Saturday, May 27, 2023

Glamp Camp Tag

 Wow, is it really Saturday? Most of my week was a blur. My pain is becoming more manageable but I'm having trouble focusing and having to work linearly (no multi-tasking) and just pray I don't forget some deadline. It should only last a few days, knock wood.
So, you may recall the other day seeing the Safari tag I made for Honey's fantasy travel destination, and that I'd share mine later. Well, here's mine and mind you, it's only for a weekend of camping. But some of my friends have RV's or little travel trailer/campers and they love them, so I'd like to try one for a few days max. (And there's my own personal very nice Porta-Potty with a sink just out of view that is cleaned daily by the management, lol.) There are actually camp sites you can rent here in Texas like this and I imagine every state has them, so glamorous camping aka glamping is a lucrative seasonal business. And in industrial areas around here, out of town workers bring their RV's and rent a space and live there instead of in a hotel. But there's probably no glamor there, lol. 
For the base I used the same SU dark green card as Honey's tag and the same corner notched stitched square dies to cut the paper layers. I was wanting scene papers and found one in a Webster's Pages collection. I used an Avery Elle trailer stamp with Versafine Clair ink, heat-embossed it and then fussy cut it out. I also found the signpost on another Websters Pages paper and fussy cut it to include in my scene. I used a brown marker to line the edges of the signpost. The sentiment was made using some really old Scrapworks alpha rub-ons and they cracked on me. That's okay, looks rustic! 😃
I colored the trailer with Promarkers, except for the silver which is a Spectrum Noir glitter marker. I also dug through my brads and found the pink crown with tiny little rhinestones on each point. 
I used an SU tab punch to cut the top for a hanger and make it look a bit more like a tag. And done!

That's it for me, but back soon. Thanks for the visit!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST
Camper is stamped and heat-embossed

15 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Sunday Aimeslee. Remember to link to Sunday Smikes
HERE
Much💖love

pinky said...

This is so fun and sweet Aimeslee! I always loved caravanning! Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Sandra Wright. said...

What a super Tag, love that caravan.
Thank you so much for playing along at Tag Tuesday.
Take care Aimeslee.x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh this is a very fun tag too Aimeslee. I would glamp camp. Especially in a cute little trailer like you have on your tag. Just enough space but not like pulling a huge mobile home sized trailer. This is another fun tag, and a picnic would be fun too. As I just wrote, hope you are feeling better and enjoying your long weekend. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Ameaslee, sorry you have had a lot of pain, that's hard. Your tag is gorgeous. I'm not a fan of camping, but perhsps glamping with all mod cons would be good! Thanks so much for making another fun tag for my challenge, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

stampinwithanita said...

I love glamping, too! This card is so fun. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love your glamping tag!! I'm so sorry you're still dealing with a fibro flare. Sounds like you and I are having a horrible time with flares right now. I hope you start feeling more relief soon my friend.

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic tag Aimeslee. The trailer is so cute and your colouring is perfect; love the touches of silver. Thanks for joining us over at Passion for Markers for our special anniversary challenge. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. I hope you start to feel better very soon x x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Another super tag project for our challenge, Thank you for joining us at Passion For Markers this week.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and colourful with a great subject. I like your portaloo tucked away hahaha, you even have a picnic set up, Love it Aimes.
Glamping here in the UK, usually means luxury large tents or Yurts (as the people from Mongolia use) or huts etc. All done out with heating and luxury items usually a hot tub too.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

“Glamping…” - makes me laugh. That’s totally not real camping in my eyes (coming from an avid wilderness canoe tripper). Love the colours and the sign image!

Julie said...

Super cute make with this lovely image! Thanks so much for joining in our mega challenge at PFP last week (I'm just catching up!). Juliex

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a charming camper and a great tag.

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

Pat said...

I think if the weather is good a bit of glamping is a great idea, and I love your cute van and signpost with all those fun sentiments on it Aimeslee, very upbeat and pretty. x