Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Forget Me Not Journal Page

 Hello again. Hope you are all well.
Here's my final art journal page for the Flowers Challenge I've been hosting over at Art Journal Journey all month. I am amazed that I got 14 new pages finished and posted in one month. It's been a lot of fun and I want to thank everyone at AJJ for helping me do it. 
🙏💗🙏
Supplies Used:
Focal floral bouquet: Sweet n Sassy Forget-Me-Not digi stamp
Background photo credit: Kayla-Jane Barrie under Creative Commons License use
Sentiment: SEI Rub-On
Image colored with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir Glitter marker
Other: Deckle-edged Deco Scissors
The idea for this page originated with the sentiment rub-on. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with using them, but I am. Plus, I like the idea of these flowers being symbols of remembrance. So I went looking in my computer files to see if I had any of the flowers and I found this digi I'd never used. So I printed out, colored with Promarkers and fussy cut. Then I went looking at f-m-n photos online because I knew I didn't have any papers or stencils to match. I found this gorgeous photo that is free to use in my art with credit (which I linked above) and I thought, just these 3 elements might make a nice page. And I was right, I think. I like it. It looks very nice on my display table and that passes my test, lol.
Close-up to show the glittered flower centers.
And one last look.
👀
Thanks for dropping by and have a great last day of May!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS
I like the idea of forget-me-nots as symbols of remembrance.

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, your last journal page for AJJ is very beautiful - simple, effective, and full of meaning. And beautifully composed. Thanks for all the beauties you made for AJJ this month, you were a great hostess. Hugs, Valerie xx

ScrappyHorses said...

I'm with you about Forget Me Nots as remembrance symbols! Such a lovely flower; so pretty! Love your page with the digi over the pic; such a creative idea! Thanks so much for sharing your nature filled page with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful flower page!
hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Aimeslee. Forgot-me-nots are special to me - they are one of the wild flowers that my Dad would allow to grow in our garden. This afternoon we watched bees getting the last drop of goodness from the fading flowers here. Thanks for being a fantastic host for us at Art Journal Journey - you certainly did make some beautiful pages. Thanks for leaving us all such lovely comments too, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

It that be purple
Jumps off the page. It was the perfect color to make your flowers. And this page e en has a romantic feel. And yes, the bathrooms of Buc-ees were very clean. It was a really fun stop, and I wish we had something like that up here in the north. It was a lot of fun to stop. Thanks again for hosting, and have a wonderful start to June. Hugs Erika

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL art journal! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really DID fussy cut that image. I see the real image in the background and between the flowers you cut out. This is a fabulous final entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey, Aimeslee.

Thank you for hosting and being such a great host, too. You certainly went above and beyond, especially on those days you were in such incredible pain. Thank you again, dear. Be prepared to be asked to host again next year!!


Kreativestamping said...

Such a festive card...Best of luck in this week's Ai Challenge!

The Crafty Den said...

A really pretty journal page Aimeslee. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Loving the background too. Well done on creating 14 pages last month; that is some achievement. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous final page Aimeslee!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Alison xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the forget-me-nots too, they were everywhere in our garden growing up, they always remind me of a sunny flower and vegetable filled garden. Thanks for the lovely memories this gorgeous page has reminded me of.
Faith x

Anita said...

14 pages! You were certainly busy this month--thank you for hosting the challenge, I had fun joining. :-) I like the coloring on your flowers, and of course, the glittery centers! Also, the photo is such a good pick--the elements on your page work so well together.

Kate Deignan said...

Love this! Thanks for entering our challenge!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your page is just gorgeous Aimeslee!!

Renske Wishes You said...

Gorgeous page. Thank you for joining our Pennys'Paper-Crafty Challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Crafty hugs, Renske Penny's DT

Cards By MI said...

A lovely creation, very pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Awesome journal page! I love all the flowers and the colors! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

NatureFootstep said...

Wonderful! Forgetmenot is one of my favorite flowers.

Suze said...

Lovely art journal page Aiimeslee. Thank you for entering the Inspired by Nature Challenge at Path of Positivity.

Furrbster said...

I love the way you have been inspired by our photo inspiration.

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz