Friday, April 14, 2023

Hip Hip Hooray It's Honey's Birthday

Hip Hip Hooray, it's FriYay!
AND My Dear Husband Honey's Birthday!!!

And here's the card I made him. I combined some hand stamping and stenciling with a few die cuts to make this masculine birthday card.

 
This Splitcoaststampers sketch inspired my layout design. I didn't follow the sketch exactly, but close enough for gov't work, I think. 😊

Supply List:
White tag board card base
Canson 90# watercolor paper
Colorbok and Anna Griffin designer papers
Pink Ink Designs Lucky Stripes zebra, 
Stamped with Nocturne Versafine Clair, 
Clear heat-embossed and 
Colored with Promarkers
Stencils: TCW Four Ferns, Halftone Borders, Halftone Circles; MFT Grassy Edges
Distress Inks: Speckled Egg, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Evergreen Bough, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Rustic Wildernesss
Creative Vision and MFT sentiments, stamped and heat-embossed
W Plus 9 balloon dies
Avery Elle signature seal dies
Uni-ball Signo Black and white gel pens

I had fun using all the stencils with the blue and green Distress inks. I cut the balloons from the leftover zebra designer paper that I cut for the card back (see below). I edged them with a black Promarker to help define them. I drew the balloon strings with the black gel pen. I dotted the zebra's eyes with the white gel pen. The black Promarker got a good workout coloring the zebra's stripes, also warm grey markers. I colored the round sentiment with blue and green markers and matted with a scrap of black card from stash. I edged the top focal layer with the blue marker.  

Inside, my self-composed sentiment done and framed in PSE and printed on white card.

And on back, some zebra designer paper and more green spray paint designer paper like the bottom mat on front.



Some close-ups....

And one last look.
👀

I thought it made a pretty nice masculine card. I'd gotten it into my head to use this never-before-used Pink Ink stamp and because it's huge I made a 9x6-inch card out of a 9x12-inch tag board card base. I have some 7x10-inch booklet envelopes that this size card fits into nicely. I love the bigger area, so I'm going to make this size more often! Honey loves getting big cards, so it was a big hit with him. 

We're having Spaghetti for supper and then homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting. We've been having internet issues on and off since Tuesday, so the Xfinity tech arrived this afternoon and blessed us with new connections at the pole and to the house, plus a brand new modem. So, fingers crossed for no more problems!
Take care and thanks for the visit.
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Stencil Fun April Challenge

20 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific card - love that zebra! Happy Birthday to your other half - hope you had a terrific celebration!

brenda said...

Isn't he a fabulous Giraffe Aimeslee and you created a lovely scene for him so he remains centre stage, sure you hubby loved his special card.

Thanks so much for joining our April challenge at We Love Stamping and for using the Animal option.

B x

Makira said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This card is Ze-best! I have always admired your thoroughness in your cardmaking. The back of your cards is always so well coordinated. 🖤🤍🖤🤍 Thank you for joining the fun at Park Hopping, My Happy Place. Have a peaceful and relaxing weekend!
xoxo Makira

Darlene said...

OMG ... so cute (as always). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

Vicki Dutcher said...

He is an awesome zebra! Fabulous card - Thanks for joining in at TMR

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE this card! Happy birthday to Honey!
hugs,
de

Heather said...

Great card! I love the fabulous, grunge-y background you created! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Linby said...

I just love how vibrant this card is. Great use of the space and the design elements. Thanks so much for sharing at We Love Stamping.

Pamela said...

what a fun background that you've created using stencil challenge here with us at The Male Room, so fun and vibrant!

Heather said...

I should have checked your challenge list while I was here before! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy.

Sandy said...

A wonderful card for your husband love the zebra image and your stencilled background. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hugs, Sandy Dt member 613 Avenue Create






















Ilonka said...

A gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing it with us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw this card over at Creative Artiste and just had to stop by and tell you how much I LOVE it.

Ellibelle said...

Belated Birthday Wishes to your husband! I love how this card turned out with the fabulous background and fun zebra! Fantastic all the way around and inside too! Fun fact, my husband got a Zebra card for his birthday too using a different Zebra stamp :) Now if only I had such a fabulous sentiment inside the card!!! I just love it and how wonderful that you wrote it up yourself - you are so skilled!!

Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Larelyn said...

This is wonderful! I love that you use every panel for your designs. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Starts with a B Challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Gale said...

I love this card Aimeslee! It just grabs your attention. Fab design. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

ahlers5 said...

Oh my gosh, what a great card! The image is just amazing. Thre design of the overall card is just so beautiful, too.

Michelle Peckham said...

So fun! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful card! That zebra stamp is beautiful and the sentiments are such fun too 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x

Donna Scholz said...

Aimeslee, absolutely LOVE the birthday card you created for your husband! A fun zebra card with wonderfully stenciled background!! Thank you so much for sharing you card and creativity with us at The Male Room!!! -Donna