Thursday, May 18, 2023

Sweet Birthday Wishes

 Hey there, hope you are all well.
I'm sharing a birthday card using paper scraps, die cut scraps and a long-ago printed out collage sheet image.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design. I made this the last time I was feeling bad and having trouble focusing. After I'd finished the card, I realized that I had not followed the top portion of the sketch very well at all when I easily could have. My mistake was going by my memory instead of saving the sketch to my phone to use at my work table which is not where the computer is. I may even do this sketch again sometime to do it correctly. But, hey, the card is made and it looks fine so for now it gets counted and I'll plead artistic license for the variation.
I used some fabric ribbon my Mom gave me for the horizontal strip at bottom and glued on the Stamplorations and Hunky Dory dies cut out of white card. The brown patterned scrap that the collage sheet is layered onto had a blue and green butterfly on it so I fished through my Rubbernecker butterfly die cuts cup and found 3 blue ones to embellish it. I also added some white photo corners to the image at top. Scrap card stock is layered and edge distressed below both sections.
Inside, I stamped a Hero Arts sentiment and a My Cute Stamps Kawaii popsicle on both sides.
Overhead shot to show back with a striped paper scrap and some orange leftover from front, with a stamped and circle-punched siggie.
Close up to show the fabric ribbon frayed edge and the pretty little roses...
And final view.
👀
Take care and thanks for the visit!
XOX


MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST
Image from very old GG subscriber newsletter freebie digital collage sheet
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place May Challenge
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier and Amusement Park
Crafty Animals Challenge #72
Mini Butterflies, Mini Birthday Wishes die cut, Mini roses on ribbon
Art Impression Challenge #351: Furries and Feathers

17 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute - and remember that a sketch is a starting point. It’s clearly visible in your card design. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Cheryl W said...

I think your changes to the sketch reflect your own creativity! The image is so cute, and this card will definitely make someone smile. Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Jocelyn said...

This is a lovely card and I really like the way you always finish your cards off so nicely by making the back look as good as the front. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, I think the card is beautiful as it is! Love the beautiful image and the embellishments. Hve a good day, hugs, Valerie

Carol said...

Don't beat yourself up - it is a great card. And as Alyson says - you don't have to copy it down the nth degree. Life would be boring if we all did that.
So hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Makira said...

The bunnies in your creation are absolutely adorable! The use of colors and paper is fantastic. Thank you for participating in the Park Hopping My Happy Place event. Wishing you a weekend filled with creativity and serenity. Cheers, Makira

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a sweet birthday card! I love how all of the bits n pieces went together. Have a fabulous weekend my friend.

craftytrog said...

So cute! X

My name is Erika. said...

That is one sweet card! I'm loving those bunnies. I'm off to check out your latest journal page. Hope you are having a nice weekend. hugs-Erika

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee this card is super! I love the idea of artistic license. I need to remember it. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana Forrest DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, I love the bunnies and the back of your card as always looks as good as the front.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Julie B said...

I wouldn't stress about the sketch, it's only a starting point and the end result looks fine. Thanks for joining in at HLS Birthday. :)

Pamela said...

A really cute card and I love that ribbon.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

This birthday card is awesome! I love the card fold and the image used, it looks great!
Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Carole J said...

A fabulous birthday card, Amy. I adore this cute bunny image and need to go search through my GG sheets now to see if I have this one :)
Thank you for joining us at the Gecko Galz May 'Spun Sugar' challenge. We appreciate your support! x

BożenA said...

Your card is really beautiful. The perfect birthday card. Thank you for including her in our gallery at HLS Birthday.
Bożena DT HLS