Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Coffee, Tea and Me

 Happy Wednesday!
Hope you are all doing well.

I'm back to finishing up special projects and April cardmaking, but I wanted to share the other art journal spread I got done during my journal playtime break. This one is again in my 2009-2012 journal and is about my drinking habit! 😁 I don't remember exactly when I began drinking so much hot tea so I didn't date it. I just know it was during these years. And I was a coffee drinker the whole time. 

This is what I began with. I'd previously gess'd the spread and glued on squares and torn strips of patterned paper maybe, then I painted on a lovely green acrylic color. So, looking at it I could see only the squares, and the idea came to me to put my tea bag tag labels in them. I had already saved up several tags, as well as the magazine images of the woman and the coffee cup, all waiting for me to do the spread.

I did need to define/dress up the squares more, so I decided to draw some color around them. And I thought that would be fun to use the LA Colors nail polishes that Dear Daughter had given me. I also scribbled around the torn strips using a few Inktense Blocks smudged in with a damp towel. 

Now that the torn strips were better defined, I saw they would be good spots for the title. I used my white paint pen and gel pen to hand-write the title. I also added a few words of journaling and wrote on the coffee with the white pens. All the paper elements were recycled to reuse for this spread.

I just love the magazine image of  this woman. She's got blue paint all over her and relaxing on a tea or coffee break. Her facial expression makes me relax and smile. I added some collage fodder to the left edge of this page and also a small square rub on that says "blessing".

On this side I added two more little square rub ons "grace" and "humanity". I also tried to draw and color in a circle area for the coffee cup. I got caught up in the moment creating it before realizing I should have used a circle template to trace the shape first. Oops, oh well. 

One last look.
👀
Take care and thanks for the visit!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really adore this entry, Aimeslee. I love how you recycled the lady from a magazine and how you used the tea tags. That was brilliant. Even the coffee, my favorite, looks perfect. Thanks ever so much for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you made this page Aimeslee-including making the squares where the leftover tea bags would be and then just adding the little tea "tags". And of course adding the coffee cup too. Smile. This is recycling at its best and makes a really fun page too. I like the green too. Thanks for joining Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ again. This is a great journal to remember back in the day. Hugs-Erika

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a fun and creative idea, Aimeslee. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Your creativity and participation are always greatly appreciated.

I hope you'll also come hop along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. The hop just started today. www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

Have a blessed week.
Karen

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun journal page, Aimes! I DO like the way you elevated the squares by tracing outlines. And goodness -- all those types of tea! It seems to me most of my friends prefer Folgers Coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker or tea imbiber, so I can't really say what favorites I have, but I love that you enjoy such a variety! Wishing you a great week-end! hugs, de

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love it!! I especially love how you saved all of your different tea bag labels. That's a great idea!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a creative and fabulous journal page Aimes. I haven't seen so many tea bags labels in one place before. And we are supposed to be a nation of Tea drinkers. Love your creativeness. The lady makes me relax too, she's done all she's going to do and now to relax with a great cuppa. I think I shall go and do the same. :)
Hugs
Faith x

marlies said...

Leuk wat je gemaakt hebt! Fijn dat je meedoet bij de Mixed Media Lovers! Marlies, DT

ahlers5 said...

I just love the pages yo do. Honestly, I can hardly remember what I did last week, never-mind over ten years ago!

Andree said...

A fabulous journal spread. A super strong design and a wonderful addition of the nail polishes to go with the bold tea tag colours.
Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x