Sunday, May 28, 2023

Fall and Frida

 Sunday greetings, hope your holiday weekend is going well.
I have an art journal page to link up to my Flowers Challenge at Art Journal Journey, and I also have an ATC to share using a portrait stamp of Frida Kahlo.

First up is my art journal page:
Today I've got Fall flowers and a display page for my front entry foyer for Fall. This is in one of my 7x7 Stonehenge journals. 
I was looking through my digital files for a nice flowery Fall image and found this fabulous clipart from TLC Creations. It was a freebie from her private Facebook group. I layered it on papers from a Webster's Pages 6x6 kit I have. And I inked the base page and then stenciled leaves on it.
 
Close up of the leaf stenciling using DOX Crackling Campfire and Uncharted Mariner on the base page that was inked with Peacock Feathers DI first. DOX layered over DI works very nicely. You can also see the square vellum paper layer on the background because it's a bit translucent. Then a round card stock paper layer, then my image. The deckled edges were made with deco scissors.
Here is this gorgeous TLC digital clipart image closer up. After I resized it in PSE, I used the Type tool to add the sentiment in a typewriter font. I added the flower at top, a recent junk mail find courtesy of St. Jude's.
I am really, really pleased with how this came out. And I know I'll be happy to turn to this page for my display as soon as it's time.

LINKING THE JOURNAL PAGE TO:


**************************************


Next up is my ATC:
A 100 Proof Press rubber stamp of Frida, top sentiment stamp is from Vickie Enkoff, bottom sentiment stamp is from Pam Hall (both very old and from Alluring Impressions, I believe), and the tie dye stencil is from TCW.
All stamping was with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and clear powder to heat emboss. I stenciled with Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers DI's using a tie-die stencil. I ran a black Promarker around the outside edge. I left Frida uncolored except for her earring, lips and floral headdress, so she would stand out and I wanted to try the technique at Lift Challenge. 
Super-duper pleased with how this one came out as well! 

LINKING THE ATC TO:

That's all for now.
Thanks very much for the visit and enjoy the weekend!
XXO

32 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC Aimeslee love the stamp and stencilled background-Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Love the fabulous journal page too
Carol x

Laurie said...

Lovely Frida card. This sentiment fits her perfectly and your blue and pink background is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

Christine said...

Nice art

Elkes Lebensglück said...

How cute the page is with the typewriter and the flowers too the deatil!!!
Wonderful the friday card!
Hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is beautiful, as always, and I love the ATC, too, as I am a great Frida fan. Have a good, new week, hugs, Valerie

Andree said...

A lovely ATC. The stencilled background is gorgeous, your colour choices are wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with our May challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Anita said...

Beautiful combo of fall colors with blue in your journal, Aimeslee! And good decision leaving Frida uncolored--that, with the tie dye stencil, is so impactful. I love that ATC!

lichazul said...

I love the autumn, beautiful pague👏👏👏👏💐 congrats
Frida ATC is very nice, (she is a figure controversial in side the map )
Have a great day 👍
Hugs from Chile sudamérica

Fiona said...

Love the vibrant colours of your ATC - that looks a really good stencil. I’m not familiar with the Frida stamp - looks a great image. Thanks for playing along with us again this month at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

Beth Stamps said...

Hey chicki poo! Your artwork is beautiful. The typewriter is just so cute. I love the colours.

Your Frida ATC is darling. I miss working on ATC's. Frida always looks good in artwork but especially today with that cool stencil and colours!

Darlene said...

Fabulous creation my friend ... love that typewriter image! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful journal, Aimes, and such luscious jewel-tone colors! It's so amazing how Nature can produce those rich colors no matter the season! hugs, de

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a cool ATC, was trying to figure out how you made the background, what a neat tie dye stencil that is! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love both of these - so much detail in each!

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Woow you are real artist! Congrats...

Bonnie Lynn said...

Both cards are amazing my friend. I'm really loving your fall art journal with that typewriter image. I hope you're having a better day today.

My name is Erika. said...

You have some fantastic art in this post Aimeslee. I like the fall flowers, and I like the typewriter too. It's a fun combo. And that is a super ATC. I like the pink and blue and the stenciled tie die look. It's great. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and for sharing another great page for AJJ too. hugs-Erika

Riet Harikini said...

Wonderful card, and what a spectaculair background.
Thanks for joining the Lost Coast designs challenge.

Carol said...

I think this is my favourite of your journal pages. I love it.
Please tell me how you manage to get your page onto the wire spiral binding.

I ask this because before my husband and I retired we owned a company manufacturing spiral binding. But they were plastic and I think easier to use.

Glad to read that you are feeling better.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Barbara said...

Very impressive journal cover. Makes me wonder what lovelies are inside. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your journal cover is gorgeous Aimes, love you added the typewriter font for the greeting, cleverrrrrr. Love what you have done with the Frida stamp, a bright and wonderful background.
Faith x

Empire of the Cat said...

I'm loving your typewriter page, I have one in just the same colour! And I always love a bit of Frida.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope by now you are feeling better. I hope you are free of pain today, too.

This is one of my favorite pages. I like the vellum. I adore the stenciled leaves. I like the deckle edges, too. But most of all, I like the typewriter sentiment you wrote in PSE. Very southern, y'all! This is a beautiful entry for your theme at AJJ, dear Aimeslee.

Conny said...

Wow, this is really amazing! Wonderful ATC!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Pamela said...

Your journal page is very pretty - very autumnal. I like how you've added text to the typewriter paper.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Pamela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Dutcher said...

Your stenciled bg goes wonderfully with your digi image - Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

Chana Malkah said...

Oh, my! This is a wonderful page! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous journal page. I really like the typewriter in the middle. The colours are beautiful too. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely Journal page, the typewriter with the wording is brilliant and beautifully coloured
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous ATC! Loving the background and Frida looks wonderful front and centre 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x