Monday, June 5, 2023

Masculine Happy One Year Older Day

Happy Monday! I hope your week is going well. 
It's a mixed weather bag here this week. Rain brings needed moisture and lower temps, but also bugs. We had a storm this afternoon, knocking out our power and internet for about an hour and it was a stressful half-dozen brown outs before restoration was complete. 
I always worry some appliance/equipment is going to get fried. 
This birthday card is going to a male family friend who likes classic muscle cars. I have this Visible Image The Right Direction stamp set I'd never used, so I thought, let's ink up. I grabbed a sheet of TH Distress watercolor card, my Niji pearlescent watercolors and Nocturne, Morning Mist and Green Oasis Versafine Clair inks for this
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch as inspiration for my scene. 
I stamped the MFT sentiment and heat-embossed it with clear powder. I stamped the car on masking paper and cut a wide-margin mask for it (on purpose, I wanted the car to stand apart from the background). I placed the mask down on the card above the sentiment, then stamped the cityscape in the middle, then masked off the sides and extended the cityscape on out to each edge. Removed the car mask and stamped the car and heat-embossed it with clear powder. Then I watercolored the sky, the cityscape and the area around the car in muted neutral shades. I colored the car with a Promarker and detailed it with a silver gel pen. I stamped the Lawn Fawn balloons and the Avery Elle streamers, then colored in the balloons with a Spectrum Noir glitter pen. I trimmed down the card to adhere it to the SU green A2 card base. Finally, I added some confetti dots across the sky with a white gel pen.
Inside, a stamped MFT/Avery Elle/Sunday Int'l mashup on light yellow paper.
You can see the pearlescent paint on the cityscape and sky, and the glittery balloons and the heat-embossed car.
This angle shows the white confetti dots. It's a guy card so I didn't want to get too glittery or cutesy. I tried keeping it loose and CAS.
And final view.
👀
Different look from me, but I'm enjoying mixing it up.
Have a great night and thanks for dropping by!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS
Ink, Watercolor paint, Embossing powder, Glitter

25 comments:

brenda said...

A great take on that sketch, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping June challenge.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

That’s a great car, and I love the green you colored it. It’s makes the perfect masculine card. My grandmother learned to drive at 55 and she bought her herself red muscle car like this one. At the time o didn’t really think much about it but now I must say it was an impressive move. I miss her; we were close. I hope this new week is going well for you. We’re on the end of the Iceland trip. Time is going too fast 😜but still a few days left. Thank for linking up to TIOT too. Hugs Erika

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card - so much detail around that stunning car image Aimeslee.
Thank you for sharing it with us at We Love stamping
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Bethie said...

Awesome Aimes!! I'm very intrigued by your extra large Matt you used around your car. Freaking awesome! That green really pops.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi dear Aimeslee, hope you are doing well. I once lost my laptop, printer and TV by a black out, so things like that make me very nervous....The masculine card is great with the car and the cityscape, I must make a card for my neigbour's birthday soon, he loves cars and golf....I hope I manage something. Today is hot and very close, feels like there'a a storm coming. Have a great day, stay well, take care! Hugs, Valerie

Gina said...

What a great card! Works for male or female and is fabulously nostalgic. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts XXX

Card Creator said...

Thank you so much for participating in My Time To Craft Challenge! I love the "classic" look on this card and one that my husband would absolutely love. I am looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations

~Tamara

Renske Wishes You said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge blog.
Good luck with your entry.

Crafty Hugs, Renske Penny's DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the colour scheme and the buildings behind the car! Get birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at both MTTC and HLS Birthday :)

Meggymay said...

Super sentiments on the card front and inside. Its a fantastic design and a great colour for the car. Thank you for linking with the TioT's
Masculine theme Aimeslee.
Yvonne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You've done it again Aimes, a fabulous masculine card, love the card and the wonderful background and of course the awesome insert. Just Super. Love it.
Faith x

Leanne said...

Love this card, my husband would as well (car guy) great sentiment inside as well, nicely done thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a crafty day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our SCRAPPING 4 FUN challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Jane said...

Love the clean and simple vibe of this card. Great choice of classic green for a classic car card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well this is the perfect card for those "muscle car" lovers! Great job - Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Vicki Dutcher said...

AND - HLS Water Color Challenge

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome! Love that muscle car. My hubby loves old muscle cars. I need to find my old mustang stamp in time for his birthday. I hope today gives you a pain free day my friend.

craftytrog said...

I love the green car! A fabulous masculine card Aimeslee.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Lots of fun components to this card. Super cool focal image for car enthusiasts! Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers June watercolor challenge! xoxo LynB

pearshapedcrafting said...

I adore this Aimeslee, thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs Chrisx

ClaireB said...

A terrific card, great sentiment outside and a lovely verse inside too. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month. Claire DT

cass said...

Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Make it Masculine Challenge

Andree said...

A super card, you created a fabulous scene with just the right amount of sparkle. Great stamping technique with the masks.
Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

The Dream Pages said...

Lovely..
Thank you for joining in at HLS water colour challenge
Keep safe and keep crafting
Dt Swapna

Catie Cuddles said...

What a great take on the sketch and fab use of those stamps.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy month and I’m now on catch up for last months blogs x but better late than never 😀