Monday, May 29, 2023

Anniversary Card for My Honey

 Happy Monday, hope all of you are doing okay.
Today has multiple special meanings. In the USA, it's Memorial Day to honor those who died for our country while serving. In the UK it's a bank holiday. In the religious world, it's Whit Monday after Pentecost.
And in Honey's and my little world, it's our 36th wedding anniversary!
I'm sharing the A9 card I made Honey. He likes big cards! I used a pre-colored digital image from The Paper Shelter, Newton's Nook Cottage Garden flower stamps and dies, Sweet n Sassy fence and grass dies, and Stampin' Up's Windmill dies (including the clouds, hearts and tulip border above the sentiment). Lots of dies!
I colored the background with colored pencils that the Dutch couple are in (and framed in black in PSE before printing). I also created the sentiment in PSE. The grass peeking out from behind the fence was colored with a green Promarker. All the red die cuts are either stamped or inked with Tulip Red Versafine Clair. The yellow is stamped with Cheerful VF Clair. And the green with Shady Lane VF Clair.
Inside, a verse composed by me in PSE.
We both have Dutch ancestors, so we call ourselves Double Dutch.
😊
The back...just a siggie! No patterned papers this time.
One last look.
👀
This was fun to make and Honey loved it.
I'll be back with a journal page in a little bit.
Enjoy your day/evening and thanks for the visit!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE LINKS
Marriage is the hardest work there is and a full-time job!
I used TPS Dutch Pure Love pre-colored digi
Colors and wedding anniversary is a celebration

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thia is GORGEOUS card, BIG congratulations on your 36th Anniversary! Love the Dutch couple and the wind mill. It's not far from Holland here, sometimes I go with a friend for a day out there, we do some shopping, eat and drink, and have a good time! BIG hugs to you and Honey, Valerie

Alyson Mayo said...

Awww - this is so sweet - love the Dutch couple. And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Make sure you celebrate! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Outstanding anniversary card!! The inside verse is so creative and fitting for your anniversary! Congrats! Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Challenge Blog! We appreciate your support! --Becca

Carol said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee. I was reading very quickly to find out why the card was 'Dutch'. Now I know. Great - and super verse. Well done.
Congrats on 36 years and I hope many many more.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Makira said...

What a sweet card! The poem inside is precious! I hope you and your husband had a good celebration. Thank you for your support of Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a peaceful & creative week! xoxo Makira

Lori Podolsky said...

Hi Aimeslee! What an amazing and truly beautiful card you created. Love it all! Thank you for joining our challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Have a lovely day. xx Lori - DT

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card Aimeslee! I bet Hubby loved it. Great sentiment too.
A happy 36th wedding anniversary to you both.
Hugs,
Alison x

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Gorgeous card!Happy Anniversary!.
Thanks you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge.
Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated anniversary. I LOVE that poem you created.

Valerija said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

Pamela said...

A sweet anniversary card for your hubby and the verse is perfect!
I looked up A9 sized cards as I'd heard that in USA they make smaller cards than in the UK. I mainly make 8 by 8 inch or A5 (similar in size to your A9).
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

MeSi said...

So cute! Love that scene. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT
My blog

Jennifer Kotas said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, full of colour. Thank you for joiining in the fun at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Happy anniversary to you both, I love this card beings back memories of holidays in Holland, great colouring
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

k said...

This is the cutest. I love the sweet details. Happy anniversary!!. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge. - Kanan

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

What a fun card! I love the colored images and the little scene!
Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
You have made such a wonderful keepsake card to mark the occasion. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Helen said...

How cute Aimeslee! A sweet Anniversay card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)