Monday, May 29, 2023

Anniversary Journal Display Page

Hey there. Me again. I'm popping in to share my art journal display page that I made in honor of our wedding anniversary. And I made sure it had flowers for the challenge I'm hosting at Art Journal Journey through May 31. 
I found this adorable vintage digital clipart image in a Gecko Galz junk journal kit that I won a year's monthly subscription for and I thought it would work well for my page. After resizing in PSE and before printing, I used the Type tool to add our names and wedding date. I began the page by blending Memento Angel Pink ink over the entire page with a blending brush. Then I used a Funky Fossil Sweet Hearts stencil with Tulip Red Versafine Clair ink and a sponge dauber to cover the sides with hearts.
I dug through my stash and decided to use some old plaid Scrapbook border stickers at top and bottom. Then I layered on some Doodlebug flower border strips. (I also cut a few individual white flowers off what was left of one of the strips and glued them on here and there.) I inked the perimeter of the image with the Tulip Red ink and added it to the page. I had the stamped and die cut yellow and pink flowers left over from previous projects, so I arranged them and glued them on. And done!
Close-up to show our names and wedding date. 
(Amy's my birth name, Aimes or Aimeslee is my preferred nickname.)
And, here it is on display in the foyer today. 
👀
Now I have something to put out every year.
We've had a great day so far and I'm looking forward to our evening meal. We are having chili dogs with sauerkraut, potato salad, chips, baked beans and chocolate cake.
Just good old American comfort food.
😋😍😋
Have a great evening and thank you for dropping by.
XXO

MY CHALLENGE LINKS
I used an image from the Jan. 2021 Sweet Love Junk Journal Kit

14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fantastic image, and even better that it's in celebration of your anniversary. HAppy anniversary to you both. Is your husband also blonde? This is a fun way to not only show flowers but the love you share too. I like it. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Another charming beautiful journal page. Thank you so much for hosting you!

Have a happy day, hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the image, Aimeslee, and the whole piece is gorgeous! Thanks for linking again to your challednge at AJJ! Enjoy your dinner this evening, it sounds very yummy, hugs, Valerie

Dena J said...

Such a marvelous image and you've added wonderful color and design for your special journal page. Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for joining us again at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

craftytrog said...

What an adorable page Aimeslee! I love it!
Alison x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your art journals are amazing, I just love all the creative ideas and fun embellishments you incorporate, and such a sweet image on this page! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful journal page!! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Mervi said...

Lovely creation!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

stampinwithanita said...

OMG, Aimeslee...those vintage images are so adorable! Great layout and design....Thanks so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge this month!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun and colorful page. Nice you won that image because it is perfect. Today ONLY, I will call you Amy because it's less letters to write (grin). I also love the strips you used on the side of the image. Goes so well with your focal image. This is a fabulous entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Amy.


Valerija said...

Another amazing project. I love it.
Thanks for joinig us at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

ahlers5 said...

Oh my gosh, this page is gorgeous!