Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Cheers to You, Dad

Greetings, hope everyone is managing well in the summer heat.
I finished my Honey's Father's Day card, except for the inside sentiment. Still working on that. But I thought I'd get it posted here now, as I hope to have another same-themed art journal project to share on Sunday.
I see Honey every day in his man cave pretty much in this position, in his red recliner and black reading glasses, lol. Although he hasn't read a real newspaper in a while, he usually has his iPad instead. 
So, when I was looking through my stamp files, I saw this old Polkadoodles Winston Snoozy Bear digi and printed it up to color with my colored pencils. I'd originally bought it for Honey, so no better time than now. I can't link to this specific image because it's apparently retired, but Winston was quite a popular Polkadoodles character in his day. They do sell a Winston Bear collection that this image is in HERE
 
I used Cheerful Sketches current sketch for my 6x6 layout design.
The card base is a brown textured Bazzill card and the patterned papers are all DCWV. I've inked all edges with a blue Spectrum Noir alcohol marker. The 3 little heart shapes are Altenew enamel dots. The DAD die cuts are Quickutz Squeeze Blossom Alphas, cut out of some brown SU scrap card. I used the brown card to die cut the MFT sentiment strips that I've stamped and heat-embossed the MFT sentiments on. Winston's glasses were colored using a Sakura black gelly roll glaze pen, as was his nose. Everything else was colored with Polychromos colored pencils. 
I matted the inside with more of the DCWV paper and will add my sentiment to it before Sunday. Something like "Happy Father's Day to the BEARY BEST DAD."
The back has more of the DCWV and the siggie I usually use.
Close-up of the image coloring and hopefully you can see the sentiment heat embossing with Ranger Seafoam White powder.
Close-up to try to show the shine coming off his glasses and nose, the enamel dots and heat-embossed sentiment.
And final view.
👀
Do you have your makes done for Father's Day? I'm relieved I do. No last-minute creating in secret this year for me! Yay! 
Thanks for dropping in and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I like both, but when I make a guy card I usually prefer to go with brights.
I used the orange/red/gold colors in the photo
Dies Used: Quickutz Squeeze Blossom Alphas, MFT Little Notes Sentiment Strips
 
Father's Day 6/18 is a holiday of the Spring season, as Summer does not begin until 6/21

30 comments:

brenda said...

A bright and happy card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card Aimeslee, I'm sure he will love it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Arlene said...

So very cute and fun! So glad you joined us this month of using critters at Die Cut Divas.

dj said...

A honey bear for your honey!! So cute!! Thanks for playing along with our "Happy Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. This is sure to bring a smile to your honey!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G324

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I bet he loved it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable bear image & I love how you colored him!! Perfect manly card - so glad you linked him up at Die Cut Divas!!

Elaine Stark said...

A super Father's Day card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Anonymous said...

How adorable and how appropriate as hubby reads alot. This is such a cute image. I don't have a Father's Day card in hand. Must get on that. Thanks for the inspiration girlfriend--Bethie

Dena J said...

Really sweet image and the bright happy colors are the best. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute and loving the color scheme and papers you chose! Perfect for Father's Day!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sari / Granne said...

Such a sweet daddy bear and beautiful papers and layout. Thank you so much for joining QKR Stampede challenge.

Carol said...

Sadly I no longer have a need for Father's Day cards. I am sure that Honey will love it.

Thank you for your good wishes for Jo. I am keeping in touch with her by email and she seems to be recovering slowly but carefully.

Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

crafty-stamper said...

A great Fathers Day card Aimeslee,love the P.papers and cute image.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and
Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Kathy said...

Aimeslee, How adorable. That bear is so cute and you colored it beautifully. I just love it...I clicked on the here and checked it all out. Thats an unbelievably great deal...I was wondering if the images come as jpg or png as opposed to pdf...I buy lots of digitals from Etsy and other designers. Thanks for sharing this link and thanks for sharing your sweet creation with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. Smiles, Kathy DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cute! My dad would've loved it. I need to get moving on my hubby's card. Hoping you're having a good day as pain free as possible.

World of Michael Trent said...

OK, that image is too much fun. And I love your card. My dad passed about 2 years ago but I will make Father's Day cards to honor him and other dads. Thanks for joining us over on the QKR Stampede Challenge Blog.

cm said...

How cute is your Father's Day card! The nestled-in-his-recliner, reading-his- paper bear is absolutely adorable! Your Honey will love this cutie, guaranteed! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol

My name is Erika. said...

Now if we substituted an iPad for the paper with this cute bear it could be my hubby-smile. Does your hubby like to sit and read the paper? This is a really cute card. I just saw the temperatures in your area. Boy it is still hot. Hopefully you aren't getting any of those horrible storms. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

Speaking of Father's Day cards, I better get busy and get one created for my Honey. Your Honey will love this one, I wonder if he will get that it's him! Thanks for inspiring us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute card for Honey - I’m sure he will recognize himself in the chair!

Margreet said...

Great card with an adorable image, which you coloured fab. Love the DP too.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

Great image and super card for a dad.

Nunzia Carusio said...

Beautiful father's card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge last week!
Nunzia DT

Pamela said...

Such a sweet card - I really like the colours used.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely fathers day card, I love the honey bear
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Wies said...

A lovely fathers day card with the ready bear and the fitting design paper.
Thanks for joining the Cheerful Sketches Challenge.
Greetings, Wies DT

corysnana said...

Love all of the details and love you put into making this sweet Father's Day card. It's lovely. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month on the Let's Craft & Create Blog. Your card is perfect with our optional "Hip to Be Square" theme. Cathy LC&C DT

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

beautiful card
thanks for joining our challenge
until the next challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt cheerful sketches

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Delightful image, Aimeslee. Super coloring. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT