Tuesday, April 4, 2023

First Easter/Spring Card

 Hey there, hope everyone is surviving this Clint Eastwood Spring weather (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly). Thoughts and prayers continuing for those dealing with The Ugly.

So, I made Easter/Spring cards this past weekend and the plan was to use up stuff in my Easter box. I found this Hetty Clare Sax Bunny already printed up and had to use him. This is for Dear Daughter and Son In Love. They live in Austin, TX and every year since it began he has worked the South By Southwest Festival (SXSW) as a volunteer. They've also been known to hop a plane cross-country to catch a concert, more than once. They met at a Father John Misty concert and he proposed to her at one 3 years later. Music is therefore a central theme with them, so I figured this bunny would work with some sentiment snark. 😁😎 

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design. Those sideways half-circles intrigued me and I immediately thought of a winding road or walkway. The stencil I ended up using gives some of that same movement, so that made me happy.

Supply List:
Crafter's Companion Gold Dust Shimmer card stock base
Hetty Clare Sax Bunny Digi, colored with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir glitter markers
Funky Fossil Round in Dots stencil, inked with Delicata Gold pigment ink and heat-embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder
Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges Dies, edges colored with the glitter markers

Inside, I composed and framed my sentiment in PSE and printed out.

On back, some Provocraft Heritage music collage designer paper, cut with one of the Distressed Edge dies, then brushed here and there with a few Palette Hybrid pastel inks. I did the same to the stamped and circle punched siggie. The strip behind it is cut with one of the dies, then gold heat-embossed in a shabby way.

Angled shot to show off all of the shine!  I was struck by how much it looks like I stenciled with paste and then foiled, but I did not. The Princess Gold ep is very shiny! I bought this stencil because it reminded me of lighted disco balls. One of these days, I'm going to use it that way. Well, maybe I just did - a half disco ball pattern. 
👍😄

One last look.
👀
I'm really happy with it, although I wish now I'd said Spring is on the playlist. 😏 Hope the kids get a kick out of it.
I'm behind answering emails and visiting blogs because I've got what I call an allergy cold...same symptoms but it's allergies. Still makes me feel blehhhh on top of my infusion not working like I'd hoped. Anyway, I will be posting the Easter cards I made, but it may take me a bit to get back up to my usual activities. Just didn't want anyone thinking I was ignoring them. I'll catch up.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Tuesday!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Scat Cat Club at Walt Disney World Port Orleans French Quarter
Inspired by the rainbow-colored French macaroons

31 comments:

Nat said...

Fabulous card, this image really made me smile! Thanks for sharing at PFM
Natx

Snowcone said...

That Easter card is adorbs!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness! What a fantastic manner you chose to showcase the 2 "half circles", Aimes! And the gold EP is fantastic - it really is eye catching against the shiny blue and sparkly ivory in the background. I have the delicata ink pads and would you believe they are still virginal? How have I allowed that to happen? Now I want to use them. Your cards always tell a cute story, and this one does not dissapoint! Wishing you a great day with those "disco" balls! (giggle)
hugs,
de

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool!!! I love it! I haven't even started Easter cards yet. I'm so behind right now. Sorry to hear about your allergies acting up. We're both dealing with The Ugly weather. I got a good laugh out of your Clint Eastwood analogy. LOL Your daughter and son in love are going to love this card.

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably CUTE and a fabulous design!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Colorful Options!
Diane SF Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

My name is Erika. said...

That bunny card sounds perfect for your daughter and your son-in-love. I've never been to Austen but I hear from people it's a great music town, so it sounds like they're living in a good spot. That's a fun bunny sax player and I really like that gold design behind him too. It's perfect for TIOT so thanks for joining our new spring challenge. And thanks for the book recommendations. The cold war spy one sounds great, and I found an under $5 copy on ebay so I ordered that. Have a great rest of your week and Easter also in case you don't post or I don't get by your blog before then. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A fabulous and fun card Aimeslee.
Have a lovely Easter weekend.
Alison

Jackie C said...

Hmmmmmmm, Spring! Still waiting here in the UK!
But this has cheered me no end! Fun card!
Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun Easter card and perfect sentiment for it! Hope you feel better very soon!
Thanks so much for joining in at "I spy with my little eye" this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Anonymous said...

Such a great image and the gold background is just fab! Love the layout and the verse inside is brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Karen said...

A gorgeous image and that gold background is just fab! A great layout and the verse inside is brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Makira said...

💙💙💙 this! Your bunny playing the sax is just too adorable! Thank you for sharing at Park Hopping, My Happy Place. Have a creative & peaceful weekend! Cheers, Makira

PS. I redesigned the "Inspiration" page of our challenge to make it crafter friendly; you might want to check it out. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Aimeslee, once again you have come up with the most brilliant idea for a card. Your young folk will be sure to love it! Great use of the 'glitter globe' Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Bethie said...

Hey darlin' Happy Easter. Thank you for sharing a happy story. Your card has me starring. It's gorgeous with multi coloured edging. My daughter surprised us all with an ice cream truck when we exited the church so for years I used Stampin' Up!'s ice cream truck for their anniversary.

Carol said...

I love this one Aimeslee. You have used one of my favourite digital musicians. Just adorable.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Diane said...

Me again, thanks for sharing you adorably cute and fun card with us at The Sisterhod! Our weather here is exactly that, seems more ugly then good, but next week to warm up to the 70's but just wish it would stay there, it's 41 right now in my part of Michigan! Have a happy Easter!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Stencil Fun}

Pia S said...

What a fun design with lots of illusion of movement and blinking lights from the half disco circles. Cool! Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational!

Pia S said...

Also, thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday:)

Gale said...

This is just fabulous Aimeslee! Love the Easter egg or circle split in half. What a fab ideal. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Aimeslee. The bunny is very cute and your colouring is perfect. I love your sparkly half circle design in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh this is so good! I love the gold background and super fun image - perfect for the occasion. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda!

Becca Sadler said...

Cuteness overload!! Thanks for sharing at Ally's Angels during March 10-April 10 competition! --Becca/DT

Meggymay said...

A fantastic fun card. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Pamela said...

A really fun card - I like the two halves of the egg.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Seafield Jo said...

You made me giggle! Clint Eastwood style weather!!
Your card is lovely and such fun.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

stampinwithanita said...

Your card really made me smile. So personalized and perfect for them as you described how they met and what they enjoy. It was fun to see the back of the card decorated, too. I never think of that. So great!

Pauline C said...

This is completely fabulous! Love the whole concept of the funky musical bunny and all the details, sentiment and stencilling that goes with it - great job!
Thanks so much for joining us this time at I Spy With My Little Eye challenge.
Pauline xx

ClaireB said...

Such a cute card, and so much detail on the back too. The verse made me smile. Thanks for joining us this month at the Pearly Sparkles challenge, Claire DT

ahlers5 said...

Great focal image, but I also love the stenciled design behind it. Inside sentiment is great.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the bunny image and gold background. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x