Saturday, June 3, 2023

Floral Mum Birthday

 Hello and happy June. Hope everyone is enjoying some sunshine!
I've got one more floral-themed make to share until the 15th when I'll be back with some Beautiful Blossoms design team inspiration. A family friend of ours is getting this for her birthday.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing to a 4x6-inch card.
 My element #2 per the sketch is there, it's just hard to see because I die cut a rectangle of the pink KI Memories card stock and then put it back in, so the line is there but the background remains undisturbed.
The mum is from Hero Arts' Floral Mum Stamp and Cut set. I stamped it with Memento ink, then watercolored it and brushed a little purple Wink of Stella glitter over it so it sparkles. I added a bit of Magenta Stickles to the center of the mum. Then I die cut this and also another one out of white card, then glued the two together before attaching to the card front with glue dots.
I also stamped the mum all over the pink card stock background with Versamark and heat-embossed with white powder. Then I die cut a Cheery Lynn scalloped rectangle in the center, replacing the die cut. I had a snippet left of dark purple satin flower ribbon so I added it across the middle. I stamped the Papertrey Ink sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed with white powder. I die cut it with a Lawn Fawn banner die and layered it on the ribbon. Added 3 large flat sequins and rounded all corners with my WRMK Chomper before adding to my white card base (also corner rounded).
On back, I went with some Basic Grey Green at Heart papers, my siggie and a strip of card stock I used on front.
Inside, a Papertrey Ink sentiment stamped with Ranger Archival Cactus Flower Ink on white card I die cut with one of the Cheery Lynn nested dies. That's layered onto some BG Green at Heat paper. The left side is a combo of the leftover pieces. 
And final view.
👀
Take care and thanks for the visit!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS
I used Hero Arts Floral Mum Stamp and Cut set.
Spring Flowers
I like both, but bright, bold colors speak to my soul when I need a lift.
Flowers

23 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Sunday
Remember to link up at Sunday Smiles today

Much💖love

Valerie-Jael said...

My comment just disappeared!This is a wonderful card, dear Aimeslee, and one that everyone would like. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your Sunday! Hugs, Valerie xxx

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the single coloured flower against the white flower background - so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Arlene said...

Hi there,

You won the May challenge over at Die Cut Divas. Please contact us at thedcdivas@gmail.com so we may send your prize to you. Arlene with Die Cut Divas

Wonderful card here too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a lucky friend, Aimes. This is so vibrant and pretty. Very nice artistic way to highlight your image.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee!!! I just love your purple mum against the pink/white background.

brenda said...

A pretty card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Anita said...

Love the color combos in your card, Aimeslee! Also love how you've used the same stamp for both focal and background.

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful with the pretty papers and gorgeous flowers. The rounded corners finish it off so nicely! As always beautifully done inside and the back too. Your family friend will love it!
Thank you so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Linby said...

A wonderful design and a great idea to put the purple flower over that pretty pink and white background. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

theras kartenblog said...

That´s a beautiful project.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely and beautiful card Aimes. I love the single Mum, with the coloured background. But that is not enough for you, we then venture into the insert and a surprise awaits, more loveliness. With the pretty paper and the beautiful verse. And there's more, 'cause you turn the page over and more loveliness and your personal logo. Love it all.
Faith x
Hope all is well.

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

Brenda said...

These bright, happy colors are absolutely perfect for your beautiful image. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Fiona said...

I like your bold flower against the pink - I really need to use purple more - thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is stunning TFS over at AAA this month and hope to see you in future challenges Elaine DT xx

Berni Cuttino said...

This is such a pretty card. Fab colors and design. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
chasingthedream,My Blog

cm said...

Echoing the others: your mums card is ever so lovely, especially with the pink/white background as an eye-catching stage for your purple star of the show. Pretty on the outside and in. Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol

BAstelfeti said...

WoW a wonderful Card, nice color.
Thanks for joining Friendsip Challenge

Greetings BAstelfeti

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing creation. Loving all the details and I like how the one purple flower pops against all the others. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge. Apologies for the late comment.

sue n.

Helen said...

Beautiful card and colours - love the touch of sparkle.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT