All of the papers were edged with a marker.
And more of the purple paper on the bottom of the card, along with an Impression Obsession stamped siggie.
And final view.
👀
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
Try to stay cool!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS
FLOWERS
SUMMER FLOWERS
Easel card

26 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and I like the silhouette images stamped in colors. Thanks for such a lovely team project for The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month!
Donna xx

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Darlene said...

OH WOW TEAMIE ... this is just gorgeous! I have deep purple iris just like this! Your coloring and design are fabulous!
BTW ... Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Donna Ellis said...

Such a beautiful easel masterpiece, Aimes! I love the textures you have made with the embossing and pretty patterned paper layering. I really had not considered putting sentiments atop patterned paper - it looks lovely! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comment on my blog today!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fabulous, from the back and from the front, and with my fave colours, yesssssss! I even have a shiny purple walking stick! I think you say a cane on your side of the pond! I have had huge computer problems these past few days, and I am hoping that it is getting back to normal! Hope you are feeling well, Aimeslee, look after yourself, BIG hugs, Valerie

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card and thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create hugs x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful easel card and papers Aimeslee,love the iris stamps.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations and Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x
We have some beautiful white Iris flowering in the garden,theyhave been in the garden since we got married in 1969 and John rememberes his dad plating them when he was young.Have been moved a couple of times but still thriving and this year has been the best display yet
Carol x

Chris said...

A beautiful card, fabulous stamps, colours and design. Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

cm said...

Your beautiful irises have planted a smile allll over my face! Gorgeous card - and thank you again for joining us at Inkspirational!
~carol

My name is Erika. said...

This card has such pretty colors and who doesn't love an iris? Yours are probably long gone...mine are starting to fade. This is a very pretty card. Have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

I'm back to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Anita said...

Love how wonderfully you always match up your patterned papers and your focal colors! Your card is so pretty.

brenda said...

A colourful floral card, thank you so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping June challenges.

B x

theras kartenblog said...

Beautiful and adorable!
Thank you for linking up at Friendship Challenge!
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is so pretty, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

Alyson Mayo said...

I just love everything about this - the shades of purple, the card design - everything! Fabulous!

Alyson Mayo said...

I missed this... thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card inspired by those colors. Great fold too.

HilaryJane said...

I do love irises and these ones look fabulous. Thanks for sharing the details of how you made this and for joining us at we love stamping this month xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous easel card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Diane said...

Well you already know I LOVE your beautiful easel card but as a teamie just wanted to pop in and tell you how gorgeous it is!!

Rae said...

Beautiful easel card, Aimslee. Covering every panel with the beautiful patterned paper makes it extra special. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #59. Hope to see you again soon.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! Your iris card just pops! Very striking my friend from front to back. Hang in there.

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT


Cazro said...

Hi, A very pretty easel card, lovely flowers and such a neat card. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.